[Themes]Unified Theme Thread

Guest Frankish

Guest shakerist

Er sorry for the noobish question but how do i get the orginal wallpaper back of the blue gingerbread theme that sort of blue firery thing after titanitum backup restore it went away to my old wall paper of when i was using 2.1 or could you just upload it?

Guest Frankish
Er sorry for the noobish question but how do i get the orginal wallpaper back of the blue gingerbread theme that sort of blue firery thing after titanitum backup restore it went away to my old wall paper of when i was using 2.1 or could you just upload it?

Post 3, FAQ there is a link to wallpapers.

Guest Frankish

Big Change.

I have changed ALL themes that have dark notification background to white or grey backgrounds. This is so NO text is hidden/blended in. This means i have removed the modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk so the files are smaller. Some of you may think it doesn't look as nice as dark backgrounds but this is the only way for now to have fully visible texts. If you have flashed a theme with modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk you can download the stock files for your rom from here! Please take the correct version.

I have fixed the "Clear" button text in Galaxy S theme.

Fixed an icon in reboot menu for some GenerationX variants.

Fixed a lockscreen icon on Elegant Steel theme.

Out of 48 files i have today personally tested around 25 across three roms. I didn't spot any mistakes but please...let me know if you spot anything odd.

Edited by Frankish

GPS icon disappears if nothing is using GPS. If something uses GPS it comes back.

I noticed that know, that there is a grey icon when I'm using an app that uses the GPS. But doesn't the gps still draw power when it's turned on in the phone?

Before, there was a gps icon whenever it was turned on in the phone. Now it just appears when certain programs uses the gps. And wouldn't the gps still be on if I'm using an app that uses gps, but runs in the background?

Guest SqueakyG

Is there a variation with a more obvious/colourful GPS indicator for Gingerbread themes? The grey circle GPS is the only thing I find disappointing about these Gingerbread themes. It's hard to see. I also agree with the poster above me that it would be good if it showed that GPS is active even if there is no application currently using it. Can Android do that?

Guest Tobriand
What recovery are you using?

@Comforter That theme is there it is just GenX with nothing else in the name.

I think 2.5.1.8; I hesitate to upgrade to 3.0.0.5 since I'm not sure whether or not I need the legacy update method, I'm sure I don't need the EXT4 support it brings, and the slower reported load times for recovery with 3.x versions pushes me towards compatibility over cutting edge.

NB though, I'm not certain; it says 2.2.1 Jesusfreak edition, but the mdasum matches that of the 2.5.1.8 file posted in the stickies, so I figured that probably referred to something else....

Ask and ye shall receive...

Check two threads down: Change GPS icon? *Success!

You can see that GPS is on with the power widget, there's also lots of apps in the market that will provide an icon to show/toggle its status.

Sweet!

But that doesn't change that the gps icon isn't visible when it's on, only when an application uses it? Is that a Froyo-related issuse and has nothing to do with this theme? Cause I don't think the icon of this theme is that bad, just that it's not functioning when the gps is on.

Loving the theme and will probably keep it anyway. Not that keen on using an additional widget, my first homescreen is full =)

Guest rufree2talk
Big Change.

I have changed ALL themes that have dark notification background to white or grey backgrounds. This is so NO text is hidden/blended in. This means i have removed the modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk so the files are smaller. Some of you may think it doesn't look as nice as dark backgrounds but this is the only way for now to have fully visible texts. If you have flashed a theme with modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk you can download the stock files for your rom from here! Please take the correct version.

works perfectly now... I swapped my ADW Minimal theme for ADW Minimal Black theme to match the black-on-white concept of your theme... and it looks so damn awesome... thanks a lot! :D

post-805608-1297696111_thumb.pngpost-805608-1297696173_thumb.pngpost-805608-1297696184_thumb.png

Edited by rufree2talk

Guest Frankish
works perfectly now... I swapped my ADW Minimal theme for ADW Minimal Black theme to match the black-on-white concept of your theme... and it looks so damn awesome... thanks a lot! :D

post-805608-1297696111_thumb.pngpost-805608-1297696173_thumb.pngpost-805608-1297696184_thumb.png

No problem but if you have a specific request along the lines of something grey like you wanted i may have time in the next few days to fix something up.

Guest Frankish
please help, currently on jj9 with 2.5.1.8 clockwork, in sebs recovery app do I just press "install firmware" to flash any jj theme?

Not sure as i think it may wipe using that option. Select Boot to recovery and then manually install .zip form sd.

Guest Salsaholic

Big thanks to Frankish for maintaining all these wonderful themes!

I just switched from JJ6 to FLB r8a... and might not have done it without knowing the blue gingerbread circle mod was also available for FLB's :D

Only annoyance was the incompatibility with RA Recovery. I should have read the 1st post better, could have saved me lots of re-boots and re-flashes which did not work. After downgrading to ClockWork 3 it then worked like a charm. (And yes, going from RA to CWR3 feels like a significant downgrade to me, menus just make much more sense in RA. But well, I don't expect to use the Recovery a lot :D)

May I ask why RA Recovery compatibility was removed?

Edited by Salsaholic

Guest rufree2talk
No problem but if you have a specific request along the lines of something grey like you wanted i may have time in the next few days to fix something up.

ya sure I'll totally take that too... with this one, everything is fine, but I guess by removing of the modifications for DownloadProvider.apk, the Market notification for "Downloading/Installing xyz" gets lost in white-on-white now... I think you mean to say that the same happens for the "Playing xyz track" notifications also... so a mild grey background would be the best solution in my opinion...

Guest Frankish
ya sure I'll totally take that too... with this one, everything is fine, but I guess by removing of the modifications for DownloadProvider.apk, the Market notification for "Downloading/Installing xyz" gets lost in white-on-white now... I think you mean to say that the same happens for the "Playing xyz track" notifications also... so a mild grey background would be the best solution in my opinion...

I uploaded a fix for that to turn them back black. Could have sworn I posted it. Also could have sworn I posted steps for flashing using amon ra I'm off to check my posts now lol. If I missed anything ill update later tonight.

Guest Tobriand

Ok, experiments carried out :D

I can get a complete theme if I flash JJ9 + patches + theme before booting for the first time. Then go back to recovery and flash 0x90's mod (though thankfully, this way doesn't require data/cache resets). Flashing another theme after the first boot of a freshly flashed rom just doesn't work. Maybe I'm running out of space on the system partition? I'm using one @ 128mb rather than 256 :D. Or once they're flashed they're marked read only and so subsequent flashes don't wipe over them if they're just adding files. Or something.

I'm still on the last set of themes, so I've moved to the Gingerbread one for functionality reasons, and enjoying every minute of it! Thanks Frankish :)

Guest rufree2talk
I uploaded a fix for that to turn them back black. Could have sworn I posted it. Also could have sworn I posted steps for flashing using amon ra I'm off to check my posts now lol. If I missed anything ill update later tonight.

you did say "download them from here", but there was no link... are these files in the same folder as the themes too... if so then I guess I'll open the folder at home and let you know... file sharing websites blocked at work :D

Guest Frankish
you did say "download them from here", but there was no link... are these files in the same folder as the themes too... if so then I guess I'll open the folder at home and let you know... file sharing websites blocked at work :D

Ahh crap :D

The fix for anyone experiencing white on white or black on black text is here. Really this time. This is for anyone using my previous themes that modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk. The files in my .zips are just the stock theme ones now. Please choose correct one for your rom.

Download Music and DownloadProvider fix.

Guest m_w_clarke
So the new power widget in the status menu stays after flashing these?

Apparently not, reading the ROM thread. But I never used this mod.

Sorry if my post was misleading.