Are new Blades being sold with +Vol + Power Disabled?

Guest cmberry20

Guest cmberry20

Been reading a lot of threads recently that people cant install Fastboot/SuperUser & therefore Clockwork recovery because the +Vol & Power-on has been disabled.

Is this true? And if so does this apply to New San Fransicos sold in the UK?

If it has been disabled whats the easiest way of getting Clockwork recovery installed on the phone.

Cheers

Well, what I thought of first would be getting com.modaco.reboot from MoDaCo's r12's /system/app/, it allows you to reboot into Recovery, Fastboot, or normal.

But now I'm not sure if you are be able to root your phone properly beforehand... :huh:

There HAS to be some way for getting into those, though... because someone has to do it.

EDIT: someone from the other thread has the same problem, one would do a TPT to enable back the functionality (so this is clearly a ROM issue)

Edited by Kuraj

Guest rbbrslmn
Well, what I thought of first would be getting com.modaco.reboot from MoDaCo's r12's /system/app/, it allows you to reboot into Recovery, Fastboot, or normal.

But now I'm not sure if you are be able to root your phone properly beforehand... :huh:

universal androot and quick boot app from the market would let you do it, surely?

universal androot and quick boot app from the market would let you do it, surely?

I had problems with universal androot, had to use that desktop app, but it requires you to install correct drivers (which requires you to get into fastboot)

why so complicated ?

unlock it , then do the TPT JJ9 update. all problems solved.

now you can upgrade to clockworkmod 3.0.0.6 and install cyanogen.

if unlock dialog doent appear than do the TPT JJ9 flash after this the stock UK TFT , unlock and move on with clockwork and cyanogen.

no need to root or fastboot.

Been reading a lot of threads recently that people cant install Fastboot/SuperUser & therefore Clockwork recovery because the +Vol & Power-on has been disabled.

Is this true? And if so does this apply to New San Fransicos sold in the UK?

If it has been disabled whats the easiest way of getting Clockwork recovery installed on the phone.

Cheers

I received a TFT (B10 firmware) from carphonewarehouse, my third (the previous two were OLED), and yes volume up key does not work anymore, if you try it you end just doing a normal boot. I found the answer in one of the threads here but can't remember where, however, this is what you need:

1. First you need to make sure 'adb' is working properly with your phone. If you haven't done that already follow any of the guides on this forum.

2. Boot your phone normally and then connect your USB cable. Make sure your OS recognises the device properly under adb, using the 'adb devices' command. Also make sure USB debugging is enabled. Then once connected to your phone normally issue an 'adb reboot bootloader', this will reboot your phone into bootloader; note: leave USB cable connected to your computer during the phone reboot. Once rebooted into bootloader you can now use the normal fastboot command to flash the recovery image. Now you're back to normal.

Note, have a good read through the forums cause apparently some people have complained that 2.2 roms all result with a blue tint on this TFT version, but obviously you can always go back to stock. Sebastian404 has this latest B10 firmware on his site if you need it. It will also contain the stock boot and recovery images so once loaded your phone will be exactly as it came from Orange, apart from the unlock if you've done that ofcourse.

Hope this helps.

Can confirm, that Vol+ is not working anymore for getting into fastboot on one I've bought 2 weeks ago in Germany.

Vol- for getting into FTM still works.

Edited by MrEasy

Guest cmberry20

Actually, I've had my San Francisco since the first week it was out. Best phone i've ever had!!

I telling as many people i know to get one because its the best phone on the market for value & features.

So, I've been flashing/installing custom ROMs on a lot of Blades over the last couple of months so I want to know if new ones have changed. Need to keep upto date with changes thats being going on.

Can confirm, that Vol+ is not working anymore for getting into fastboot on one I've bought 2 weeks ago in Germany.

Vol- for getting into FTM still works.

That's good since we can use that to get into clockwork once installed.

Guest JimJam707

Sounds like my Blade. I just used Universal Androot to root it and then Recovery Manager to install clockwork.

How do I get into Clockwork though? I've been using adb reboot recovery

Edit: Never mind. Just read that it was Vol - and Power.

Pretty :huh: about no fastboot.

Edited by JimJam707

Sounds like my Blade. I just used Universal Androot to root it and then Recovery Manager to install clockwork.

How do I get into Clockwork though? I've been using adb reboot recovery

Edit: Never mind. Just read that it was Vol - and Power.

Pretty :huh: about no fastboot.

You do have fastboot, just not by holding volume + & power on. There are a few other ways to get into fastboot mode, you just need root.

adb reboot bootloader

Guest JimJam707
You do have fastboot, just not by holding volume + & power on. There are a few other ways to get into fastboot mode, you just need root.

adb reboot bootloader

Ah that's cool then.