StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest User Error
HI all,

I just upgraded to 1.8.0 and I am having an issue where my phone reboots or crashes, mostly when idle/screen off, and I am not sure why. On 1.7.0 I had the wifi/3G data issues, so I went back to 1.6.1 - then up to 1.8.0. The OS runs perfect while I am using it, no forced crashes or issues on any apps that I've seen. My phone will sit next to me and BAM it's rebooting.

I've completely backed of all setcpu settings. I've cleared the cache and daklvik and I've reflashed 1.80 with NO perfmod to see if that was the culprit. It still wants to reboot here and there. This is my 2nd phone and I keep it pretty basic, no weird or oddball apps or mods.

Anyone have an idea of what I could try?

Bruce

mine was doing the same, i did a factory reset @ dell screen, factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache on streakmod recovery screen and reflashed and have had no issues since.

Need some advise.

Trying to use the tablet email client.

Can set the imap up for the gmail account but it doesnt pull across any emails.

When i try to update to get the mail it FC's

Anything i can do to sort this?

Guest goodwoodone

Hi Steve absolutely fabulous rom so far no lockups or issues satnav works good even did two runs in quadrant @ 1500 oc speed and got 2700 mark using perfmod and no 3d page tables 2nd run of the two quadrant score was down to about 2500 so did not fancy a real meltdown so backed off clock speed but @ 1500 did not notice any strange "realworld" behaviour so once again thanks

Install went just fine from 1.6.1 to 1.8.0.

I do have one issue though: The ability to resize widgets seems to have been either moved or removed. Anyone else having trouble resizing widgets?

Guest Brucealeg
Do you have wifi on? I get reboots from time to time when I have it on.

Yes, my wifi is on. I don't want to turn it off, so i hope wifi isn't the culprit to the reboots.

Guest Brucealeg
mine was doing the same, i did a factory reset @ dell screen, factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache on streakmod recovery screen and reflashed and have had no issues since.

I've done all of that but they factory. I was trying to avoid that because I did not want to reinstall my apps.

If you do a factory reset to clear a bad app, cache or problem XYZ out. Is there a safe process to backup apps and restore them without risking recreating the problem condition? nandbackup seems like a total backup and that it would restore you OS and all to the point in time it was taken? I feel like I don't hear good things about Titanium ability to backup and restore apps between rom updates? Is there a safe process?

Anyhow, I've read up on things that seem to be causing issues for people and reinstalled setcpu to clear it out and removed Widget Locker (lock screen) and so far I've went 2 1/2 hours without a reboot. I assume a factory reset is really just clearing things out, if you're able to find the culprit - thats just as good. I'll report back later today if this seems to have gotten it for me. If not, I'll head the factory reset direction.

Bruce

Guest zeroshero

Same rebooting problem here. Factory reset fixed it.

Guest zeroshero
I've done all of that but they factory. I was trying to avoid that because I did not want to reinstall my apps.

If you do a factory reset to clear a bad app, cache or problem XYZ out. Is there a safe process to backup apps and restore them without risking recreating the problem condition? nandbackup seems like a total backup and that it would restore you OS and all to the point in time it was taken? I feel like I don't hear good things about Titanium ability to backup and restore apps between rom updates? Is there a safe process?

Anyhow, I've read up on things that seem to be causing issues for people and reinstalled setcpu to clear it out and removed Widget Locker (lock screen) and so far I've went 2 1/2 hours without a reboot. I assume a factory reset is really just clearing things out, if you're able to find the culprit - thats just as good. I'll report back later today if this seems to have gotten it for me. If not, I'll head the factory reset direction.

Bruce

I used titanium backup to restore my apps.

Guest Brucealeg
I used titanium backup to restore my apps.

Thanks, I'll do the same. I was able to make it crash just now by turning wifi off. HSPDA kicked in and the phone locked up and then rebooted. I'm going to backup apps and then wipe.

Guest ClippinWings

couldn't get wifi working last night...

would say it was connected but couldn't load a webpage or use the connection for anything.

Had full signal, 5 feet from my router.

anyone have similar problem?

I have no wifi at work to test any changes :huh:

US160

Bios

volnoppt

Guest mancterrier
I went to this link which u had mentioned

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/331...-post/page/360/

downloaded the two lib files....

dropped them into dropbox..

used root explorer and pasted them in system/lib

restarted...

things like wikipedia work so does GPS....

Thanks for that. The apps finally working! Only prob now is handcent is FC'ing and wont open lol

Edit - reintalled Handcent and working fine. Honeycomb music player isn't making a sound now when playing LOL

Edited by mancterrier

Guest superutp

would say it was connected but couldn't load a webpage or use the connection for anything.

US160

Bios

volnoppt

not very similar but sometimes my Wi-fi stops working on its own....need to switch it off n switch it on again...

Thanks, I'll do the same. I was able to make it crash just now by turning wifi off. HSPDA kicked in and the phone locked up and then rebooted. I'm going to backup apps and then wipe.

I've had nothing but trouble with titanium myself when trying to backup and restore apps between roms, so no longer use it.

Trouble is, there's no alternative solution, as far as I know.

Guest alert_bri
I've had nothing but trouble with titanium myself when trying to backup and restore apps between roms, so no longer use it.

Trouble is, there's no alternative solution, as far as I know.

If you just use it to restore apps without data or system settings, it works fine. Saves a lot of time having to download all your apps again.

Cheers

Brian

Guest Brucealeg

Ok - factory reset seems to have killed the reboots so far. Titanium failed to restore data with apps, so they all had to be setup again. What a let down on the backup / restore front. I even tried it after I got phone mostly working again and I could not backup IRC app then restore without plugging all my settings back in. A couple apps seem to have updated with data ok, just a couple.

Is there something better out there?

Guest Brucealeg

Factory restore and now swype doesn't work. Spent an hour setting phone up and getting apps right, go to switch and Swype wont activate. The normal option to enable Swype in language and KB is missing. I apple the 1.8.0 update again and phone comes up like another factory restore has been done. I'm currently going back to my restore on 1.6.1.

Not sure why 1.7.1 and 1.8.0 (wifi) have been probmatic for me, all the releases before that were great. It feels like something has changed. I wish I could achieve the success of others, but if I can't update a fresh intall with 1.8.0 without issue I have to believe something in the process is wrong?

Guest vinokirk

Sold my Streak today :D

After 8 months of an amazing device, I just got a little too tired of the sticky lock screens and daily random resets. I'm sure it was just my unit at fault, it's been the same since day one. But I can tell you it wouldve been sold a lot sooner if it wasn't for the great work of Steve :). I have a spare USB cable, case and screen protector if anybody wants them, PM me :P Once again, many thanks Steve :huh:

Guest pjg_pigeon

For anyone with problems using h/comb music player. I have fixed my issues of no artwork or albums appearing to have no tracks associated with them by :-

A. Uninstalling old music mod app

B. Clear data from settings, applications, manage applications for the new h/comb music app

Hope this helps others

Edited by pjg_pigeon

Guest stoney1973
Sold my Streak today :D

After 8 months of an amazing device, I just got a little too tired of the sticky lock screens and daily random resets. I'm sure it was just my unit at fault, it's been the same since day one. But I can tell you it wouldve been sold a lot sooner if it wasn't for the great work of Steve :). I have a spare USB cable, case and screen protector if anybody wants them, PM me :P Once again, many thanks Steve :huh:

Thats a shame, but can understand why. Why have/are you getting? thinking about selling my streak now, before the price drops much more, and seeing what the tablets are going to be priced at.

Though have been thinking about it for a cpl of weeks now, and I still havent actioned anything, apart from flashing 1.8.0 last night.

Great job.... Thanks

I have had zero issues running it today. Battery life is so much better now from the 1.6 I was on 10 days ago....

I would agree with another poster earlier... I like the Dialer now.

1.6 Factory -> 1.7.0 - 10 days ago

1.7.0 straight to 1.8.0 all settings intact, was great.....

Guest cowballz
Thats a shame, but can understand why. Why have/are you getting? thinking about selling my streak now, before the price drops much more, and seeing what the tablets are going to be priced at.

Though have been thinking about it for a cpl of weeks now, and I still havent actioned anything, apart from flashing 1.8.0 last night.

dont kick your self in the ars when.honeycomb comes.out from.steve if u sell it :huh:

its a bit weird still, and NOT ALL DEVICES WILL OVERCLOCK THE SAME AMOUNT!! also anyone seeing issues above 1.2 now is because 1.2+ actually clock correctly previosuly they were not actually overclocking correctly

yes. a hair over 1.2 will freeze. Previously it worked.

Also, when trying to add an album to a playlist i get "addtoplaylist not implemented".

I have some battery issues as well. When I was using it today it went from 50% left to 1% in the span of a minute. I turned off the phone and tried to reset the battery stats but it wouldn't let me because I had too low of battery. I plugged it in and was then able to reset the stats. Reboot and found I was at 43%. Very strange.

Also I've found that my streak will not charge if the battery is below 10% if it is off. I few times I've turned it off and went to bed with 1-9% remaining. When I wake up it is still under 10%. Any ideas as to how I'd fix this battery problem.

Guest madmax85812

US160

Bios

volnoppt

try goin into settings > wireless & networks > wi-fi settings (wi-fi should be off) > *press menu button and go into* advanced > regulatory domain, a menu wil popup. select '11 channels' > reboot & c if it works.

i had this problem with 1.7.0. its gt sumthng to do with streakdroids not working with more thn 11 channels on wifi.