Ydnaroo

Defy Wet Use

Ydnaroo    0

Hi

I'm looking at the Moto Defy as my next phone (hopefully when the price drops below 200UKP). The main non-phone use for my device will be as a back-up navigation aid for use while hill walking in the UK. Can anyone who has used the phone in a wet environment confirm that the capacitive touch screen works reliably when it is damp/wet? Any info will be appreciated.

Cheers - Andy

nvkid909    4

It is designed to be OK for taking calls in the rain.

But if you need to use the touchscreen (more than just to answer a call) then yeah you need to wipe the rain off first.

I can't stand smudges so I carry a small cloth anyways.

Never had probs walking about town using it in rain, but then you're talking about heavy persistant rain while using it longer. I would still try to 'shelter' it so the water on the screen doesn't interfere with using the screen.

Ydnaroo    0
It is designed to be OK for taking calls in the rain............

Thank you for the reply. This is much as I expected. My current ZTE Blade seems to work reasonable well (but not perfectly) in a waterproof pouch but if I use it without, the touch screen is very unresponsive when wet.

Thanks again - Andy

Edited by Ydnaroo