The ULTIMATE Liquid thread

Guest Dario93

Guest flasherPSM

Thanks for this topic man!!

I'm brand new to Android and I have a few questions about this quide, if you don't mind:

- Is it safe to use this guide on a stock Acer Liquid E 2.2? (Especially concerning rooting and flashing custom ROMs)

- Is their any risk bricking my Liquid and if he bricks, can he always be unbricked without sending it back?

- Can you recommend me a 2.2 custom ROM that increases my battery life? No need for fancy GUIs and such.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by flasherPSM

Guest pjb2904

ty for this had some problems at first and I think I pm'd u bout this too but not sure cuz no send messages showed up so...

Just wanted to say I got it fixed and I have the Liquid E S100 and it only got 256Mb (thats where I went wrong)

So Mby you could add to your point 1 that they should check if they got a 256Mb and if so download the A1.

Thanks again.

Wout

Guest flasherPSM

Few last questions about BIN flashing:

- You say using the drivers from Acer's site, but I guess those are the same as those in your first 0-post? YES

- Does debugging have to be enabled or disabled? ENABLED

- The Acer tool has to run in compatibility mode. XP SP3? YES

Gave it a try, couldn't wait ^^

Edited by flasherPSM

Guest dutta6

I just had some questions about this guide. I just bought my acer liquid e and am waiting for it to arrive. I am wondering if I want to flash a custom rom based off android 2.3, do I need to first flash the 2.2 bin that you have linked in this guide? Or do I just have to flash the rom (probably cm7 or miui)? The description said the phone came with 2.1 stock installed, so I am just wondering if I have to update to 2.2 before flashing custom roms based off 2.3? Thanks for your help.

Guest flasherPSM
I just had some questions about this guide. I just bought my acer liquid e and am waiting for it to arrive. I am wondering if I want to flash a custom rom based off android 2.3, do I need to first flash the 2.2 bin that you have linked in this guide? Or do I just have to flash the rom (probably cm7 or miui)? The description said the phone came with 2.1 stock installed, so I am just wondering if I have to update to 2.2 before flashing custom roms based off 2.3? Thanks for your help.

You have to flash a 2.2 BIN before flashing 2.2 of 2.3 based custom ROMs ;)

Guest dutta6
You have to flash a 2.2 BIN before flashing 2.2 of 2.3 based custom ROMs ;)

Thanks! Though I was wondering how do I know which bin file to flash?

Edited by dutta6

Guest flasherPSM
Thanks! Though I was wondering how do I know which bin file to flash?

I was told by Dario93 that the 4.504b.00 BIN gives the best battery life ;)

(or* in my previous post btw)

Guest Dario93

Yeah. I've reflashed it just yesterday after using 4.002.14 for a long time I can confirm 4.504b has the best battery drain :P

Guest flasherPSM
Yeah. I've reflashed it just yesterday after using 4.002.14 for a long time I can confirm 4.504b has the best battery drain ;)

Same here, still have to flash metal over the BIN, but great drain on official rom every way

Guest dutta6

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

Guest flasherPSM
Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

You'te welcome. ;) Only a few days ago I had to ask the same questions so I know it's nice to have useful answers asap

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djsteal

Hi! Can someone please help me.. i have an Acer Liquid E Ferrari Edition and its running Eclair 2.1.. So what i did is i downloaded the upgrade file from Acer and upgraded it to Froyo 2.2 and after that i followed the instructions on this page on how to install Malez Recovery.. I haven't encountered any problem on installing Malez Recovery but after installing it i can't seem to enter recovery. When i try the Volume Down + Camera + Power Combo it will only flash the Malez screen for a split second and it will continue to boot to froyo.. Is there anything that i've done wrong? please help. i want to root my phone that's why im doing this..

Thanks!! =)

Guest Ma7moud
Hi! Can someone please help me.. i have an Acer Liquid E Ferrari Edition and its running Eclair 2.1.. So what i did is i downloaded the upgrade file from Acer and upgraded it to Froyo 2.2 and after that i followed the instructions on this page on how to install Malez Recovery.. I haven't encountered any problem on installing Malez Recovery but after installing it i can't seem to enter recovery. When i try the Volume Down + Camera + Power Combo it will only flash the Malez screen for a split second and it will continue to boot to froyo.. Is there anything that i've done wrong? please help. i want to root my phone that's why im doing this..

Thanks!! =)

i think there is some special version of Malez Recovery for the Ferrari Edition, i will try to find it for you

Guest Roaster87

Got a problem! I've installed the new rom, liquidnext. When flashed and the install procedure followed, my Liquid started saying my phone was not rooted. So I opened Malez, and somehow the install of the new rom unrooted my device, don't ask me how. When I tried to re-root my liquid, malez says that I need to : Run 'root.sh on 2' via adb console or malez menu..

WTH ?! anybody any clues

Yes, he gives this error on all 3 options.

Guest thepasto
sorry the stupid question, but at the point 8 what are the 'yamaha' files?

in system/bin you should find

sensorcalibutil_yamaha

sensorserver_yamaha

sensorstatutil_yamaha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Liquid E Ferrari

Hi there everyone, I`m new in this forum and I`m may be noob on rooting my device and I`m holding a Liquid E Ferrari with Android 2.2 Froyo (Build Number : Acer_LiquidE_4.005.04_AAP_G2F) and my (Kernel : 2.6.29)

So I want to ask, if I straight away install the Maze Recovery into my device I still keep my original OS and all the apps and settings that I have?

Where I can actually find a customer ROM for my Ferrari? As I`ve been tried to search for a long time and I`m desperately want to root my device because many unuseful stuffs is occupying my device and I really wants to delete to save some space for something I wanted.

Will it be a high risk if I uses Maze recovery on getting a failure?

Sorry for causing trouble, cause I`m really out of ideas to root my device so I`ve decided to ask here.

Thanks for helping me out~

Guest Liquid E Ferrari

And if anything happens, can i still get to reload back to my original Android OS? And how can I do so?

Really thanks if someone can explain to me, thanks very very much~

Guest Dario93

Hi :) Well,installing malez recovery won't delete your data/apps, but you can't install the normal one ,there's a specific version for Ferrari edition! Unfortunately in these days I don't have my pc so I can't post the link but if you Google it you will find it for sure :) Otherwise I'll be able to get my pc in 1-2 days :) And of course don't worry about risks,installing malez recovery it's a safe operation :)

If you want to delete malez recovery for some reasons you will have to run the update to 4.005.04 again but this will result in losing all your data!

If you have further questions don't hesitate to write again, we're always happy to help newcomers ^_^

Guest Dario93

@RYRAN No,after flashing a bin installing a custom rom isn't compulsory but only advised if you want a speed and performance boost. Otherwise you can keep your bin (that is a stock rom) on your phone :)