[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.0.0-RC1 (02/16/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest targetbsp

Just Shake isn't a 3rd party app supported by Tasker? It can be used to load apps in response to events but it can't interact with it (such as changing the options between enabled and disabled) unless it's a supported app.

Hmm... it can also kills tasks though I see. So you could have the app set to enabled. Load it when the phone is offhook, then on the exit task, wait a minute or so (allowing you time to shake) then kill it. I'll have a play with that later. :D

In fact... you could just record the process of moving the phone from your ear to in front of you as an accelerometer gesture in tasker and cause that to turn the screen on perhaps? Definately gonna play with that later. :D

Edited by targetbsp

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drunkenfcuk
I haven't said anything in this whole thread (following it though) but mate, do yourself a favour and READ what is being said here. For goodness sake, how many times do we have to go over this? You describe bug #1, it's well-known by now.

No offence, but perhaps some mods should start banning people asking stupid questions :D

Couldn't agree more. Is it any wonder noobs get a bad rep? Sheer laziness if you ask me.

Guest Totyasrác
[*]Sometimes you have to press the power button more than once to wake up or get it to sleep? If i have to press it more than once to make it sleep it pops up the lockscreen instantly after going to sleep like the power button actions got queued up.

Try waking up with Menu button - it works!!!

(I mean whenever it'd wake up with power button it'll wake up with Menu also :D)

Guest leetron1
Just Shake isn't a 3rd party app supported by Tasker? It can be used to load apps in response to events but it can't interact with it (such as changing the options between enabled and disabled) unless it's a supported app.

Thanks for that...seems pretty clear....hopefully RC2 is hovering in the wings anyhow.

Guest 90180360
Sheer laziness if you ask me.

Do you really expect that everybody reads all of the 27 pages?!

Maybe the OP should update the first post, that's the main problem here!!

Guest robinhud2010
. Install CWM 3.0.0.5. through fastboot. Also format system after wiping.

Sorry for being a noob but, is it possible to flash this Rom manually through ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.6 installed via Sebastian's RecoveryManager v0.34b?

And how to "format system after wiping" ? Isn't wiping data and wiping cache enough?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Main problem is retards not using search properly.

Guest Totyasrác

I do, actually... It's not 200 pages... If you need info, you can definitely read 27 pages, or - being lazier - just use the f...ing search function.

That's my point though, representing only my thoughts on this.

Guest philmein
Sorry for being a noob but, is it possible to flash this Rom manually through ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.6 installed via Sebastian's RecoveryManager v0.34b?

And how to "format system after wiping" ? Isn't wiping data and wiping cache enough?

Any help would be appreciated :D

clockworkmod mounts then format system

Guest Simon O

The problem is that this thread has run it's course and should be locked IMHO. Already in the space of two days it's turn into a thread full of the same old questions being asked again and again and general bad feeling against users for not searching.

All bug reports must be reported onto the issue tracker here

If a bug is fixed then it'll be mentioned in the relevant bug report and a link to the gerrit review.

Finally if anybody can make fixes that work (and I don't mean by installing replacement apps) then please consider submitting these through gerrit. Guide for this: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Howto:_Gerrit

Guest targetbsp
Thanks for that...seems pretty clear....hopefully RC2 is hovering in the wings anyhow.

After your reply, I edited my post with some ideas on what we might be able to do with tasker though. :D

I didn;t realise the replies were piling up below me lol. So here's some thoughts:

Hmm... it can also kills tasks though I see. So you could have the app set to enabled. Load it when the phone is offhook, then on the exit task, wait a minute or so (allowing you time to shake) then kill it. I'll have a play with that later.

In fact... you could just record the process of moving the phone from your ear to in front of you as an accelerometer gesture in tasker and cause that to turn the screen on perhaps? Definately gonna play with that later.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest lastseptember

when going to buy ZTE Blade actively read this thread. Actually just because of what was needed infa about it. But now we have no power to read because there staged chatik filled with stupid obvious question, but worst of all stupid questions are repeated several times. I do not mind stupid questions, because not all people long familiar with androedami and not everyone likes to shovel forums, but they ask them because they can not in this whole, sorry, the trash to find answers without asking stupid. Maybe we should trade more often to clean? Or as a systematized? Output has to be some kind of something? For I am pleased to read the bug reports of some participants. But I can not look for them among the useless posts because there is so much free time. Let us have to bear the FAQ for Blade or not to s*** in threads. Be considerate and indulgent to busy people!

sory for my english..

Guest Salsaholic
Main problem is retards not using search properly.

Well, if there was a thread search here... but reading would really help.

It would be nice if Jacob could update the first post with a link to the bug tracker in very clear words. But I see he is working on the most pressing issues now, so we should probably be happy he is focussing on that, and not on this thread here :D

And now back to topic...

Guest ololizoz

We really can't blame the noobs posting the same questiong all the time - the thread is pretty messy. And sometimes the search function just doesn't work. Search is useless if you don't use the right words. Time for a bug list or better, FAQ? (For CyanogenMod ofc). Samdroid.NET uses a really smart system. There is 2 threads per "release". One development thread for developers and the release itself. Then there is always a discussion thread, for regular users. And very often the 1st post of the discussion thread have got a bug list, things not working. Worth a tought?

Guest Simon O
We really can't blame the noobs posting the same questiong all the time - the thread is pretty messy. And sometimes the search function just doesn't work. Search is useless if you don't use the right words. Time for a bug list or better, FAQ? (For CyanogenMod ofc). Samdroid.NET uses a really smart system. There is 2 threads per "release". One development thread for developers and the release itself. Then there is always a discussion thread, for regular users. And very often the 1st post of the discussion thread have got a bug list, things not working. Worth a tought?

We already have forums for the rom over at cyanogenmod. That is where the main discussions will take place.

The problem is that this thread has run it's course and should be locked IMHO. Already in the space of two days it's turn into a thread full of the same old questions being asked again and again and general bad feeling against users for not searching.

All bug reports must be reported onto the issue tracker here

If a bug is fixed then it'll be mentioned in the relevant bug report and a link to the gerrit review.

Finally if anybody can make fixes that work (and I don't mean by installing replacement apps) then please consider submitting these through gerrit. Guide for this: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Howto:_Gerrit

I agree totally - this thread has got out of hand, People should read the previous pages and if they find something that "needs discussing" start a new thread

otherwise report issues using the issue tracker which is listed above this.

I'll close it for now and hopefully people will read that post of flibblesan as it's the last post here

I also edited the 1st post and put a link to the bug tracker on it

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE READ THE 1ST POST and if they have any issues PLEASE READ THE 1ST POST AGAIN - and if you are having problems such as having no market - PLEASE READ THE 1ST POST - instead of complaining that you have no market