2.3 based on CM7 aka swiftdroid project

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

When I try and install the v1.8 recovery version from the link above (via clockworkMod Recovery menu) it gives me the following error:

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Installation aborted.

Does anybody have an idea what might cause this error? Has anyone got this to work?

I'm using CM7 1.6 with ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5

Cheers

K

Guest liamwilli2
I was disappointed from the battery life too .... until I found ... this program ! Battery booster . It has risen my battery life up to 3 days !!! And now it's still 40% ! Absolutely awesome ! Before i found my battery life was around a day .

Make sure that these options are activated :

battery booster ---> battery tweak ---> smart battery saver

battery booster ---> battery tweak ---> security level ---> low

The apk is in the rar archive below . Here you are :

It doesn't do anything with version 1.9

Edited by liamwilli2

Guest Alan502

I just installed 1.9 and it's way faster than lg's official 2.1 update, awesome!!!

However, I cannot get to browse the internet from wi-fi. Does anybody else have a problem with wi-fi connections?

Edit: It was something with my network :) Apologies.

Edited by Alan502

Guest Mavamaarten

To update from v1.8, do I just copy the recovery zip to the root of my SD card and use Clockwork to install it ?

That'd be so much easier than flashing s*** with that ultra slow kdz updater...

Is it possible to use a 3rd party launcher with cm7, LauncherPro, GO Launcher etc, Because i manage to install ok but can't seem to find a way to select/change from the stock launcher?

Also anyone have a bug when the phone is powered on, it take's a min or 2 for sim card to work?

Guest Ernoke
guys, when my phone has it screen turned off for a while, the phone disconnects the wifi connection (and it reconnects it when its turned on again)

i have no battery booster app installed (though i used to)

is this normal?

using openswift 1.8

Ive just installed v2.0 and it fixed the issue mentioned above.

Edit: No, it didnt :) it became better but still disconnects sometimes.

Edited by Ernoke

Guest Ernoke

Offficial email client (not gmail) is missing in this v2.0

Facebook force closes when selecting Messages.

Installed via the link above with Recovery 3.0.1.9

Guest Jamie :)
Offficial email client (not gmail) is missing in this v2.0

Facebook force closes when selecting Messages.

Installed via the link above with Recovery 3.0.1.9

I can confirm that Facebook FC's as this is the reason I rolled back to EleganceSwift Data <-> System.

Much faster and reliable to be honest.

Guest Ernoke
I can confirm that Facebook FC's as this is the reason I rolled back to EleganceSwift Data <-> System.

whats this EleganceSwift ?

Guest Matthew Ferguson

The Facebook FC on the new version (1.5.3) is a Facebook app issue, it happens on stock CM7 as well, so it's not an issue of this ROM. It FCes on Messages.

Guest Mavamaarten

Hey guys, I have a question.

I have flashed Swiftdroid v1.8 a few days ago, but now I see there's a more recent version. How do I install this ?

I already tried to unzip the "recovery" version and rename the zip file in there to update.zip and moved to SD card. It installed fine in recovery (3.0.1.9) but it freezed at the SwiftDroid logo (for more than 20 minutes) so I reflashed the v1.8 zip again (which luckily worked). How do I flash the new swiftdroid using recovery ? (I prefer recovery because it's simple and no need to screw arround with drivers and stuff)

Guest Quinny898
Ive just installed v2.0 and it fixed the issue mentioned above.

Edit: No, it didnt :) it became better but still disconnects sometimes.

|Is the setting in wifi settings>Menu>advanced>Wifi sleep policy never?

There's a new boot.img with a new kernel (#300)

Fastboot Flashing:
fastboot.exe erase boot
fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img[/codebox]

Download:

boot.rar

Changelog:

Speed improvements

New kernel

Edited by Quinny898

Guest Mavamaarten

Sorry to tell you, but I'm reverting to v1.8.

I upgraded to 2.0 a few days ago and it's slow as badword. Also most of the time I have like 30 mb ram free.

Luckily 1.8 made everything work like a charm (now redownloading the zip)

Is it possible to use a 3rd party launcher with cm7, LauncherPro, GO Launcher etc, Because i manage to install ok but can't seem to find a way to select/change from the stock launcher?

Also anyone have a bug when the phone is powered on, it take's a min or 2 for sim card to work?

I'm using GO Launcher with CM7 v1.9. Works fine. First time I hit the 'Home' button after installing GO Launcher it asked me which launcher to use. I just selected GO Launcher and ticked the 'default action' option.

You can download Home Switcher type apps from the market to select between launchers (though I haven't tried any of these myself). Can't remember how to do it 'manually' but you could try checking under Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications for the Launcher app and clicking the Clear Defaults button if it's enabled. This might allow you to choose a different launcher next time you hit the Home button. Also have you just tried clicking on the GO Launcher app icon in the app drawer?

K

Guest Mavamaarten

I really don't know why ppl don't like ADW Launcher. It's been my favorite launcher since I got my phone. A gigantic amount of themes is available, which make it look completely different.

It doesn't slow your phone down either like a lot of launchers tend to do.

Anyone got flash working yet ?

I found an article with instructions but the zip to flash is not flashable. It's complaining about some outdated scripts or something... :mellow:

Edited by Mavamaarten

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stephen J. Knill
I really don't know why ppl don't like ADW Launcher. It's been my favorite launcher since I got my phone. A gigantic amount of themes is available, which make it look completely different.

It doesn't slow your phone down either like a lot of launchers tend to do.

Anyone got flash working yet ?

I found an article with instructions but the zip to flash is not flashable. It's complaining about some outdated scripts or something... :P

The scripts are easy for me to modify, send the zip over and I'll update it.

Sadly, Flash will never be truly supported for our devices as the CPU used does not support the functions required in the modern flash. (There are Beta versions of Flash that were capable of running on this device out there... bad they can be almost impossible to find.)

P.S. Yer, ADWLauncher ROCKS!! -- I even got the paid version. (And no... I didn't pirate it... this time... lolz)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Guest wwenigma
Am ? Good Morning :P We already have a version of 2.3.4 Android on GT540 with cyanogenmod which is even better :rolleyes:

Do you really think, if we got factory update, mureik cant able to make a far better custom rom? Kernel, libs and modules come from 2.1, stability, battery, call processing, audio, codecs, power usage problems... we need proper factory update... And dont forget when your battery suddenly die, because phont cant step into suspend mode...

So we need an official update. Please support us!

We Want Android 2.3.4 (official update) for GT540 - Join us!

Edited by wwenigma