[ROM] New ZTE Racer Rom V3 ready

Guest rickywyatt

Guest arrioch

Your v2 works perfect to me, so i think i'll skip this update and wait for 2.2 port (if there's one any time soon). :(

Great work, Ricky, hope to see more from you soon!

Guest equiliym
Your v2 works perfect to me, so i think i'll skip this update and wait for 2.2 port (if there's one any time soon). :(

Great work, Ricky, hope to see more from you soon!

there is already 2.3 source available, if only there were people who know more programming and have time to compile from src, even 2.2, would be more than awesome.. but im okay with this v3 for now :(

Guest arrioch
there is already 2.3 source available, if only there were people who know more programming and have time to compile from src, even 2.2, would be more than awesome.. but im okay with this v3 for now :(

damn, that would be awesome.. :) i hope there will be someone to compile some new rom soon. :(

Guest rickywyatt

i have a 2.2 rom witch im making at the mo iv added all google apps ill upload it when bugs have been fixed but there will be no camera and no wifi i cant fix theses :(

Guest Ang3l0912
i have a 2.2 rom witch im making at the mo iv added all google apps ill upload it when bugs have been fixed but there will be no camera and no wifi i cant fix theses :(

Hey ricky what are the bugs your experiencing and send over to me if you can i try rectafy the wifi and camera issue

Guest Ang3l0912
Hey ricky what are the bugs your experiencing and send over to me if you can i try rectafy the wifi and camera issue

i think i managed to find rom u got i see your problems it is a problem i having a linux degree guy look into the kernel see if its driver related but will let you know once i here back later today

Guest rickywyatt

Things working

Sound

Bluetooth

1Google apps

Volume buttons

Bootscreens

Livewallpapers

3g

Calls

Not working

Call end buttons

Wifi

camera

Browser crashes when going to Google.com

Edited by rickywyatt

Guest Ang3l0912
Things working

Sound

Bluetooth

1Google apps

Volume buttons

Bootscreens

Livewallpapers

3g

Calls

Not working

Call end buttons

Wifi

camera

Browser crashes when going to Google.com

ok well i still waiting to hear back about wifi nd camera issues but should hear shortly the android 2.2 writtin differently so the wifi nd camera drivers may be written different so i will investigate further

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest Ang3l0912
im going to upload what i done so far the chinese made a really bad boot.img-kernel i cant fix it as i dont no how to

there kernel aint that bad but what i seen ov it my god its badword lol but i will get my linux guy to have look but then again i take it they done it from 2.2 source code avaliable nd nit picked at 2.1 roms to get some other vital components

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest Ang3l0912
i think that thay used a zte blade rom from pauls MoDaCo Custom

most likely what should done really is made it fresh written the code from scratch but there no way changing the boot.img-kernel manually doyou think to figure out whats going wrong

Guest rickywyatt

i try evey thing i no iv even tryed flshing my boot image from 2.1 it boots and fixes the end and call button but it keeps rebooting and saying something about system is not resonding

Guest Ang3l0912
i think that thay used a zte blade rom from pauls MoDaCo Custom

right i have look into few things basicly they have done it the bunch ov twats lol i try alter it but hey

Guest Ang3l0912
i try evey thing i no iv even tryed flshing my boot image from 2.1 it boots and fixes the end and call button but it keeps rebooting and saying something about system is not resonding

there build.prop is wrong so im fixing that atm but then again alot to fix in this usueless badword up ov a rom haha

Guest equiliym

would it be possible to enable multitouch? i heard it was disabled at kernel level for most devices, dont know if racer supports it tho.. but anyway, good work, i might have a friend from work who could also look at the 2.2 code if you upload it since my knowledge is somewhat limited at the moment, ill ask friend if he knows about android

edit: is it possible to just get 2.2 source from android dev and edit what needed for zte?

Edited by equiliym

Guest Ang3l0912
would it be possible to enable multitouch? i heard it was disabled at kernel level for most devices, dont know if racer supports it tho.. but anyway, good work, i might have a friend from work who could also look at the 2.2 code if you upload it since my knowledge is somewhat limited at the moment, ill ask friend if he knows about android

edit: is it possible to just get 2.2 source from android dev and edit what needed for zte?

hello basicly what has happened is the chineese have been clever and took the 2.2 froyo rom from zte blade and tryed to adapt it to the racer the problem is they are quite different in specifications so one thign are rollign a bit more will try get some source code for you

Guest equiliym
hello basicly what has happened is the chineese have been clever and took the 2.2 froyo rom from zte blade and tryed to adapt it to the racer the problem is they are quite different in specifications so one thign are rollign a bit more will try get some source code for you

oh i see.. well, no rush, ill reply if i find help about this since im still new to android and dont know much

Guest Ang3l0912
oh i see.. well, no rush, ill reply if i find help about this since im still new to android and dont know much

i fairly new aswell but to be honest learn as you go it gets easier if ur not sure ask if u dont know find out nd trial error best thing

• 1 month later...
Guest electricdel

Hi what is the latest best working mod for Racer? I'm on 3 in uk. Can you send me the link and a step by step as I'm a newbie.

thanks in advance peeps!

Guest Khan Miro

Well, depends on how actually you want.

The masterpieces are one 2.2 ROM and one 2.3 ROM

They are all not quite final releases, but still they are almost bugless.

What do you prefer ?

Guest electricdel
Well, depends on how actually you want.

The masterpieces are one 2.2 ROM and one 2.3 ROM

They are all not quite final releases, but still they are almost bugless.

What do you prefer ?

well what's the most stable and works the best?

Guest Khan Miro

The most stable is the latest 2.2 ROM from Modaco, but it's not as good as the 2.3, who is not so buggy, but has to be a little more developed. I don't know about you, but I am waiting for the next release of 2.3 and won't flash to 2.2 ;]