• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Using Modaco's 2.1 R4, want to go up to 2.2

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

maybe this question was already answered somewhere in this forum, I search for it but didn't got any luck.

I'm using 2.1 (Modaco R4) and I want to update to version 2.2 (still looking for the "better" version, still deciding between, Modaco R12, Seb de-crossed R0.2 and FLB r8a).

My major concern is about all the application that I've got installed (most of them in the ext2 partition).

Contacts and calendar I can get from Google using the sync.

Pictures, music, movies and documents are store in the SD.

I already used clockwork and created a fullbackup.

Then I will install the selected version using clockwork and then.... well, that is were my questions start.

- Since the backup is done using different android versions, will it restore correctly?

- What can I restore without ruining the new installation?

- Can I get the installed apks and reinstalled them so that I don't have to get everything from the market?

Thanks ahead for all the replies,

L. Pinho

Edited by lpinho

Posted

Look at the poll here which is essentially the same as yours;

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-are-you-using/

Also there are plenty of other threads about, but I get the gist that you cant restore much from a 2.1 install into a 2.2 install unless you like getting lots of force closes, its safer to start again.

Posted

Do you know if it's possible to recover all the apk´s? I know that some versions of some application/games don't work very well and I don't want to install the latest version (ex: Homerun 3D)

Posted

Titanium Backup. This same question has now been asked so often...

Posted

Titanium Backup. This same question has now been asked so often...

Sorry for that, I know that there are two main ways of backing up, clockwork and titanium backup, but I never tried it backup with version 2.1 and restore with version 2.2.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Posted

did the same on my old magic, 1.6 -> 2.1 -> 2.2

and worked well with my san fran, from 2.1 -> 2.2

just titanium backup the user apps not the system apps and restore on new rom.

backing up and restoring system apps causes no end of force close issues.

with that me the only issue i had is having to set up he system settings. even when using launcherpro/adwlauncher the home screen is restored as before

Posted (edited)

did the same on my old magic, 1.6 -> 2.1 -> 2.2

and worked well with my san fran, from 2.1 -> 2.2

just titanium backup the user apps not the system apps and restore on new rom.

backing up and restoring system apps causes no end of force close issues.

with that me the only issue i had is having to set up he system settings. even when using launcherpro/adwlauncher the home screen is restored as before

Were you able get all your application settings back?

Even those installed in a ext2 partition?

Thanks for reply!!

Edited by lpinho