• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

How to uninstall pre-installed apps (no cmd needed)

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys,sorry if its been posted before or if i'm on wrong thread,but i noticed lots of people are finding it difficult to remove pre-installed apps on android...

i went on the following:

http://androidcommander.com/ downloaded it..

Phone Requirements:

- ROOT (only for Applications Manager and flashing options)

- BusyBox (required only for rooted phones; included to most ROMs)

- Settings->Applications->Development->USB debuging must be enabled

- USB cable

it says busybox but u can use "Superuser" to root your phone...

PC Requirements:

- Windows

- Instaled Android SDK *

- Instaled ADB USB Driver from SDK

- SDK/Tools set in System Path (program can set it for You )

* Download the Android SDK: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

* Installing the Android SDK: http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html

Install SDK from the above link,you must also have JAVA installed on your PC...

download and install all the required programs

connect your android phone to pc through USB

then click on the "android commander" program(make sure you set system path,look for the item path where you installed ADB..the pc needs to find this)

this should detect your phone,then go on from there to search and remove your unwanted apps

any help with this,ask me here or PM me..

Posted

stupid idiot!!!!!im a stupid idiot!!! i removed FMRADIO and now my keyboard is missing! i cant type!lmao...how do i get a keyboard manually???

Posted

stupid idiot!!!!!im a stupid idiot!!! i removed FMRADIO and now my keyboard is missing! i cant type!lmao...how do i get a keyboard manually???

You wouldn't lose keyboard through removing fmradio...

You can also just use Titanium Backup app to remove system apps from your rom. Much simpler.

Posted (edited)

Or just root and use

SystemApp Remover

Edited by mELIANTE

Posted

wheres my keyboard???helppppppppp i installed a keyboard and yet i still cant type anywhere,it wont shoe me input method?im not touching my phone again after i fix this!!!

Posted

wheres my keyboard???helppppppppp i installed a keyboard and yet i still cant type anywhere,it wont shoe me input method?im not touching my phone again after i fix this!!!

May sound stupid, but have you gone to settings, language and keyboard, and then selected an input method?.

If not, you could go to Swype, make an account, download the beta keyboard for temporary use, then use that to search a keyboard you like from the market.

Posted

^ im stupid mate,but not that stupid but thanks..

i rebooted my phone n its ok now!!

this thread needs deleting and thanks guys for titanium backup and other program which costs 0.62p

but will titanium backup work for pre-installed apps?

Posted

It should do, don't see why not...

Posted

tested titanium back up and it works! cheers :D i thought i bricked my phone when i got error message on my phone "unexpected error occured" my phone went blank and rebooted! :D

Posted

Easiest way is to just use terminal and rm the apk from /system/apps/

Posted

LoL.

If you download some Rom you can open it with WinZIP.

system\app\ here the all of app what is in the rom. You can delete here what you dont need. (If you break your phone is not my buisnes, you need think what you wanna delete) I delete here always the FMradio, Filer replace root explorer, delete car home, i replace the launcer to the launcherPro. etc.

So here you can delete what you dont need. And you can put here some IMPORTANT apps what you wanna install in the first boot. Dont put here AngryBirds or other like this app.

After just flash your phone. And tadam here your "custom" ROM.

Thats the first step if i try a new ROM.