fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_v1.1 - custom rom

Guest fear_factory84

Guest fear_factory84
Only update, no full rom?

Full rom would cause wipe of all, tomorrow I will provide it too.

Just a warning.

I applied the patches 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and gingerbread theme and my data was wiped. Don't know which patch wiped it.

Probably you installed full 0.2 rom, it wipes all, written more explicitly on first post. Sorry..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Duke of Hazard

Fear congrats,this is the best rom for now. Tried all roms here and yours is the best for smothness, all hardware working, battery draining.

What else do I need? I miss terribly a notification power control widget like CM one. Please please please man, can you manage to add this patch to this almost PERFECT rom?? If you do it I guess I have found my ideal rom. Thanks

Guest siggey
Fear congrats,this is the best rom for now. Tried all roms here and yours is the best for smothness, all hardware working, battery draining.

What else do I need? I miss terribly a notification power control widget like CM one. Please please please man, can you manage to add this patch to this almost PERFECT rom?? If you do it I guess I have found my ideal rom. Thanks

Does old app2sd (EXT) work?

Guest fear_factory84

I miss cyanogen power controls too, the one in notification area, and the one as widget.. But I don't know how to insert them.. or at least I think that they need big modifications in framework, and since we don't have acer sources, no sources = no mod :D

If anyone knows how to do it, help is welcome!!

In addition I am disappointed by long standing bugs in acer roms:

- proximity sensor that drain battery after it's activated

- my car bluetooth headset (hfp) makes the display power on at time intervals (doesn't happen on cm7)

- some gl apps don't work at all, like sygic aura (works on cm7)

So maybe the only solution is to fix things on cm7, and throw away acer based roms.. but still that's not the time as there are still many issues with it.

Guest HustlinDaily
In addition I am disappointed by long standing bugs in acer roms:

- proximity sensor that drain battery after it's activated

Try using a SetCPU Profile to put the processor at 245MHz when the screen is off. Can't solve the problem but could potentially make it less of a problem right?

Could help lower the battery drain. I did that Tuesday night and so far have yet to notice any major effect on battery drain.

Edited by HustlinDaily

Guest The Duke of Hazard

After one day and one night always on with data connection activated and using a lot internet i still have 35% of battery available with this rom. INCREDIBLE!!! please devs, help fear adding a bit more features to this rom!!! Like the notification power control widget!

Guest fear_factory84
After 3 days of perfect work, I turn off the phone. When I turn it on, I get bootloop. Strange.

Do you use app2sd? In general bootloops happen when it cannot mount ext2 partition..

Grab a logcat if this happens again.

I flashed this ROM. It worked great. But battery drained too fast to me.

Just my own experience.......

Do you had proximity sensor enabled? (it's on by default) Known problem as I said..

Guest siggey
Do you use app2sd? In general bootloops happen when it cannot mount ext2 partition..

Do you had proximity sensor enabled? (it's on by default) Known problem as I said..

Yes I use app2sd... If it happens again sure that I send you a logcat.

Thx for your attention..

Guest vikings123

Sorry, I did not check that option at all.

So it must be the proximity sensor.

Tnx! I will try it later. Tons of big quake imageries waiting for me.

Guest fear_factory84
Yes I use app2sd... If it happens again sure that I send you a logcat.

Thx for your attention..

major problem in old style app2sd is the fact that there is no good way to unmount partition at shutdown or reboot, so sometimes there is the need of a e2fsck -f. This fortunately it's not frequent. From recovery you could do that fsck and resolve the probelm if this is the case.

I asked darktremor (the one who made the famous a2sd script) if there is a solution, it said that you could only try to use ext3 or ext4, but always unmount is not done on shutdown/reboot.

Guest Lens_flare

Used oc_with_mt_new. Dunno what version it is, but it works fine, 1%/h or something like that.

Great work, Fear, best Acer-based rom at least for Acer android 2.1 white theme, love it!

Guest vikings123
Used oc_with_mt_new. Dunno what version it is, but it works fine, 1%/h or something like that.

Great work, Fear, best Acer-based rom at least for Acer android 2.1 white theme, love it!

OK, I will give it a shot later.

Guest fear_factory84

I still have to try it.. no time to play with liquid in these days...

Perhaps it could be nice to see why it drains battery and if it does it for all of us......

Battery stats when it drains battery?

I used Stock OC v.5

But battery drains very fast, 5% per hour.

Guest fear_factory84
cell phone -50%

always..

and if you click on cell phone details what are the stats? Have you been without signal for some time?

Maybe it's the fast dormancy patch ritchen applied on its kernel, perhaps he has not updated it since some weeks..

Guest Lens_flare

I have stable phone connection(Tele2)..

How fast dormancy can affect cell connection?

Edited by Lens_flare