Vega dock 40 quid???

Guest wobblydoggy

Guest wobblydoggy

Have no intention of buying the dock at this price is anyone on here going to pay this I feel like this is a bit of a slap in the face to the Vega community considering the fact they are disregarding our input.

Edited by wobblydoggy

Originally I was quite prepared to buy one (or two as we have 2 vega's) at £29.99 each but I feel they are trying to take the p#%s. Has we and they all know if it was not for the early adoption of Paul and the rest of the Modaco members on here the vega's would have been returned to DSG so fast that they would not have known what to do. So how do they thank us? Well they consult us in the accessories we require and how much we think we would pay for such thing which I could not credit them enough for but then they do this. What do they honestly think this would achieve because now I doubt that I would even buy one unless the price was around £19.99.

Well if they can go up I can go down!

Let's hope that they have plenty of spare shelves on their warehouse.

Guest wobblydoggy
Originally I was quite prepared to buy one (or two as we have 2 vega's) at £29.99 each but I feel they are trying to take the p#%s. Has we and they all know if it was not for the early adoption of Paul and the rest of the Modaco members on here the vega's would have been returned to DSG so fast that they would not have known what to do. So how do they thank us? Well they consult us in the accessories we require and how much we think we would pay for such thing which I could not credit them enough for but then they do this. What do they honestly think this would achieve because now I doubt that I would even buy one unless the price was around £19.99.

Well if they can go up I can go down!

Let's hope that they have plenty of spare shelves on their warehouse.

Considering the poll noted that 9% of people thought 40 quid was reasonable I suspect that the sales figures will reflect this. Poor business next time they ask our opinion we should just ignore it. What's the point in providing our opinion.

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest dagrim1

Lol, really? 40?

It really makes no sense, this price. You just get a usb-hub with a power connector (and not even the adapter itself right?). Nope, was interested for max half of that price but this is just not going to be an option.

Edited by dagrim1

there is already a massive discussion on this in a different thread, main tone is no one is going to buy it. Vegaaccs said in the accessories thread it was going to be £29.99 which is what the majority of people voted for and then they do this. I personally would have got one at £30 but definitely not paying any more.

Guest rferrett

Ultimately though I don't really see the point in getting mad about it. They asked us what price point we thought, the community had a very consistent response and they priced it above that price point.

My guess is they wont really sell that many, and they will probably drop the price in a month or so have sold a few to early adopters.

One thing though, we are in a bubble of early adopters who are quite savvy about our tech and members of a switched on, online tech community. We really don't know how many of these Vegas were sold to just ordinary users over the web who might be quite up for paying forty dabs. Similarly Vegas are in stores next week. I guess form the DSG point of view it makes absolute commercial sense to try and extract an additional premium to start with when potentially for the first time a significant portion of Joe Public might be getting their Vegas in stores. Remember the DSG business model for computing equipment is to sell the actual devices dirt cheap and make money on the accessories. That is why we got our Vegas so cheap!

Also, Vega Accessories have got form for offering the community discount codes so I dont think it is outside the realms of possibility that in the next couple of weeks Vegaccs might come online at MoDaCo and offer us a five or ten pound discount code. If they don't I am sure that sooner or later a compatible doc will appear much more economically on fleabay. Remember the device has many iterations and the doc is being made by the PIANO people so is probably compatible with all the different Vega/Mobii/PIANO clones out there.

Guest Bobbler

This whole practise of "engaging" customers in an online community - Facebook, Forums, Twitter - is just marketings buzz for this season I am afraid.

It's very much a pretend we care to get more money out of your pocket exercise rather than truly feeling a need to be involved in the community. They realised customers are getting smarter and more vocal online about their experiences and in order to maximise profits they setup the whole "caring" attitude to come across as good guys, despite decades of really not giving a stuff. Largely because people just walked into their stores and impact of bad service was minor at worst, now everyone potentially has a world stage to shout their discontent.

Good effort DSG, but if you are going to do market research to a bunch of potential customers in such an open and visible fashion, then you can't just make up a price following the input as defeats the point really.

Guest rferrett

Though to be fair to DSG we don't really know where they started from. It could be that they were initially planning on retailing the dock at launch for £59.99 or something like that and as a direct result of participating here they went back to the drawing board and changed their expectations and price point.

Not defending them, I certainly won't be purchasing a dock at that price point, but I think it is a little harsh on them what is being said. Put bluntly if DSG, or anyone for that matter, don't offer a top product at a price i'll pay I simply don't buy it!

It is surely only a matter of time before something that does the same job is for sale much more cheaply on Ebay, that is our out!

Guest stevesilk51

I'll wait, like most of us will, it's not a necessity and if DSG come to their senses and discount £10-20 I'll buy, if not I'll get a cheapo when available.

I'll wait, like most of us will, it's not a necessity and if DSG come to their senses and discount £10-20 I'll buy, if not I'll get a cheapo when available.

+1 to that and the fact that it does not come with a spare power supply is a deal breaker for me.

Guest Sanddancer75

Now that we have that off out chests how about we hunt around for a better price. We know that the P10AN01 is being sold all over the world, & that docks are available. I've been looking, but aside from that Japanese site doing them for about £35 that someone mentioned I've been unable to find any being sold without a tablet itself.

Guest warriorscot

To be honest I think it is more of a case that they just haven't bought many of them as they didn't expect them to sell well enough. Probably for the reasons most of us have mentioned that they couldn't change as it's obviously just the standard dock and they have but some extras from the manufacturer and repackaged them. So because they don't have a lot they probably didn't get a good discount on them to make selling them at £30 or less worth the risk. I think at £20-30 lots of us would have bought them even if it isn't ideal but we aren't the ones laying down the capital to buy them and distribute them.

I think best bet of a good dock will be a third party one if the p10AN01 design is popular enough or something generic if they have used a dock interface that other tablets will use.

Guest montage

All be it dsg's goal to make a tidy profit.. I doubt anybody could moan about this.

My issue is getting some cheap advice portraying as an all caring dsg rep.. what do you think poll etc and the offering a big slap after.

But lets face it their screen protector at 12.99 is also a joke

Guest dazzawright
yeah!! seems a bit of a rip off to me

has any one trired this it looks like it would fit for a tenner

amazon

Hi, i have that stand and it is brilliant. I use it whilst cooking so i can view recipes.

Hi, i have that stand and it is brilliant. I use it whilst cooking so i can view recipes.

I also have the same stand. It's very well made - very solid, quite heavy. I use it occasionally in the kitchen but to be honest I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I've realised that the way I use my vega tends to be handheld while sat on the sofa. If you use yours with a keyboard, or to watch films then a stand/dock may well be useful but if you're thinking of shelling out £40 on the official dock (though it doesn't sound like anyone in this thread is), then I'd definitely recommend testing the water with a cheap £5-£10 stand first to see if you'll actually use it.

Guest vegaaccs

Hello guys, last week was my first week back from annual leave. In my absence, the Vega Dock was setup and priced at £39.99 and as new products are launched on Thursdays, I did not have time to change it before the weekend. I cannot setup a code for this for the community this time around, so I am going to drop the price to the £29.99 I said it would be. It should be live tomorrow, as these things happen overnight. I'm sorry about that breakdown in communication and hopefully you guys can all get a hold of one tomorrow.

Hello guys, last week was my first week back from annual leave. In my absence, the Vega Dock was setup and priced at £39.99 and as new products are launched on Thursdays, I did not have time to change it before the weekend. I cannot setup a code for this for the community this time around, so I am going to drop the price to the £29.99 I said it would be. It should be live tomorrow, as these things happen overnight. I'm sorry about that breakdown in communication and hopefully you guys can all get a hold of one tomorrow.

Excellent news. Will it be available in store, or online only?

Guest High Flyer

Now this is customer service!

I wasn't going to buy one of the docks as I have no need for one, however, I'm definitely considering it based on the fact that there is a company representative actively engaging with the community and taking on board recommendations made by them.

Amazing.