Switching from Acer Liquid S100 to Metal !!!

Guest MisfitGeek

Guest MisfitGeek

My Liquid is very cool (with LCR) but I always find the case very poor.

So I decided to switch to a Metal (Silver).

I'll try the Vache's tool (recovery)...

First set of questions:

* could I use Titanium to get back parameters for apps I have on my current liquid? Not system parms but only installed apps (games saves, apps settings and other stuff of this kind)?

* Is it usefull to have Ext2 on Metal? for S100 it's great because memory is a bit small (256), but Metal brings twice (512)...

* Is there only Vache ROM???

* why Modaco doesn't open a group dedicated to Metal??? I can see other dedicated groups with less tha 10 subject... Not fun, Metal is at the bottom, it should have its place just after other liquid!

See you soon!

My Liquid is very cool (with LCR) but I always find the case very poor.

So I decided to switch to a Metal (Silver).

I'll try the Vache's tool (recovery)...

First set of questions:

* could I use Titanium to get back parameters for apps I have on my current liquid? Not system parms but only installed apps (games saves, apps settings and other stuff of this kind)?

* Is it usefull to have Ext2 on Metal? for S100 it's great because memory is a bit small (256), but Metal brings twice (512)...

* Is there only Vache ROM???

* why Modaco doesn't open a group dedicated to Metal??? I can see other dedicated groups with less tha 10 subject... Not fun, Metal is at the bottom, it should have its place just after other liquid!

See you soon!

Hi new metal user,

1. Yes you should be able to save your settings from your Liquid to restore them on the Metal.

2. ROM and RAM are different, apps/data/dalvik are not stored on RAM, so switching from 256Mo to 512Mo won't change anything. Ext2 can be usefull cause the amount of ROM in the Metal is the same as the Liquid (512Mo). It's quickly full.

3. Nop. Other ROM's : tomsmod - t&l_Metal

4. According to Paul, Metal section will be created next week. Stay tuned.

MisfitGeek,

I did the migration from Liquid/LCR-F 2.0 to Metal/Metalounay 1.2.1 using my SD (containing titanium backup) from my liquid to restore some apps and data to my metal.

I had no problem at all; but it is true that I just restored data and apps only for apps which where missing after installation of metalounay (but I allways did the same way for my Liquid/LCR)

To Vache,

Metalounay is great but I have a small request :huh:: is there any chance to have the circle battery into framework in next version (I definitively like it; as I have on my liquid/LCR-F) ?

Anyway, that's a great ROM et en plus faite par un Francais (and more, provided by french man) :)

Cheers,

Stéph.

Metal/RecoveryMT 1.1-Metalounay 1.2.1

Liquid/Malez Recovery-LCR-F 2.0

E130/just rooted; didn't find any roms&reco for it :P

Guest MisfitGeek

We're on a 100% French topic :huh:

Happy to read that it'll be so easy.

I love circle battery from LCR too. With LCR 2.0 I'm using Gingerbread theme and battery icon shows % but unreadable: white cars on green or yellow, terrific! But if I can live without circle bat, I hope ther's something like LCR setting to remove adds... I hate these stupids adds and my data plan is 150mb/month...

With a bit of luck my MT will come this week-end...