Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down&Out

Recovery manager is driving me batty.

12 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I've spent almost two days trying to put a custom rom onto my san francisco, and its driving me mad.

Ive followed the guide here and as soon as i get to the recovery manager section, i load clockwork and then follow by trying to install the firmware from the zip on my sd card, like the video says.

But all i keep getting is "you need to install a custom firmware before i can install a new firmware!"

Any idea what the hell is wrong?

Cheers for reading.

:P

just use fastboot method to flash clockworkmod (fastboot flash recovery clock............img)

fastboot reboot

boot in recovery mode (power + vol- )

install the rom's zip in clockworkmod

that's all

Ive loaded clockwork fine with recovery manager, and it boots into it alright, but i didnt wanna risk killing my phone by doing it manually, thus i wanted to do it through recovery manager.

you have a lot more chance to kill your phone with recovery manager than with the manual method

because recovery manager is heavily in development

anyway it's impossible to kill the blade :P

if one method doesn't work pick up another

To avoid this problem you have, you need to install a recovery first... Just download the 3.0.0.5 recovery img from the sticky thread here and install it via recovery manager... Afterwards you should have a recognised recovery and should be able to install a custom rom!

hope this helps!

To avoid this problem you have, you need to install a recovery first... Just download the 3.0.0.5 recovery img from the sticky thread here and install it via recovery manager... Afterwards you should have a recognised recovery and should be able to install a custom rom!

hope this helps!

I've done that, did it again just in case i had a dodgy version, but i install the img file and i just get a message saying "currently installed recovery: unrecognised"

I've done that, did it again just in case i had a dodgy version, but i install the img file and i just get a message saying "currently installed recovery: unrecognised"

Do you have the newest version of rm installed? Because it has a updated database and therefore might recognise the new recovery version...

Otherwise try an older image like 2.5.1.8. It worked for me...

(attached it)

recovery_clockwork_blade_2.5.1.8.img

you have a lot more chance to kill your phone with recovery manager than with the manual method

because recovery manager is heavily in development

anyway it's impossible to kill the blade :P

if one method doesn't work pick up another

Not particularly true, but yeah bricking using clockwork is pretty unlikely.

Right its now been on the adroid 'flash screen' for well over 10 minutes, i assume by the video somethings gone wrong?

>_<

Right, sorted, booted into clockwork, cleared the cache and factory resetted.

Now booted fine.

Thankyou for all your help.