[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.0.0-RC1 (02/16/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drunkenfcuk
Holy fock! :) Just bought ADW EX to test (my wife had it for a long time, I have always been the LP Plus guy because of the widgets and the scrollable docks) and I thought I just upgraded my CPU, this is SOOO FAST! I have never seen such a speed on any blade in launching apps, changing between apps, starting the drawer, swiping between screens. :) Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Searching widgets to replace the LP+ ones :D I never thought I'd switch, but there you go.

I have tried ADW Ex and Launcher Pro. Overally, I probably prefer ADW for speed and the extent to which it can be customised. But you mention widgets there, and that's the deal breaker for me. The Launcher Pro calendar widget is just awesome. I've tried a few calendar widgets from the market, but nothing comes even remotely close to matching it. If ADW had a similar calendar widget, it would be my launcher of choice :D

Guest IronDoc
I have tried ADW Ex and Launcher Pro. Overally, I probably prefer ADW for speed and the extent to which it can be customised. But you mention widgets there, and that's the deal breaker for me. The Launcher Pro calendar widget is just awesome. I've tried a few calendar widgets from the market, but nothing comes even remotely close to matching it. If ADW had a similar calendar widget, it would be my launcher of choice :D

If you're looking for an agenda widget, I recommend this. Very customizable once you work out all the options.

Guest Rotmann
Umm... thanks but I am using said workaround. In fact if you spent some time looking closer at *my* post instead of accusing me of not reading posts then you'd see me comment on its battery usage which somewhat implies I'm aware of the solution. :D

I was replying as to the feasibility of an alternate suggestion for ending a call.

I have looked at your post "It may end the call but does it bring the screen back up? Not tried. Even if it does - it doesn't make my answer phone work I'd then just have the choice of hanging up or listening to options I can't press. You're also stuck I guess if the other person hangs up first." All of these problems are solved with the trick "Just shake" workaround.

For all those wanting A2SD using ext partition on SD, can use Darktremor zip:

I did install a modded version supposedly tailored for CM7.

Also the knowledgeable dude over at XDA recommends installing with a clockwork rec ver 2.x.x.x

New clockwork ver 3.0.0.6 may work ok, though>>

Working ok for me with clockwork 3.0.0.5 and latest Darktremors stable

Why do you try the complicated way when you have s2e (simple2ext) in the market? Put a primary ext3 partition on your card, install simple2ext, tell it what to move to your card (cache, dalvik possible too) and that's it. This has been developed specially for CM7.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest targetbsp
I have looked at your post "It may end the call but does it bring the screen back up? Not tried. Even if it does - it doesn't make my answer phone work I'd then just have the choice of hanging up or listening to options I can't press. You're also stuck I guess if the other person hangs up first." All of these problems are solved with the trick "Just shake" workaround.

Yes but you didn't read WHY i was saying that. Look at the post it's in response to. You took my post out of context - i was explaining why the previous post doesn't solve the problem - I wasn't complaining about the problem. If you're gonna go to the trouble of complaining about people not reading - make sure you read properly first. :D

Guest drunkenfcuk
If you're looking for an agenda widget, I recommend this. Very customizable once you work out all the options.

Got that downloaded. Think that might do the trick. You're not wrong about the options :D Not the most intuitive, but I'll work it all out. Thanks for the suggestion

Guest Luke2642

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I was getting Status 7 asserts failed attempting to install RC1 using clockwork recovery 3.0.0.5 - it didn't seem to think my device parameters == "blade". It didn't make any difference whether I had script asserts enabled or disabled or signing on or off. Obviously I checked the zip md5 matched fine.

I updated to clockwork recovery 3.0.0.6 and it installed fine.

Guest Rotmann
love this rom but I cant get the screen to wake up when im in a call something to do with the sensor i think ..

Sheesh, don't you bother reading a few posts above you or on the official bug tracker?? Or the last page? The workaround has been posted many times, look again. Tip: "just shake free"

Question: has anyone succeeded to calibrate the auto light sensor? Tried in the CM Settings menu a lot of stuff, couldn't make it.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest jurrasstoil

[searched the whole thread]

Anyone else having this problem:

• Sometimes you have to press the power button more than once to wake up or get it to sleep? If i have to press it more than once to make it sleep it pops up the lockscreen instantly after going to sleep like the power button actions got queued up.
  • Touchscreen stops responding randomly (mostly while dragging as far as i've observed). Sleep -> wake up fixes it tho.

Guest leetron1
Why do you try the complicated way when you have s2e (simple2ext) in the market? Put a primary ext3 partition on your card, install simple2ext, tell it what to move to your card (cache, dalvik possible too) and that's it. This has been developed specially for CM7.

A2SD is a fit and forget default storage system...plus there are some issues with using ext3 in terms of sd card wear and poss slower performance...

No pfaffing with what goes and what stays..surely LESS complicated? You've got to set up an ext partition whichever you choose...

Edited by leetron1

Guest Andymac1969

Hi, I have installed this ROM from Modaco R12 and it seems ok, but my main concern is R12 was faultless for me, this one seems very good with all the options etc, but my screen keeps stopping working, I can touch and swipe, and then it just stops responding, the three buttons below the screen keep working though. In the end I have to pull the battery out, any ideas?

Andrew :D

Guest Frankish
Hi, I have installed this ROM from Modaco R12 and it seems ok, but my main concern is R12 was faultless for me, this one seems very good with all the options etc, but my screen keeps stopping working, I can touch and swipe, and then it just stops responding, the three buttons below the screen keep working though. In the end I have to pull the battery out, any ideas?

Andrew :D

It's very early in development give it time. Power off screen and back on usually fixes that problem though.

Guest Rotmann
A2SD is a fit and forget default storage system...plus there are some issues with using ext3 in terms of sd card wear and poss slower performance...

No pfaffing with what goes and what stays..surely LESS complicated? You've got to set up an ext partition whichever you choose...

s2e is just like a2sd, you put it once, select what you want it to move and you forget about it. Just that it is a normal app, no need to flash things. About performance ext2 vs. ext3 on Android, I can't tell you anything about it. All I know is that on 2.1 my ext2 partitions kept getting corrupted once in 3-4 weeks and all my apps were gone, I had to restore everything every time this happened :D

Edited by Rotmann

Anybody else having a problem that screen stays black after you have called somebody? I can't even get the "end call" buttons on the screen. it just stays black and i can hear everything still through the speaker? I need to remove battery after that. It's quite annoying..

Guest fonix232
s2e is just like a2sd, you put it once, select what you want it to move and you forget about it. Just that it is a normal app, no need to flash things. About performance ext2 vs. ext3 on Android, I can't tell you anything about it. All I know is that on 2.1 my ext2 partitions kept getting corrupted once in 3-4 weeks and all my apps were gone, I had to restore everything every time this happened :D

You're formatting it wrong.

The main problem of Ext3 is the journaling. It's not only writing the files themselves, but the journal too, raising the risk of corruption of the card.

Ext4 would be the most ideal solution.

Also, anyone idea about when the Ext4 formatted data-system partitions will come in CM? I heard that the official Gingerbread updates coming in the future will do the formatting automagically!

Guest leetron1

I'm sorry but if you can set up an ext partition you'll have no issues with flashing a small zip file...no need to open s2e when I install an new app and decide where it should go.

How can it be any simpler...never had corrupted SD, touch wood...maybe you should try a more reputable SD card?

above posts about filesystems sound wrong. Ext2 has no journalling, Ext3 and Ext4 have journalling (unless disabled!)

Journalling increases reliability by allowing recovery after crashes or power loss but also increases writes hence some say Ext2 is preferable on Flash memory..

not sure what the options are on Android yet though.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest targetbsp
Still need blade wifi fix tho ie. wifi is dead after sleep.

Same here. I'd kinda got used to the Froyos being fixed to reconnect most of the time out of sleep. Hopefully we'll get the same fix here at some point. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mvheuver
Anybody else having a problem that screen stays black after you have called somebody? I can't even get the "end call" buttons on the screen. it just stays black and i can hear everything still through the speaker? I need to remove battery after that. It's quite annoying..

I haven't said anything in this whole thread (following it though) but mate, do yourself a favour and READ what is being said here. For goodness sake, how many times do we have to go over this? You describe bug #1, it's well-known by now.

No offence, but perhaps some mods should start banning people asking stupid questions :D

Guest leetron1

Hi..anyone got Tasker set up to enable shake free when a call is answered or made..

Am sure its a wonderful app but can't for the life of me figure out the set up..should be simple enough?

Don't want to keep Shake enabled cos I think it prevents handset sleep=battery hammer!!

Edited by leetron1

Guest drunkenfcuk

Have you read ANY of the posts here?