StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Official StreakDroid Website:StreakDroid.com

I HAVE REMOVED FRING SUPPORT FROM THIS BUILD FROM NOW ON, IM SICK OF WASTING 2 DAYS FIXING THE FRAMEWORKS TO ALLOW FRING TO WORK, IF YOU WANT FRING SUPPORT GO COMPLAIN TO THEM (@FRING ON TWITTER ALSO)

This Release Version incorporates changes in the INSTALLATION PROCESS, please read the options available to you and the correct method of applying them before proceeding to flash the 1.7 Zip File!

( Disclaimer : As before, this ROM is heavily updated and still being developed at a fairly rapid pace. Bugs are listed below.)

PERFMOD IS NOT enabled by default in this version, had some reports of stabily problems but their is now an installer option to reenable it if you wish, if you choose not to enable the installer will automaticly trasfer your data back to save a reset :huh:

also lots of other little tweaks been added

1.0 > INSTALLATION CHANGES :

With 1.8, several choices must be made before flashing the Zip file via StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery. These choices are made with very simple edits to a Text file ( explained in section 1.2 below )

Important Options Available ( other options are listed below in Section 1.1 ) -

A.Rebel SIM Compatibility : Users who previously downloaded the NOBB version of the file may now simply select the option by typing it into the text file before flashing the Zip. Please note that Rebel SIM users are still required to manually Fastboot flash the 2.1 8105 Baseband for compatibility.

B.Launcher Option : Users may now select their default Launcher of choice before installation. The options available are LauncherPro, ADW, Stage UI and GingerBread Launcher. GingerBread launcher is installed by default if nothing is chosen.

C.Pixel/LCD Density : Default LCD Density can be set during Installation. Values available for selection are : 120,140,180,200 and 240 DPI.

D.Other Settings : Other settings available include -

•Volume Boost

( flashes the A Modified kernel with louder volume hack ),

•Tabmail

( installs the Galaxy Tab Email Client port beta 2 instead of stock email client ),

•Teetermod

( installs Teetermod edit to get HTC Teeter working, installs the app and a modified build prop with 240dpi lcd density )

•us120/140/180/200/240 -

(installs build.prop with USA related Region Settings and an LCD Density of 120140/180/200/240)

•bios

( installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation )

•noapps

(this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher)

1.1 > INSTALLATION HOW TO

A. You will need to create a text file on your Streak's MicroSD Card. The file can be created in your Text Editor of choice ( such as Notepad ).

B.This file will be called 'install.txt' - Ensure that this is the exact syntax and that the file is saved with a '.txt' suffix.

C.This file must be saved in the root of the sd card.

E.Inside this text file, you may type each option that you select on a separate line. All the options available to you are listed below. Here is an example :

adwlauncher
volboost
tabmail
bios[/code] That is it. You can save this text file as install.txt You will then boot into recovery ( StreakMod or Clockwork ) and begin the Zip file installation process as usual. [size=5][b]![/b][/size][b] [u]The full list of Options available are as follows[/u] :[/b]
[code]noapps - this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher

adwlauncher - this installs adw launcher and removes the default gingerbread launcher

launcherpro - this installs launcherpro and removes gingerbread launcher

stageui - this installs dells Stage UI and removes the gb launcher

density120 - sets lcd_density to 120 by default

density140 - sets lcd_density to 140 by default

density180 - sets lcd_density to 180 by default

density200 - sets lcd_density to 200 by default

density240 - sets lcd_density to 240 by default

transparent - restores the 1.5.3 transparent statusbar, which is partially disabled by default

nobaseband - installs the required libs for using a rebelsim

volboost - flashes a new super volume boost kernel - now with per page tables kgsl(3d) tweaks, may break gameloft games)

tabmail - installs the Galaxy Tab Email Client port beta 2 instead of stock email client

teetermod - installs teetermod edit to get htc teeter working, installs the app and a modified build prop with 240dpi lcd density

us120 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 120)

us140 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 140)

us160 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 160)

us180 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 180)

us200 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 200)

us240 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 240)

bios - installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation thanks to Fone_Fanatic and Frysee

noswype - removes the preinstalled swype install to allow swype beta to work

zeam - installs the zeam launcher, a free open source launcher designed to be small and fast.

gbkb - installs Gingerbread keyboard instead of stock keyboard, this will cause force close in dictionary settings

perfmod - Enables the 1.6.1 Perfmod Option, disabled by default due to possible problems

novolnoppt - flashes a kernel without the new kgsl(3d) per page table support and normal volume levels - fixes some gameloft games

volnoppt - flashes a kernel without the new kgsl(3d) per page table support AND VOLUME BOOST - fixes some gameloft games

tabletphone - installs the modified dellstreak7 dialer, this causes a graphical bug in recent calls list but works fine

161font - restores the fonts from 1.6.1
2.0 > OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF INSTALLATION PROCESS 1.Download update-1.8.1.zip from the links below 2.Place Zip file into Root of SD Card 3.Make a text file and type in the options you would like to chose as shown above. 4.Save file under SDCard>install.txt 5.Boot into StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery 6.Select Update from Zip File > Select Zip File From SD Card > update-1.8.0.Zip 7.Wait for installation. 8.First Boot may take longer than a normal boot. Things are being installed, stuff is being generated. Patience. 9.Enjoy. Most Recent Version: v1.8.0 Known Issues: Accelerometer is dodgy at times but I cant pin down the issue - usually going into Settings > Display and toggling Auto Rotate on and off fixes ----------------- Changelogs ----------------- UPDATE 23/02/2011 Version 1.8.1 AKA Bug Extermination Edition • Reverted Some changes due to stability • Reverted the 1.5ghz kernel due to issues with wifi. UPDATE 23/02/2011 Version 1.8.0 AKA Chernobyl Meltdown Edition • Reverted back to some of the older libs due to the random bugs • Added honeycomb music player as default • Tablet Phone App looks much nicer • Updated honeycomb music • Added new kernels and install options • Added adhoc wifi support • Added slight changes to statusbar • Reverted to stock phone app due to issues with streak7 one, moved streak7 dialer to installer option instead, this has some graphical bugs but works fine • Added new kernel with 1.5GHz Overclocking Ability !!!! - this may prove unstable so dont use permanently, 3d may also not work at full clock speed - not certain if it is actually overclocking to that speed either • Added option to restore the fonts from 161 in installer • Fixed the huge settings icons UPDATE 05/02/2011 Version 1.7.0 AKA HD7 Edition • Replaced some aging libs and frameworks with new ones from dell 322 offical, probably fix some audio issues • Fixed HDMI output (see note below) • Added GScript • Removed Perfmod by default due to some instability discovered • Added New Keyboard and Langs from official 322 build • Updated all apps to latest • Fixed transparent notification bar to new icons etc • Fixed kang-o-rama live wallpapers • Updated stageui to version from streak 7 (no huge changes though) • Slackerradio from streak 7 added • Removed live wallpapers that are not full screen • FRING FRONT FACING CAMERA SUPPORT HAS BEEN REMOVED PERMANENTLY, START ARGUING WITH FRINGS DEV IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS • Rebuilt theme from scratch, works better now, removed borked batt percentage, • Changed fonts to much nicer looking one • Added microbes live wallpaper • Added fards tweaked libskia libs to fix some websites dying • Hopefully vplayer is now fixed • Facebook sync confirmed working • Tweaked the browser and phone icons to match gb theme :). • Finally managed to fix the phone app in lcd densitys other than 160 - thanks to the dell streak 7 dump for this :P • Added an auto transfer feature to move from 1.6.1 with perfmod to stock 170 without • Reverted Some 3D Tweaks made in 1.6.x causing Gameloft games to fail UPDATE 22/1/2011 Version 1.6.1 AKA ITS OVER 3 THOUSAND • Updated libs to fix oovoo • Updated volboost kernel to new version • Fixed some installer issues • Added gopus battery icon, modified colors • Made settings > about > System Update work for updating streakdroid roms (yes you can check for updates direct from your streak :D • Added a Noswype installer option to remove the preinstalled swype • Added zeam launcher • Fixed fc's in settings • Added HEAVILY Tweaked Performance Mod data2ext Tweak, using just the streaks internal sd card now no need for changing things on external sd • Added an option to install gingerbread keyboard instead of stock keyboard - dictionary settings force closes with gingerbread keyboard installed • Added Live Wallpaper From Nexus S UPDATE 10/1/2011 Version 1.6.0 AKA Install-o-Rama • Added heavily modified advanced installer thanks to kang-o-rama mod for nexus one. • Changed theme to add black statusbar due to transparancy issues • Fring support available through installer • Transparancy available through installer • Changing lcd density available via installer • Baseband/nobaseband via installer • Re-enable old louder volume kernel • Teetermod via installer • Enable galaxy tab email client via installer • USA region settings in build prop via installer • New kernel with some perf changes, cfq reenabled • Bios animation bootscreen chooseable via installer NOTE: for HDMI to work you must run gscript and load the 2 files from your memory card (the rom will of created a gscript folder containingthem) then run the hdmi output on script before trying video, once you are done either reboot or run the hdmi off script this is due to one of the performance tweaks interfering with hdmi
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/code]

[b]also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated [/b]

GBP Donate | USD Donate

Rom Download Links:

Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/update-1.8.1.zip

Mirror 1: http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/update-1.8.1.zip

[size=2][b]IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO UPDATE TO THE BELOW BASEBAND FOR 1.5.1+[/b][/size]

Baseband File Download:

Primary Download Site: http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/amss.mbn

Mirror 1: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn

[b]VPN USERS: TUN.KO IS INCLUDED IN THE ROM ALREADY - LOOK IN /SYSTEM/LIB/MODULES.[/b]

[b]if you have NOT already flashed the dell 2.2 pkg or my 720p fix you need this to fix 720p video - otherwise ignore[/b]

http://downloads.streakdroid.com/testing/dsp1.mbn

flash this using the fastboot command fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

[b][u]Thanks to:[/u][/b]

[b]Everyone for suggesting things they want adding[/b]

Kang-O-Rama Rom Maker for nexus one for allowing me to use his advanced installer

omca & xplanet hosting for providing additional mirrors

ALL the BETA testers who put up with multiple screwed up builds and multiple dell logo freezes to get this working, couldn of done it without you all

android-roms for the mirror

Vinokirk for helping diagnose and sort out 2.1 baseband ril support and gps

Andycap & fards for providing modified Gps.conf

homeiss forthe excellent upgrade/downgrade guide

everyone else for just jumping in and helping each other, thats the true community sprit that makes me do this sort of dev for android and not some other mobile os.

everyone else who helped/is helping

ALL THE TESTERS DESERVE HUGE THANKS FOR THEIR HELP EVERYONE !!

[b]also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated [/b]

GBP Donate | USD Donate

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest ClippinWings
it seems to, i havent seen it myself and none of testers have mentioned it either :huh:

very cool... i finally chalked my inability to get 1.7 working to my absolute stone cold set habit of pressing menu to unlock after using menuunlock for weeks.

Guest lonegungrrly

before this thread gets 10000 posts deep,

Steve, are you planning on adding default portrait as an install option in any of your future builds?? that would be awesome I hate landscape, but I hate the auto rotation ten times more :huh:

Guest Stephen Hyde
before this thread gets 10000 posts deep,

Steve, are you planning on adding default portrait as an install option in any of your future builds?? that would be awesome I hate landscape, but I hate the auto rotation ten times more :huh:

i cant easily do it, the way streak display is designed maked it near impossible to do

Does this build fix the leds? In the last build leds would turn off like on the stock o2 release. I really like it when they just dim but not go completely off. Thanks

Guest mancterrier

Downloading now Ta Steve. Things Im hoping for from this build.

Consistent working GPS. Mines been up and down in reliability and have sometimes had to reboot to get it working again.

Stuff wasnt getting selected in menus. You selected it then when you went back in it was deselected again

Certain apps werent working. ATP tour app as an example...

Ill let you knwo if they are fixed.. :huh:

I forgot to ask if this build fixes the issue with wifi and 3g data not working properly? On the last one if I clear the cache and try it it works but after a reboot it still would not work.

Guest mancterrier

Flashed fine thanks. GPS is still doing that thing though where you select/deselect it and when you go back into menu its not changed.

Tried the ATP tour tennis app and thats not working still either.

Fards seemed to think it was something to do with the lib skia?:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/331...-post/page/360/

posts 368 onwards....

Guest popetodd
Flashed fine thanks. GPS is still doing that thing though where you select/deselect it and when you go back into menu its not changed.

Tried the ATP tour tennis app and thats not working still either.

Fards seemed to think it was something to do with the lib skia?:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/331...-post/page/360/

posts 368 onwards....

Yeah, it needs to have a libskiaGL.so but there is only a libskiagl.so in the file system.

Either create a link (my suggestion) or copy and paste it with the upper case part of the name.

Guest mancterrier
Yeah, it needs to have a libskiaGL.so but there is only a libskiagl.so in the file system.

Either create a link (my suggestion) or copy and paste it with the upper case part of the name.

Any idea how I do that in laymans terms mate? I don't really knowhow to use ADB. Is it as simple as renaming it in root explorer or not?

Guest popetodd
Any idea how I do that in laymans terms mate? I don't really knowhow to use ADB. Is it as simple as renaming it in root explorer or not?

Yup, root explorer yourself to /system/lib, copy then paste then rename.

The usual way.

Guest superutp
yanked OC to 1.5ghz and before I cud blink my eye the streak hung....took off battery, restarted....goes to lock screen and stuck...reflashing now!!

crap!...reflashing didnt work...still stuck at lock screen...

have to go back to 1.7 again and then flash 1.8.0...:huh: