[THEMES] CyanogenMOD 7

Guest Rotmann

Guest Simon O

Not that I know of. BTW if anyone makes any themes by modifying framework files then this won't be supported by anybody working on the CM7 port. The framework-res.apk should never be modified by themers with this new theme engine and since the rom is still in heavy development it is highly likely that any theme you install consisting of a modified framework-res.apk will stop working when a new RC or nightly ROM is released.

Not trying to be a killjoy here, just trying to prevent problems in the long run and also give the themers less of a hard time.

I must be the only person in the world who hates that honeybread theme...urgh. :D

I'll taking another look at making my theme compatible...#time consuming.

I'll help if I can - I discovered yesterday while "playing" that UOT kitchen works to modify the battery icons

but I cannot for the life of me find there the status bar icons are, I've looked in every folder in the framework-res.apk file and they are not in there.

I was trying to change the icons for wifi, gsm and 3g signals but failed so far

The framework does need re-signing though after using the UOT kitchen, the platform keys off this site work (not sure if they are the right/preferred keys for this framework though)

So - anyone know where the icons for things like signal bars/gps/wifi are held in this rom?

On a different note - anyone got any idea how to get this t-mobile theme thing for CM roms working?

Guest Rotmann
On a different note - anyone got any idea how to get this t-mobile theme thing for CM roms working?

:D ähm... it works, running honeybread for 16 hours now, fine design, no problems. Follow the guide.

Are there any guides to make .apk themes for CM7?

Look here.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest targetbsp

There's a blue theme with a battery circle featured here: http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-hacking-m...eme-system.html

Found by alex1alex2alex3alex4

I have to say I prefer the stock theme but I find the battery percentage so useful to have that I am using it until there's an alternative.

There was a stock battery circle mod theme I found on XDA using a search suggested by Rottman but unfortunately it didn't support the Blades screen resolution. There were also several mods and the option of making your own in UOT which are routes I didn't really want to go down for the reasons outlined by flibblesan

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

That Rover one looks nice but it doesn't use the theme engine and I'm betting a framework from nightly build 28, nearly 2 weeks ago, would be bad to put on RC1! :D

Thanks for that I'll check it out now

edit: had a quick look and some of their labelling formats are a bit confusing

Anyone know that these actually refer to?

stat_sys_signal_2.png

stat_sys_signal_2_fully.png

I'm assuming one of them is the gsm signal level and one the 3G level? if so anyone know which is which?

Guest Cazomino05
That Rover one looks nice but it doesn't use the theme engine and I'm betting a framework from nightly build 28, nearly 2 weeks ago, would be bad to put on RC1! :D

Oddly it worked I did a backup and flashed the attachment build 28 was an old build and it booted fine. A lot of it didn't update though like my wireless icon is showing as previous theme same for network usage, 2G works, circle battery works, the lock screen works and has an updated animation :D, new icons in the notification bar work, the new in call UI is nice and progress bars seemed to have updated just backup first if you want to try it will report more bugs later

LOVE the new animations for windows etc

EDIT:

he's updated it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=11433030

theme chooser version of rover

Edited by Cazomino05

Guest Frankish
Thanks for that I'll check it out now

edit: had a quick look and some of their labelling formats are a bit confusing

Anyone know that these actually refer to?

stat_sys_signal_2.png

stat_sys_signal_2_fully.png

I'm assuming one of them is the gsm signal level and one the 3G level? if so anyone know which is which?

The FULLY tag means it's connected to google services. Notice if you disable data your signal bars are all grey and wifi etc? When connected to google services they turn green.

I haven't had a chance to poke around much, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm just getting to grips after installing ubuntu and am kind of glad to have another use for it with the tmobile theme engine!

I can't wait to see what we can come up with here ourselves and finding good themes done by others for CM7.

Guest Frankish
I haven't had a chance to poke around much, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm just getting to grips after installing ubuntu and am kind of glad to have another use for it with the tmobile theme engine!

I can't wait to see what we can come up with here ourselves and finding good themes done by others for CM7.

I for one will be leaving the theming of CM7 to others. I simply do not have the time or energy to rename that many files :D

The FULLY tag means it's connected to google services. Notice if you disable data your signal bars are all grey and wifi etc? When connected to google services they turn green.

Good spot!

I for one will be leaving the theming of CM7 to others. I simply do not have the time or energy to rename that many files :D

I wonder if it can be automated in any way, because truthfully I don't have the patience for that crapola either :D

Guest targetbsp
EDIT:

he's updated it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=11433030

theme chooser version of rover

Good spot! I'm gonna give that a go. :D

[edit]

I like it! The battery circle somehow seems a bit blurry but the colour scheme is at least in line with my launcher and toggle switches! It'll do me until I find a basic gingerbread battery circle theme.

[edit2]

There's a stock gingerbread theme here with battery percentage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...p;highlight=cm7

It complains during install about 'missing assets'. As far as I can tell - that's a wallpaper it's complaining about as it comes up black. The rest seems to work fine. And I have my own wallpaper anyhow. :D

[edit3]

The above site includes a link to a template theme for the theming engine: https://github.com/haxzamatic/Templatebread-

I don't know if that's useful to anyone here?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest vareBlade
I wonder if it can be automated in any way, because truthfully I don't have the patience for that crapola either :D

There are many renaming softwares out there and im pretty sure they can do it automated.

Guest targetbsp

It's worth noting that applying a theme breaks Autostarts. To use autostarts, you have to switch back to the default theme, make your changes, then you can change back to your theme.