fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_v1.1 - custom rom

Guest fear_factory84

Guest fear_factory84
I have stable phone connection(Tele2)..

How fast dormancy can affect cell connection?

maybe radio code hangs in some ways and drains battery searching for the cell or something similar... but these are only my thoughts nothing sure................................................

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fear_factory84
Somebody could explain me how to change acer phone / contacts with AOSP ones?

you should see how lcr-setting app does this.. I'm not sure but there are some apks that are replaced in /system/app like Contacts.apk. I'm fine with acer ones so I've never seen how to do it..

I'm trying ritchen's choco kernel, I need to repack it with my ramdisk, so If I'm successful I'll upload a pack to be flashed on top of fear_4.008.08_EMEA.VFIT.

Next I would like to update system apk with new app versions and repack it as version 0.4.

Guest HustlinDaily

AWESOME! Looking forward to it.

I do have a question.

I recently have been hit by the call bug (the one where after every reboot, the first call you make has your mic disabled until you hit the mute/unmute button). I am wondering, have you too been hit by this bug? I had it before I overclocked the processor so pretty sure that it isn't related to a custom kernel (unless I flashed a kernel and forgot about it).

A fix for the bug has been discussed here- http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...Owner%20Summary but I can't find the AudioFilter.csv file in /etc. Do you know where I can find it? Thanks in advance.

Guest fear_factory84

Hi,

I haven't got this bug, but perhaps I haven't done so much audio calls, but you can try the fix proposed with lcr-f. If the AudioFilter.csv file is missing it uses defaults (I think..).

I've downloaded the lcr-f 2.0 AudioFilter.csv, fixed OB to 0B. Here is the file...

push it with 'adb remount; adb push AudioFilter.csv /system/etc/AudioFilter.csv' reboot and try to see if it works..

ps: the attachment was missing, it refused to attach a .csv, so now I've gzipped it.. please gunzip it before use :)

AWESOME! Looking forward to it.

I do have a question.

I recently have been hit by the call bug (the one where after every reboot, the first call you make has your mic disabled until you hit the mute/unmute button). I am wondering, have you too been hit by this bug? I had it before I overclocked the processor so pretty sure that it isn't related to a custom kernel (unless I flashed a kernel and forgot about it).

A fix for the bug has been discussed here- http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...Owner%20Summary but I can't find the AudioFilter.csv file in /etc. Do you know where I can find it? Thanks in advance.

AudioFilter.csv.gz

Edited by fear_factory84

Guest fear_factory84

Repacked chocolate kernel by ritchen is up on first post, feel free to test it.

There is also a zip to revert it and go back to stock kernel.

It has oc, compcache, tun/tap support, cifs support.

All credits go to ritchen, thepasto, koudelka, roggin and all the people who made this kernel possible. I only repacked it with the ramdisk of this rom (init.d and old app2sd support).

Edited by fear_factory84

Guest HustlinDaily

Thank you so much fear for the ROM (my fav ROM, so smooth) and the AudioFilter.csv. Flashed it, haven't tested it yet (will as soon as I need to make or receive a call lol).

As far as the Chocolate kernel goes, do things like Bluetooth, USB tethering, WiFi tethering, Prox sensor work? Or will it be like Gingerbread?

Thanks in advance.

Guest fear_factory84
Hi, I updated the boot.img to v1fix and added the "compcache" binary to make it available (it was greyed out in Liquid Settings). Here it is (if I could not post this I'll edit the post): http://www.multiupload.com/NZ2HV7OCFV.

BTW, thanks for this ROM :)

great, link is added to first post.. I forgot that liquid settings uses cyanogenmod compcache script..

Guest The Duke of Hazard
great, link is added to first post.. I forgot that liquid settings uses cyanogenmod compcache script..

Hey fear :-) news for the notification power control widget?? Now it's the onlything missing on your great rom!

Guest fear_factory84
Hey fear :-) news for the notification power control widget?? Now it's the onlything missing on your great rom!

nope, I think there is no way to add it..

Guest sundawg

widgetsoid is a better option for power notification widget plus u can customize it, as ur requirement..and its free check Android Market....hope that helps :)

Guest treyguitar
widgetsoid is a better option for power notification widget plus u can customize it, as ur requirement..and its free check Android Market....hope that helps :)

True but widgetsoid eats a lot of ram.... anyway I'm using it now on this rom.

Guest reno3d

:) Hi, i flashed last kernel (fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_ritchen_chocolate_kernel_v1fix.zip repacked by PhoenixWright) and a2sd old metod worked very well, but WiFi was broken!

Edited by reno3d

Guest fear_factory84
:D Hi, i flashed last kernel (fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_ritchen_chocolate_kernel_v1fix.zip repacked by PhoenixWright) and a2sd old metod worked very well, but WiFi was broken!

It works for me. Please post me a logcat to be able to debug your problem.

Would be great with app2sd+..

What is app2sd+?

Battery drains more in .08 rom then the earlier one i.e .14 emea.. :mellow: :o

I'm trying to use this rom on top of 4.002.14 radio (flash 4.002.14 acer's bin, and then fear_4.008.08 on top of it, no overclock kernel). It seems that results are good.

I think that sometimes the radio firmware included in 4.008.08 drains the battery more. Probably when signal is low, and switching between 2g and 3g is involved.

Proximity sensor is also the first drainer, disable it in phone calls. Perhaps there are apps that enable it, I don't know how to force them to not use it. I also tried to remove the proximity permissions xml file.

If anyone has a solution, I will be glad.

Another question, did the prox sensor worked well on android 1.6 and/or 2.1 acer bins?

Guest gnufabio
I'm working on an update that includes darktremor instead of malez app2sd....

Anyone knows how to get /system/app apks showed and updated in market?

Why don't you move them to /data/app?

Guest fear_factory84
Why don't you move them to /data/app?

reduce space used in /data and give some apps installed by default to rom user....