CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest t0mm13b

Hmmm... Interesting.... anyone can confirm in the nightly 12, that the CyanogenMod statistics is running at regular intervals?

D/NetworkRequestUtil/ConstructEventRequestPath( 1876): /__utm.gif?utmwv=4.5ma&utmn=1006157766&utmt=event&utme=5(App*Launch*27202)(0)8(1!Model*2!Manufacturer*3!Brand)9(1!Blade*2!ZTE*3!ZTE)11(1!2*2!2*3!2)&utmcs=UTF-8&utmsr=480x800&utmul=en-IE

&utmac=UA-3238528-9&utmcc=__utma%3D999.1775148740.1297507816.1299178847.12992602

W/googleanalytics( 1876): Problem with socket or streams.

W/googleanalytics( 1876): java.net.SocketException: Host is unresolved: www.google-analytics.com

I get this every 30 seconds or so... anyone know how to decrease this?

Guest lordofangels

nightly 13 is out

ooh, profiles are new

recalibrating battery to see if any better.

A few nice little changes here and there.

Well done to the Dev's

Edited by lordofangels

Guest The Soup Thief

N13 downloading - will have it installed in a jiffy

looks like we'll be waiting a Little longer for RC2

EDIT - didn't wipe cache or settings. Booted fine - sofa so good...

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
EDIT - didn't wipe cache or settings. Booted fine - sofa so good...

Didn't expect any different ;-)

Battery down 2% since I flashed 35 minutes ago, and it seemed to drain more battery (9%)

during flash & boot than before, so ... let's see how this evolves.

Guest andyks

Just flashed N13 and 5MP camera is now working with colours! But can't get any autofocus? Is autofocus working with 3.2MP camera?

Battery seems to drain fast. Flashed 2hours ago and done only automatic apps installations and tested camera for about 5-10minutes, and already lost 20%. No wifi or GPS enabled, only using 3G data.

Guest The Soup Thief
Just flashed N13 and 5MP camera is now working with colours! But can't get any autofocus? Is autofocus working with 3.2MP camera?

Battery seems to drain fast. Flashed 2hours ago and done only automatic apps installations and tested camera for about 5-10minutes, and already lost 20%. No wifi or GPS enabled, only using 3G data.

Autofocus ok with 3.2mp camera

Busy day today. Did a full charge and wiping battery stats - will see how it lasts the day with no use and report back this evening

EDIT - couldn't resist - made a quick call to see what's going on with the proximity sensor

At the end of the call the screen remained blank - waved thumb over the sensor and it immediately woke. More responsive than with N12 and Saturday's fixed kernal

Not perfect (didn't come straight back to life) but worlds better

I was having a worse time with this than many were so I wouldn't advise you to take my word for it entirely - others please report back

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest The Soup Thief
Are audio profiles in n13? Bit like Nokia 'silent' 'Meeting' etc?

Cerainly are!

Can't see if they have timing triggers though - must dash

Will check another time

See above edit re proximity sensor

Guest Comas

All DEV know what is the priority, the problem is not well resolved from one moment to the other, this need to test, rectify and much more.

It was supposed to help, instead of criticize? if you do not know how to solve a problem stay tuned, or back it up a little and give feedback, just dont say what should be done.

Ejoy this rom.

Guest Frankish
I hope it gets Maximum priority. :(

I wonder how the Release Candidate from Missus Frankish's womb is going. That's what you get from a Nightly adventure 9 months ago! :(

This is hilarious! I'm sat on a bus on way to hospital and actually lol'ed got funny looks :-)

My battery lasted around 12 hours from 100 down to 30 yesterday. Lots of use, phone calls, score updates (get in Liverpool!) And texting non stop. This for me is an improvement. No doubt.

Off topic now, baby took less than 12 hours start to finish. She is perfect and healthy, mother doing fantastic. Anyone wishing to comment or congratulate can you please do so in a new thread so we don't clutter this one with more off topic :-)

I feel like I'm floating...bus needs to hurry up :)

Guest Ciels

Music switching fixed, phone calling seems better, power management looks easier on the eyes, profiles (Need more details about these settings)

What else?

Guest Roxxor91
Is proximity sensor fixed? That's all I need to upgrade from N8

Do a backup and test it :(

If it isnt fixed restore your N8 installation :(

Guest Lew247

I don't have this installed at the moment, but those that are having battery drain problems might like to read this

http://www.neowin.net/news/google-looking-...mobile-data-bug

Aparently there is a bug in 2.3.3 where the phone refuses to let go of their 3G data signal, with the 3G icon appearing even when the handset is connected to a WiFi base station

Guest Scoopading
I don't have this installed at the moment, but those that are having battery drain problems might like to read this

http://www.neowin.net/news/google-looking-...mobile-data-bug

Aparently there is a bug in 2.3.3 where the phone refuses to let go of their 3G data signal, with the 3G icon appearing even when the handset is connected to a WiFi base station

I've not only disabled 3G (I connect with a MIFI if I need data) I've removed my APN entries, so the phone has no way to connect over 3G. It'll still drain. :(

For those asking, proximity is still an issue. Battery also dropped over 60% in 16 hours of doing nothing. Clearly, even with the recent fix, it seems like nothing but the screen is sleeping properly.

I'll do a final test in airplane mode without a SIM, and try some under-clocking. But this doesn't seem like something which can be solved by things like log monitoring etc. It requires a deeper level of trouble shooting to see what's actually going on at kernel/driver level with the hardware, rather than what the Android OS thinks is happening. Unless someone can make some suggestions for how we could help out there I'm back to a different rom for now.. :(

Guest The Soup Thief
I've not only disabled 3G (I connect with a MIFI if I need data) I've removed my APN entries, so the phone has no way to connect over 3G. It'll still drain. :(

For those asking, proximity is still an issue. Battery also dropped over 60% in 16 hours of doing nothing. Clearly, even with the recent fix, it seems like nothing but the screen is sleeping properly.

I'll do a final test in airplane mode without a SIM, and try some under-clocking. But this doesn't seem like something which can be solved by things like log monitoring etc. It requires a deeper level of trouble shooting to see what's actually going on at kernel/driver level with the hardware, rather than what the Android OS thinks is happening. Unless someone can make some suggestions for how we could help out there I'm back to a different rom for now.. :(

Hi Scoopading - can I check, are you sure this was on N13? You say the battery dropped >60% in 16 hrs - N13 was only released about 6 hours ago

Was this using N12 perhaps?

The link above to the Neowin story is interesting - wonder if this may account for the problem

I'm busy today so can't check it myself, but perhaps someone can keep us posted as to whether this is being discussed on irc or on the cyanogen boards?

BTW, for wellwishers

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
The link above to the Neowin story is interesting - wonder if this may account for the problem

Don't think so, I never had 3G data on so far.

Guest Scoopading
Hi Scoopading - can I check, are you sure this was on N13?
It's actually N11, but with the updated kernel which (I think) made it into N13. The previous kernels are compiled without a flag to enable IDLE mode on the CPU. So people were thinking that it may just be related to that not being set. Unfortunately the standby battery drain seems to be more complex than that though :(