I made a single change to my install.txt from 1.7.0 to add tabletphone

adwlauncher
density140
volboost
bios
zeam
gbkb
tabletphone[/codebox]

When I installed 1.8.0 it gets locked on the Dell Splash screen and is locked. I left it from leaving home at 7:05 till I got to work at 8:15 and it was still locked so tried a fac reset and that didn't work so reverted to 1.7.0

Any ideas guys?

I have just tried editing the install.txt to remove adwlauncher and tabletphone but it has made no difference

I tried resetting though dells reset tool(white screen) & through clockwordmod( clearing cache, data & dalvik).

None of this seems to make any difference

Still stuck at dell logo.

Can we have an example of an install.txt that has worked please

Guest stoney1973
I tried resetting though dells reset tool(white screen) & through clockwordmod( clearing cache, data & dalvik).

My install.txt is as follows:

volboost

adwlauncher

bios

161font

noswype

Generally, choosing 'bios' is a good way to see if the install.txt has taken. Though of course the install has to reach that point first.

What rom are you upgrading from?

Guest anthscorner

Updated last night, no problems here's my install.txt

adwlauncher

volboost

noswype

perfmod

tabletphone

Hope it helps.

My install.txt is as follows:

volboost

adwlauncher

bios

161font

noswype

Generally, choosing 'bios' is a good way to see if the install.txt has taken. Though of course the install has to reach that point first.

What rom are you upgrading from?

Upgrading from 1.70 which was originally installed from 1.5.1

I am going from 1.7.0 as well.....

Just seems weird that it will hang.....take it all you guys are using UK sourced(o2) streaks?

standard 02 uk dell streak

Finally got it to work

changed the options in the install.txt :-

BIOS

perfmod

tabletphone

seemed to work.

Maybe it needs bios now else wont go any further?

Guest anthscorner
I am going from 1.7.0 as well.....

Just seems weird that it will hang.....take it all you guys are using UK sourced(o2) streaks?

No mine was sim free from Dell.

Been running all versions of Streakdroid, I have tried the official builds 318, 319 & 322 for a laugh :huh:

When moving back from the official builds I always use 309 recovery then Streakmod to update to Steve's rom.

Guest pompeyboyz
standard 02 uk dell streak

Finally got it to work

changed the options in the install.txt :-

BIOS

perfmod

tabletphone

seemed to work.

Maybe it needs bios now else wont go any further?

Defo not bios as that is in my install.txt

Guest anthscorner
Anyone else getting a fc upon selecting an album in honeycomb music player?

Also what's jumpertest all about ?

volboost

tabmail

bios

I used the system update route from settings very slick. Went from 1.7

re: FC on music player. I get it when it's loading all the albums, however if I slide (top right) to list rather than detail, it doesn't happen. I can play music no problems after that.

Ta,

Anthony.

Guest pjg_pigeon
re: FC on music player. I get it when it's loading all the albums, however if I slide (top right) to list rather than detail, it doesn't happen. I can play music no problems after that.

Ta,

Anthony.

Its working much better, I just removed the older version of music mod.

Guest LorD CLockaN

Just flashed with this options:

perfmod

gbkb

noswype

volboost

and everything works OK without factory reset! went from 1.6.1 to 1.8.0 directly! great stuff for now!!

Guest Roperband
Just flashed with this options:

perfmod

gbkb

noswype

volboost

and everything works OK without factory reset! went from 1.6.1 to 1.8.0 directly! great stuff for now!!

How is the perfmod working for you?

Guest Brucealeg

HI all,

I just upgraded to 1.8.0 and I am having an issue where my phone reboots or crashes, mostly when idle/screen off, and I am not sure why. On 1.7.0 I had the wifi/3G data issues, so I went back to 1.6.1 - then up to 1.8.0. The OS runs perfect while I am using it, no forced crashes or issues on any apps that I've seen. My phone will sit next to me and BAM it's rebooting.

I've completely backed of all setcpu settings. I've cleared the cache and daklvik and I've reflashed 1.80 with NO perfmod to see if that was the culprit. It still wants to reboot here and there. This is my 2nd phone and I keep it pretty basic, no weird or oddball apps or mods.

Anyone have an idea of what I could try?

Bruce

Guest dwnhllfreak
HI all,

I just upgraded to 1.8.0 and I am having an issue where my phone reboots or crashes, mostly when idle/screen off, and I am not sure why. On 1.7.0 I had the wifi/3G data issues, so I went back to 1.6.1 - then up to 1.8.0. The OS runs perfect while I am using it, no forced crashes or issues on any apps that I've seen. My phone will sit next to me and BAM it's rebooting.

I've completely backed of all setcpu settings. I've cleared the cache and daklvik and I've reflashed 1.80 with NO perfmod to see if that was the culprit. It still wants to reboot here and there. This is my 2nd phone and I keep it pretty basic, no weird or oddball apps or mods.

Anyone have an idea of what I could try?

Bruce

Do you have wifi on? I get reboots from time to time when I have it on.

Guest tellisnz

I just had a weird thing where both sides of a conversation were echoed? Tried on two different calls, both same problem. After reboot, no more echo. Anyone else experienced this? Using stock dialer app (i.e. no tabletphone in install.txt).

Guest baastien

Hi,

Great job Steve with this dialer, right now it is nice the way it is ! And the tiny display bug is acceptable to me.

My feeling is that previous stock music player needs less RAM and I had also experienced FC with this 7'' music player.

How to get back to stock 5'' music player ? Just replace the Music.apk in the /system/app or is there other things to change ? Thank you for you help.

Cheers

Edited by baastien

Guest Stephen Hyde

its a bit weird still, and NOT ALL DEVICES WILL OVERCLOCK THE SAME AMOUNT!! also anyone seeing issues above 1.2 now is because 1.2+ actually clock correctly previosuly they were not actually overclocking correctly

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hi,

Great job Steve with this dialer, right now it is nice the way it is ! And the tiny display bug is acceptable to me.

My feeling is that previous stock music player needs less RAM and I had also experienced FC with this 7'' music player.

How to get back to stock 5'' music player ? Just replace the Music.apk in the /system/app or is there other things to change ? Thank you for you help.

Cheers

their should be a musicapk file in the /system/app, just delete the current music.apk and rename that one to music.apk to restore the old one :huh:

Guest baastien
their should be a musicapk file in the /system/app, just delete the current music.apk and rename that one to music.apk to restore the old one :huh:

brilliant ! thanks a lot !

EDIT : after a view in system/app I don't see musicapk file. Anyway according to your answer Steve, it's just a matter of .apk, so I will pick the one in 1.7.0 ROM and say something if it do not works as expected.

cheers

Edited by baastien

Guest LorD CLockaN
its a bit weird still, and NOT ALL DEVICES WILL OVERCLOCK THE SAME AMOUNT!! also anyone seeing issues above 1.2 now is because 1.2+ actually clock correctly previosuly they were not actually overclocking correctly

I've noticed the difference.. now there isn' 1150mhz to chose from.. that was my 24/7 freq