• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Have an app / widget / tweak you'd like someone to develop?

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Post it in here!

P

Posted · Report post

Have to say I would love it if someone was. Able to sort out a chaange to the kernel to allow booting to cwm via a key press

Posted · Report post

Have to say I would love it if someone was. Able to sort out a chaange to the kernel to allow booting to cwm via a key press

Its the bootloader that needs hacking for this, not the kernel :(

Posted · Report post

I would like to see a USB mode switcher that doesn't require us to flash a boot image and doesn't need a reboot...

Posted · Report post

Not sure if it's possible, but one thing I'd love would be to stream the audio output of my vega wirelessly somehow.

Given the portability of the vega combined with the availability of music on sites like Grooveshark it's a great portable jukebox in the house, but getting the audio through to my home sound systems is more tricky. My audio system is connected to a media player (popcornhour) so ideally something on the vega that streamed to a shoutcast/icecast type stream would be brilliant.

Bluetooth is one option but as it doesn't play nice with wifi that's kind of out of the equation.

Posted · Report post

I would like to see a USB mode switcher that doesn't require us to flash a boot image and doesn't need a reboot...

One asks and one shalt receive :(

Watch my kernel thread for info

Posted · Report post

I would like to see an app to switch on and off the camera on the CM7 builds for Advent Vega.

Should be not too difficult, just a widget for the status and sending "echo 'set28h' > /proc/gpio" to switch camera on and "echo 'set28l' > /proc/gpio" to switch it off again.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'd love to see an Android-to-Android controller app developed. If I have my Vega hooked up to the TV via HDMI, it would be great to be able to use my HTC Hero or HTC Desire to control it (the Hero has a scrollball that could even be used as a mouse, with the screen used as a Keyboard). This would be great for using the Vega as a media center or even a games console!

newbe5

EDIT: I would also like to add to this: A gamepad mode - That turns the screen of your phone into a gamepad (with just a d-pad / analogue stick type thing and buttons) for playing emulators :(

EDIT2: Also, since the Accelerometer on the Vega isn't very good, it'd be great if the accelerometer on the input phone worked as a controller. Then you could play tilt/racing games with your phone as the controller :(

Edited by newbe5

Posted · Report post

Its the bootloader that needs hacking for this, not the kernel :D

In that case i'd love to see a tweak to the bootloader that allowed booting to CWM through keypress!

:(