• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Get creative and WIN a Core i7 PC, Core i7 laptops or Vega tablets with Advent and MoDaCo!

126 posts in this topic

Posted

very nice comp!

Posted

Thinking cap is on :(

Posted

God Damnit Dixons Retail, You're getting good ! :(

If I could quite simply make a simple nomination, The Vega Tools by Solidare are Amazing, The custom roms are Amazing, the fact that there's a number of people trying to get Ubuntu and Honeycomb on to our humble devices is Amazing.

This community is Amazing, and it's nice to see a huge corporation recognising that. That's amazing, Thank You!

Posted

Does anyone think my AOSP 2.3 vendor for the vega counts as a tweak or my Repartition method to get more /data space ?

Posted

so, by posting this im entered in for the lottery? lol

I think so, yes.

The Vega does look very nice, but I just don't have any device budget right now.

Posted

Great competition. Good luck, everybody!

Posted

Another great bit of work by Paul.

Posted

THIS IS MY POST, it has wings... (also Paul is awesome)

Posted

Strange point, but the Core i7 laptop linked here is actually listed as an i5 processor on the website?

Posted

Would love to enter just can't think of a decent app to dev :(

Posted

Excellent competition - just back from a week in a cheap hotel room in Germany - being able to plug my Vega into the HDMI socket on the TV and watch some series I had missed was awesome!

Good luck to all (but a bit more to me) :(

Posted

much respect to Advent

Posted (edited)

Ok, so I post here for the lottery. I am in competition 4 now I guess.

Edited by beegee1962

Posted

could do with another vega as my partner seems to have nicked it!!!and she wanted an ipad instead but likes android now :(

Posted

Well done Paul and Advent and good luck everyone :(

Posted

Wow a lottery!

I love this XD

Posted

Nice to see a company offering support such as this to a (great) third party community site :(

Posted

Wow, really pleased advent want to encourage the forum and back it up with prizes. I have wanted one of these from day one, but never really had enough cash to go for it. Posting in hope of a win.

Thanks Advent and MoDaCo

Posted

Wish i was creative enuff to enter one of the comps but my limit is changing my launcher with adw...not exactly world shattering development!!

Posted

My entry post right here... Woohoo!

Posted

Heres an app idea for somebody, port Thunderbird client over to Android, that would be awesome for the vega, eish my coding skills were up to the job

I know potentially mozilla are looking at this but, it would be cool to have it now, oh and VLC for android

Posted

May not be a tweak to the Vega as such but I found Swiss Knife V3 to convert an old HDD from NTFS to fat32. I've effectively got 120gB of storage which my Vega reads from when in USB host mode. God I love this wee thing...

Posted

Hiya all!

Wow, I just brought a Vega, but could always do with another.

Many thanks for the rom and chance to win some thing.

Posted

Very surprised advent are supporting the forum like this, well done.

And thanks.

Posted

well i am unemployed and cannot afford an advent so heres my entry i hope :D