MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Back to Stock. The Easy Way

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I made a package with all the original files needed (All files were downloaded from HTC and Google) and I also made the commands (for Windows only) to make this extremely easy. Here's the link to the package and don't forget to unzip all files.

http://kuldrive.com/host/n1/Back2Stock.zip

This is Froyo 2.2.2 and you should be able to get the Gingerbread 2.3.3 OTA update from google right away.

The instructions are in the "Read Me.txt". It should be fast and easy, I did it under 5 mins.

Keep in mind that this will wipe your phone.

Edited by PCNemy

Posted · Report post

Gingerbread is comming for the Nexus One.

Make sure the bootloader drivers are properly installed or this will not work at all.

Let me know if it worked for you or if you have any questions:)

THX for your work - can you ad a bit of explanation: In what state has the phone to be, does it matter which ROm and which recovery is installed right now?

This is basically also wiping the phone, I guess?

Posted · Report post

Sorry forgot to mention that, yes this will wipe your phone and the phone has to be in the bootloader (you can get there by holding the trackball and pressing the power button) for this to work:)

Thanks PCNemy, I've been meaning to go back to stock for a while, and your work seemed like a good enough incentive.

Notes:

Restarted to the bootloader, then started Fastboot on the phone to give the PC access to ADB.

Read the readme.txt in the download, and followed the instructions.

This brought me back to 2.2.1 (update1)

Same issues with limited APNs, so you may have to skip the account setup process and add yours manually.

System update downloads 2.2.1 (FRG83D) automatically, then asks if you want to install the update.

Immediately on rebooting, a second update is available for install, which installs and reboots automatically, the build number moves to FRG83G and the Android version is now 2.2.2.

All things working as expected so far - nice piece of AIO work.

[Edit: Added more detail.]

Edited by jango76

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks PCNemy for submitting this.

Could you give a bit more explanation how to install them?

Do I have to add all the files to my sd card or something? I don't manage to launch the .exe file (if it's what I'm supposed to do lol)

Cheers and thx again!

EDIT : Didnt check the readme file! Forget my comment

Edited by yayau85

Posted · Report post

I tried using the latest version (2.2.2) from HTC to make this process much faster but it would give me a lot of problems but using 2.1 would work just fine and just updated from there. Ive been using this for a while and it's always worked for me. Keep in mind that the first update will install an older radio which really sucks, I've included a newer version and instructions on how to install it. You can always replace the .img files with the Android version you want and it'll work as long as they're in the same folder under the same file name. Let me know if you tried another version and if it worked. Hope it works for you guys:)

Posted · Report post

Hi all - just so I can confirm. This is the way we're all getting Gingerbread? There's no rooted ROM or anything coming out? If not, why not - is Gingerbread that damn cool?

If poss could someone post a nice easy set of steps for noobs like me, i have no qualms about connecting my phone to my pc, using ADB etc but would like something simple that's proven to work before i nuke all my data!

Posted · Report post

I have a feeling that this weekend, top-geeks will be busy filling forums like this one with N1-Gingerbread installation procedures.

Mr.Foo you are not alone, have faith.

Posted · Report post

But is it at a point where Paul doesn't need to make a kitchen? Surely not!

I have a feeling that this weekend, top-geeks will be busy filling forums like this one with N1-Gingerbread installation procedures.

Mr.Foo you are not alone, have faith.

Posted · Report post

But is it at a point where Paul doesn't need to make a kitchen? Surely not!

This is when Paul needs to update the kitchen with Gingerbread along with all the other MoDaCo googies in it.

Can't wait, I'm currently running the Cyanogenmod RC1 CM7 and have a few issues with it. It's only 2.3.2, and with 2.3.3 you get webm support and I'm sure it'll be a little more stable being it's a direct ROM for the phone.

C'mon Paul, jump outa that Hot Mazda and get us updated Pllllllllllease! :huh:

Posted · Report post

Great this worked perfectly. Don't use a crappy USB cable when you do it though - trust me. Also now I'm trying to update it to 2.2.2 but Google says no updates available!!!!

Posted · Report post

I tried to follow the instructions on the readme and also on the forum but I am stuck at the DOS screen saying waiting for device. Seems like the phone didn't see N1 connected to the PC...

I already installed the latest Android SDK and the Java SDK and I also followed your first instruction. What have I done wrong and what should I do now? My Android version is 2.2.1 and is using r21 MoDaCo Custom Rom.

You mentioned that I can install from the Drivers folder.. Am I installing it on the PC or on the phone memory card? Where should I put those files?

"Make sure the bootloader drivers are properly installed or this will not work at all." - how do I know if I installed properly? I am pretty rookie on this and anyone who can share some light is truly appreciated!

Thanks PCNemy for your tool!

Posted · Report post

I tried to follow the instructions on the readme and also on the forum but I am stuck at the DOS screen saying waiting for device. Seems like the phone didn't see N1 connected to the PC...

I already installed the latest Android SDK and the Java SDK and I also followed your first instruction. What have I done wrong and what should I do now? My Android version is 2.2.1 and is using r21 MoDaCo Custom Rom.

You mentioned that I can install from the Drivers folder.. Am I installing it on the PC or on the phone memory card? Where should I put those files?

"Make sure the bootloader drivers are properly installed or this will not work at all." - how do I know if I installed properly? I am pretty rookie on this and anyone who can share some light is truly appreciated!

Thanks PCNemy for your tool!

I have the sames issue.

I can get ADB Devices command to work but Fastboot Devices shows nothing.

I have the sames issue.

I can get ADB Devices command to work but Fastboot Devices shows nothing.

OK ignore mine is now working.

Startup phone while pressing trackball down fastboot will load. "Fastboot devices" now works.

Edited by Jason Patel

Posted · Report post

OK ignore mine is now working.

Startup phone while pressing trackball down fastboot will load. "Fastboot devices" now works.

I already holding down the tracakball and in the white menu with "FASTBOOT USB" but still the Kulrun is still on "waiting for device". What did I do wrong? Please help!

My White Menu (I guess that is the Fastboot menu) I have these following:

NEXUSONE PVT SHIP S-ON

HBOOT-0.33.0012

MICROP-0b15

TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0103

RADIO 0-5.12.00.08

DEC 17 2009, 13:05:23

FASTBOOT USB

<VOL UP> to previous item

<VOL DOWN> to next item

<POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER

REBOOT

REBOOT BOOTLOADER

POWER DOWN

I hope all these information will be enough for someone kind enough to help me analyze my problem. THANKS MILLION!!!

Posted · Report post

@Pegasus123

Once you boot with trackball pressed in. Can you run CMD from your machine (pressume windows) browse to your extracted Back2Stock Dir then type "fastboot devices" what do you get? Does it just return with a blank line?

Posted · Report post

@Jason Patel

Yes, just a blank line and back to the directory prompt...

Posted · Report post

I know I am going over the same stuff again but this sounds exactly like the problem I had.

I was booting up with the method I know holding the <vol down>+<Power button> then scrolling down to the fastboot option and then click power on that. It would not work - I cant see any logical reason why it shouldnt as it says FASTBOOT USB.

I then instead had the phone off while pressing and holding the <power>+<trackball> everything looked the same but it works when done this way, on my phone atleast. Sorry if this sounds silly but I was up till 2am not able to get it to work until I figured this out and normally the simplest thing is the answer.

Any more details (I prob cant help but someone else may be able to) so unlocked bootloader? (mine is still locked) What ROM have you installed?

I did many things as couldnt figure it out I upgraded my HBoot but I dont think this is necessary until you want to install Gingerbread, but your going to have to do it at some point so no harm.

hboot-0.35.0017

http://android.clients.google.com/packages...t-0.35.0017.zip

@Jason Patel

Yes, just a blank line and back to the directory prompt...

Make sure the right drivers are installed. On your phone, put it in fastboot mode. On your computer, go to Device Manager and look for a "ADP Interface-HTC Bootloader" device and if you don't see it then the right drivers are not installed. Look for your phone in the list, and uninstall any current driver. Reinstall the driver from windows update (that actually worked for me) by choosing the automatic option when reinstalling/updating the driver.

Im working on a newer zip since it appears that google is not updating from 2.1 anymore.

Edited by PCNemy

Posted · Report post

Worthless comment, but its so good to finally have gingerbread!

Posted · Report post

Make sure the right drivers are installed. On your phone, put it in fastboot mode. On your computer, go to Device Manager and look for a "ADP Interface-HTC Bootloader" device and if you don't see it then the right drivers are not installed. Look for your phone in the list, and uninstall any current driver. Reinstall the driver from windows update (that actually worked for me) by choosing the automatic option when reinstalling/updating the driver.

Im working on a newer zip since it appears that google is not updating from 2.1 anymore.

@PCNemy

It works! Thanks for your tip to check Device Manager as I see I have a ! on Android phone and I followed your instruction to update driver and now I can see the ADP Interface-HTC Bootloader.

I am able to execute the kulrun and now I am update on 2.1 but like you said.. N1 didn't see a firmware update so I cannot do anything now...

@Jason Patel

Thanks for your help. Can you give me some instruction as how to use those zip files? I think I am getting closer as you see from above but still not there yet.

Many thanks for both of you, esp PCNemy for the great tool! I can smell the gingerbread!! =)

Posted · Report post

I posted a newer version that will get you to Froyo 2.2.2 and you can update to Gingerbread from there. This is just plain Stock. Paul has already released his custom 2.3.3 ROM.

Posted · Report post

I posted a newer version that will get you to Froyo 2.2.2 and you can update to Gingerbread from there. This is just plain Stock. Paul has already released his custom 2.3.3 ROM.

PCNemy, thank you so much for your post and sorry that I didn't reply earlier. I actually use another way to update to Gingerbread and works fine so far. Thanks again for your effort to make it easier for us

Worked for me - thanks

How do I root it now? :-)

EDIT: Found su.zip

Edited by skearon