• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

The ULTIMATE Liquid thread

165 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think I am going to give up.

There is not a single one description on the whole net which isn't just a big heap of some sensless jibberish, broken links and meaningless sentences stacked up on top of each other... One is bigger crap than the other.

Is it really impossible to make a USEFUL, STRAIGHT FORWARD AND WORKING page? Which doesn't say "you don't need this tool any more ... please start this tool", and it is not full of random letters and numbers, etc?

I am damn computer programmer and I have no idea what to do, what am I looking at...

So, anyone knows a USEFUL how-to page, which does not require me to become an Android / Linux programmer to understand it?

Edited by Lew247

Posted

I think I am going to give up.

There is not a single one description on the whole net which isn't just a big heap of some sensless jibberish, broken links and meaningless sentences stacked up on top of each other... One is bigger crap than the other.

Is it really impossible to make a USEFUL, STRAIGHT FORWARD AND WORKING page? Which doesn't say "you don't need this tool any more ... please start this tool", and it is not full of random letters and numbers, etc?

I am damn computer programmer and I have no idea what to do, what am I looking at...

So, anyone knows a USEFUL how-to page, which does not require me to become an Android / Linux programmer to understand it?

Have you considered the iPhone?

Posted

dario, how to completely move apps to sd?

Posted

hi dario do you have any idea hw to increase the volume for our liquid?

Posted

hi dario do you have any idea hw to increase the volume for our liquid?

Mmhh,actually no... Which ROM are you using? Do you have too low volume?

Posted

dario, how to completely move apps to sd?

I think you were replied in a good way in the thread you opened some days ago but if you still have troubles with apps2SD just ask here! :D

Posted

Hi,

I just followed what you described.. I didn't move the USB cable when flashing, but in the end (when I have 6/6 steps done on the right lower corner), it told me some error happened, you can remove USB cable, recovery is needed. On the left lower corner it says: process: quit.

I tried to wait, then disconnect and reconnect the USB, but it stayed as is.

Posted

I kept the phone on, and re-flashed again, using a different bin file, it worked..

Man, I really thank you, my android age is 4 days, and I could root and update from 1.6 to 2.2 directly.

Posted

Mmhh,actually no... Which ROM are you using? Do you have too low volume?

nw using t&l, ya a bit low when compare with other's (pluged on the same X-mini Capsure Speaker), i founded lvh frm market but unfortunely that's for htc's series only

Posted

nw using t&l, ya a bit low when compare with other's (pluged on the same X-mini Capsure Speaker), i founded lvh frm market but unfortunely that's for htc's series only

If you are on acer-based rom like t&l you can flash DSP manager from Vache :)

But remember to perform a nandroid first! :)

Posted

If you are on acer-based rom like t&l you can flash DSP manager from Vache :)

But remember to perform a nandroid first! :)

i tested dsp manager(downloaded frm market) before but the volume improvement not very significant..thx btw :)

Posted

Updated thread!

Added some new sections :)

Posted

good job

thanks for share this..... :) :) :)

Posted (edited)

Dario,

you have posted very useful info about porting(It's XDA's info, right?)/compiling, but hey, how to convert my port to something flashable? Scripts that for example N1 roms using are not compatible with liquid recovery I think.

I'm not sure that repack with liquid modules is enough to make my port flashabe.

Edited by Lens_flare

Posted

Dario,

you have posted very useful info about porting(It's XDA's info, right?)/compiling, but hey, how to convert my port to something flashable? Scripts that for example N1 roms using are not compatible with liquid recovery I think.

I'm not sure that repack with liquid modules is enough to make my port flashabe.

If they were available on XDA ,there would be much more porters xD No,this is my knowledge that I got from vache and koudelka that taught me how to do this in an old thread I will link,if you want,and I will always be grateful to them for this :)

However,what scripts they are? I think they won't create any problem for a first boot :)

Posted (edited)

So, to flash port that I've done before(got files) I should zip this files and that's it? No other modifications, shamanizm, magic or smth like that?

And please add Roggin's method of sensors fix.

Edited by Lens_flare

Posted

Hi. Thank you for this great tuts. But I have just 1 question about porting. When you talk about the 3 "yamaha" files. What is it ? I don't find any "yamaha" file. Thx

And sorry for my bad english

Posted

Hello guys...

I read the section 5 or 6? "something about bricked phones"

I got the same experience but somehow different... I cannot reset the USB when the ADT says bit connected coz when i check my phone its off....

I see to it the that phone is more than 30% as the recommended phone battery state to be safely flashed... I got 67% before doing so...

I don't know why it was off so i did tried to turn it on while the ADT is seating still and the phone wont turn on till now...

Combo Keys are not working tried everything... the phone is dead... but i am still positive that it would turn on....

All infos on what happened to my phone is http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...g/#entry1681969

Maybe you can help.... I would appreciate that a lot

Posted

Ok, so I'm a total newb, great get it out of the way.

I've downloaded a few what I thought were .bin's from this site, which obviously arent what I thought they were.

For example say I'm trying to flash the LeoGingerBread rom.

I get a boot.img file.

I get a bunch of other files in folders.

What do I do to get it on the phone.

I have tried to install Malez Recovery, it looks like it installs but it looks like I have to follow the Rogers instructions as I am on Fido ( same #$% different pile )

This post is great but it assumes your not a total idiot which most of us start out being. I see no mention of .img files. So put the soft gloves on and tell me what I need to do to start messing my phone up.

Please and thank you.

Posted

I am using t&l rom

when I use Acer DL tool, It shows :

The phone is not in OS mode. Now, process stops......

can sb help me??!!

Posted

great thread! i have a question tho.. i have the ferrari edition of liquid e... can i still use the same procedures for rooting? i followed your post to the letter but all i see is the recovery image then the phone proceeds to booting normally instead of showing the recovery menu... any ideas?

Posted

great thread! i have a question tho.. i have the ferrari edition of liquid e... can i still use the same procedures for rooting? i followed your post to the letter but all i see is the recovery image then the phone proceeds to booting normally instead of showing the recovery menu... any ideas?

Try to ask malez in his recovery thread,if I don't get wrong there's a specific version for your device :D

Posted

Try to ask malez in his recovery thread,if I don't get wrong there's a specific version for your device :D

oh... thanks much!!!

Posted

Ok, so I'm a total newb, great get it out of the way.

I've downloaded a few what I thought were .bin's from this site, which obviously arent what I thought they were.

For example say I'm trying to flash the LeoGingerBread rom.

I get a boot.img file.

I get a bunch of other files in folders.

What do I do to get it on the phone.

I have tried to install Malez Recovery, it looks like it installs but it looks like I have to follow the Rogers instructions as I am on Fido ( same #$% different pile )

This post is great but it assumes your not a total idiot which most of us start out being. I see no mention of .img files. So put the soft gloves on and tell me what I need to do to start messing my phone up.

Please and thank you.

You don't have to unzip the file :D

Just take it and put in your SD card,then follow the instructions I wrote in the thread! :D

Posted

Guys,I'm updating the thread a bit,stay tuned for further udpates! :D