Eclipse: Hypernova

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

eclipse_title.png

I am proud to announce Eclipse: Hypernova a spin off of the award winning shoot-em-up Eclipse: First Wave which was released for both Windows Mobile and Neonode N1.

Eclipse: Hypernova has you in control of an out of control speeding ship destroying waves of enemies and avoiding scenery while collecting 'power-ups' and 'power-downs'.

Features:

Randomly generated 'zones' within an infintely long game.

Constant speed increase (with speed power-down to collect if the action gets a little too quick) making the game tougher the further you go.

Power Ups to increase weapon effectiveness.

Many different enemies including 'mini-bosses'

Changes of scenery as you complete each zone.

30fps gameplay.

Multi-layer parallax scrolling.

Local and online highscores.

...and more

Eclipse: Hypernova is exclusive to Windows Phone and is due for release first half 2011.

Please note: as this game is classed as 'in-development', features and or art may be subject to change.

Edited by midnight

Guest midnight
Cant wait, I loved original Eclipse on my E120 and C550 and I miss it now I have upgraded and if its as good as the original then i'm sold

`

Well this isnt exactly the same as the original as the original was in the same vein as R-Type. This isnt Eclipse 2, its a spin-off.

There is one infinitely long level that is randomly generated (it uses a random seed so it is the same every time you play it however), and as you play the game gets faster and faster and throws more and more enemies at you. This is then split into Zones, this is quite simply a small break in the action to update you on your score etc. as there will be no interface on screen as you play. Its more about getting a high score rather than completeing levels, think of it as the shooter equivelant of Robot Unicorn Attack. There is more to the game than that but dont want to reveal everything just yet :D

Eclispe: Hypernova will however keep the same style as Eclipse: First Wave just brought up to date with some nice effects and it runs at 800 x 480 of course and its currently a steady 30fps.

Controls will also differ from the original to cater more for touch screens. You can touch anywhere on the screen and when you drag the ship moves the same. This means you can drag your finger around without obstructing the ship and no clumsy on screen direction arrows.

I'll keep this topic updated with new screenshots over the coming weeks, and before release I will add a video of the gameplay.

Guest midnight
Wha? I thought you died, Midnight! Glad to see you're still alive and working on new stuff! :D

Still very much alive :D

Hopefully this is just the start, got lots of things planned.

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi again, can I make a small request please?

I have a TG01 which has no buttons or dpad, could you please make this game playable without buttons? I have tried a number of similar games but they rely on using buttons which makes them unusable on the TG01.

Thanks again Midnight and welcome back

Guest midnight
Hi again, can I make a small request please?

I have a TG01 which has no buttons or dpad, could you please make this game playable without buttons? I have tried a number of similar games but they rely on using buttons which makes them unusable on the TG01.

Thanks again Midnight and welcome back

Well, this game is for Windows Phone, and so isnt compatible with Windows Mobile (and it uses touchscreen only, no buttons).

In fact, tahts a good point, MoDaCo does now seem rather confusing as Windows Mobile and Windows Phone seems to have merged yet they are two completely different OS's

Guest awarner

There is a Windows Mobile and Windows section but they are on the same index page.

It would need a redesign to split it up but we also need to get the user base up and running again.

Guest The Real Mc Coy
Well, this game is for Windows Phone, and so isnt compatible with Windows Mobile (and it uses touchscreen only, no buttons).

In fact, tahts a good point, MoDaCo does now seem rather confusing as Windows Mobile and Windows Phone seems to have merged yet they are two completely different OS's

Windows Phone = Windows Mobile 6.5 and up... so TG01 is on Windows Phone...

But since WP7 the confusion exists... So this game will only exists on WP7 ???

well it feels so good when we see some developments for windows phone, now a days what i saw , many companies are just concentrating on android or iphone .

no one is really looking into windows phpne.

i dont know why??

well thansk its good news

Guest midnight
Windows Phone = Windows Mobile 6.5 and up... so TG01 is on Windows Phone...

But since WP7 the confusion exists... So this game will only exists on WP7 ???

That is correct, wp7 only I'm afraid

I'll have a few screenshots available sometime this weekend.

Guest midnight
Nice and my favourite weapon powerup shown as well :-)

The weapons from Eclipse: First Wave pretty much remain, there are slight differences though, and a few new weapons thrown in for good measure. The next screens I show will show off some new weapons including a 'charge' weapon.

• 2 months later...
Guest midnight

Just a quick update...

I'm working on the new website over the weekend so I'll post when that is available, it will have some new screenshots on there along with some other news.

I will also be setting up twitter and Facebook accounts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Just upgraded to Windows Phone 7 and cant wait for the release

If you need a beta tester then let me know :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest midnight

is first half 2011 almost over?

There were a few delays due to App Hub registration (all sorted now as of yesterday) so not quite there yet, but new laptop coming in the next few days which should speed along the process and depending on when the game is finished it may be Mango ready at launch. There are actually 2 games currently in development using variations on the same game engine but I'm not quite ready to announce the other game just yet :)

Guest midnight

Seeing as how its looking more and more likely that we'll be seeing full Mango rollout August/September then it's looking likely that Eclipse will have Mango features right out of the gate including live tile support (more on that another time) and fast resume.

Guest midnight

Interestingly, Mango appears to have removed the 30fps maximum refresh rate, or rather, increased the maximum to 60fps, which is smooooooth. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.