modaco is a great site but not very optimized for mobile viewing.

Guest rferrett

Guest rferrett

Been using the xda android app for that site and I really wish there was some sort of am equivalent for us.

It is kinda ironic that a site about mobiles is so badly optimized for mobile viewing!

Still love it mind! :D

Guest rferrett

I have a desire.... hmmm... I find it impossible to see the body of someones post and who posted it at the same time. Fine on my Vega but a pain in the arse on my desire. You using the stock browser?

Lo first version helps, but frankly tapatalk for MoDaCo would be sweet as a nut!

Guest AndiTails

I spoke with Paul about Tapatalk a few months ago as I have it installed on the forums I run.

With all the modifications and multiple boards Paul runs, it's not simple to setup Tapatalk - but I believe there's a new version of the site in the pipeline, which will include a lot better mobile support.

As a forum admin myself, I stand by Paul and let him get round to doing it in his own time, as upgrading is always a LOT of work, and normally coupled with a torrade of complaints and unhelpful comments (though a lot of good stuff too) from people who don't really get the amount of work involved.

I upgraded my forum software a couple of weekends ago.

It took 14 hours straight from end to end (to have the site back open, stable, and users posting as before) on my 18,000 user, 1,500,000 post forum. And that was 2 of us working together (the power of Skype!) and without the complexities of this multi-section, multi-subdomain site that Paul runs (although it is the same software - I was coming from a different forum software to this one).

Anyway, just my 2p. And massively off-topic! (Mods' self!)

:D