Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 slow on Blade, tweaks or suggest faster ROM?

Guest King Mustard

Guest King Mustard

I installed Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 a few weeks ago on my dad's ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) but it's not very quick.

Wi-Fi seems slow (Wi-Fi is not slow on any other device in the house) and Angry Birds, for example, is rather choppy.

Can anyone suggest ways to improve performance, or perhaps suggest a ROM designed for speed?

Edited by King Mustard

Guest richardtkemp

JJ9 is considered to be a fast rom. Consider the hw_ui addon and the ahb overclocking addon found in the JJ thread to increase speed, read through there or use the search to find out what they do. Also consider overclocking with SetCPU.

Otherwise, there should be a mostly working version of CyanogenMod available for the Blade quite soon, which is heavily optimised, this may do what you want.

Other than that, consider that real computers will always be faster than a handheld... unless by other devices you actually mean handhelds?

All the best

Guest King Mustard
JJ9 is considered to be a fast rom. Consider the hw_ui addon and the ahb overclocking addon found in the JJ thread to increase speed, read through there or use the search to find out what they do. Also consider overclocking with SetCPU.

Otherwise, there should be a mostly working version of CyanogenMod available for the Blade quite soon, which is heavily optimised, this may do what you want.

Other than that, consider that real computers will always be faster than a handheld... unless by other devices you actually mean handhelds?

All the best

I've installed Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip which I believe has allowed me to use SetCPU to overclock the CPU.

However, is there a free alternative to SetCPU (which costs £1.24)?

I've installed Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip which I believe has allowed me to use SetCPU to overclock the CPU.

However, is there a free alternative to SetCPU (which costs £1.24)?

Search the market for Overclock widget, CPUBoostLite or CPU Master

All free.

Guest IronDoc

SetCPU is free on XDA. AHB overclocking is seperate from CPU. The normal ROM has CPU overclocking, that addon OCs the AHB when the CPU goes over 600.

Oh and wrt to angry birds, I've always had to allow a couple of seconds for the graphics to smooth out with any ROM I've used. A couple have said this is better in CM7 though.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest Stevvie
Some users reported that FLB Froyo is faster/more battery friendly than JJ, you can try that too.

I run FLB-Froyo G2 on my android and both my daughter and wife run jellyfish and I can tell you that FLB-Froyo G2 feels much snappier and less laggy. I notice this more when doing something for them on thier phones.

Guest Blues003

I have personally used both, and only now feel the FLB 8a is starting to compensate. I find them both equally good. FLB just has the advantage of having a continued support (while JJ RLS9's development has stopped).