CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest mELIANTE

I think an advice should be issued in the first post:

"If you encounter problems after flashing a new Nightly/RC, do a full wipe/factory reset, it should help. If it doesn't then post you issue.

No wiping no whining"

:D

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest pellen
I updated from n19 to n21. Wiped both caches but did not do a full wipe & restore factory settings.

Then had constant screen freezes and reboots.

Went back did a full factory reset and wiped everything and n21 has been stable.

I really think that you need to start with a clean slate when flashing roms to be sure

Word. When problems show up its time for a full wipe. Sucks though :D

Will probably try with a wipe after work.

I think an advice should be issued in the first post:

"If you encounter problems after flashing a new Nightly/RC, do a full wipe/factory reset, it should help. If it doesn't then post you issue.

No wiping no whining"

:(

I think what I have added is useful enough :D

Guest ZakMcRofl

A question about wireless tethering: Would it be possible to use a market application for rooted phones to get wireless tethering capability or does the old kernel completely prevent that?

Guest Oyorf
A question about wireless tethering: Would it be possible to use a market application for rooted phones to get wireless tethering capability or does the old kernel completely prevent that?
I think you should read first (and second) post.

Guest mELIANTE
I think what I have added is useful enough :(

LOL

Didn't know that it was already there... But then again, these people are known for not reading anything :D

LOL

Didn't know that it was already there... But then again, these people are known for not reading anything :D

Nono, you're right, I added it just after I read your post.

I think there's a smaller one down at the bottom, no one reads it though :'(

Guest mELIANTE
Nono, you're right, I added it just after I read your post.

I think there's a smaller one down at the bottom, no one reads it though :'(

Oh, ok :D

Maybe if you add it to the 2nd line of the topic title? Or even in the main title, because if people would read the 2nd line there wouldn't be a need for a warning? :(

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
I updated from n19 to n21. Wiped both caches but did not do a full wipe & restore factory settings.

Then had constant screen freezes and reboots.

I never ever did a full wipe (factory reset) while being on CM7,

and I never had a single reboot other than the known issue with

unplugging the Blade from charger.

Maybe if you add it to the 2nd line of the topic title? Or even in the main title, because if people would read the 2nd line there wouldn't be a need for a warning? :(

But if people don't you have to tell them to, or add a warning / note to "please read the second line" :D

I never ever did a full wipe (factory reset) while being on CM7,

and I never had a single reboot other than the known issue with

unplugging the Blade from charger.

Shuddup...jeez, how are we supposed to get other people to do it with contrarian evidence like that?

Guest Lew247

LMAO Just looked at the 1st post .. really good :D

Can someone try the Sound Recorder and see what the levels are like?

That's the only thing stopping me using this rom - I use my phone as a recording machine while out and on the 2.1-2.2 rom's the microphone is sensitive enough to record the tv while sitting across the room at a normal level but the CM rom it's inaudible - the level on the gauge while recording hardly moves and you can't hear it on playback

Guest ZakMcRofl
I think you should read first (and second) post.

Thanks, ignore my ignorance. I believe I have read every single post in this thread but it has been a while since I last checked the first two posts.

So actually with this fix flashed we should have a perfect Rom.

I'll have to flash this to 6 devices of friends and family, does anyone know if backups can be moved from one device to another safely? I'd like to set one of them up completely (CM7 + Wifi Fix + a few apps) and then clone it.

Awesome progress on CM7, it is now time for me to switch from JJ.

Guest t0mm13b
I think what I have added is useful enough :(

@Victor:

Just came on and checked the first thread and there it was in BRIGHT RED LULZ.... made coffee nasal spray as just having a coffee... :D

Thanks for the laugh! :(

PS: True common sense in achieving flashing-gurudom, wipe first! :D

Guest geegeethatsme

Re Apps2SD which has been available from N19, is the rom actively managing the move of apps to the SD card or is that left to users' discretion through Settings-Applications-Manage Applications (or a batch operation in Titanium or similar)? I haven't spotted any apps appearing in an asec folder or similar on the card. I also don't have an ext2 or 3 partition as I understood that from Froyo on that wasn't an express requirement of Apps2SD?

Shuddup...jeez, how are we supposed to get other people to do it with contrarian evidence like that?

So sorry :D

I assume my profile is a lil' bit different, no weird games, no fancy addons.

Guest mELIANTE
Re Apps2SD which has been available from N19, is the rom actively managing the move of apps to the SD card or is that left to users' discretion through Settings-Applications-Manage Applications (or a batch operation in Titanium or similar)? I haven't spotted any apps appearing in an asec folder or similar on the card. I also don't have an ext2 or 3 partition as I understood that from Froyo on that wasn't an express requirement of Apps2SD?

Some apps get automatically installed to the SD, others don't. The apps in the SD don't appear in the file manager, they are inside .android_secure, which is hiden from common file explorers.

LMAO Just looked at the 1st post .. really good :(

but it's now nightly 21 not 19

and it's RC 2 not RC 1

Changing it noooooow :(

@Victor:

Just came on and checked the first thread and there it was in BRIGHT RED LULZ.... made coffee nasal spray as just having a coffee... :D

Thanks for the laugh! :D

PS: True common sense in achieving flashing-gurudom, wipe first! B)

Haha, Can't beat some over the top Redness to help your day along. Wiping makes the world a happier place.

So sorry B)

I assume my profile is a lil' bit different, no weird games, no fancy addons.

I guess that's a good point, and we all know how temperamental the blade hardware is.

One thing I've only just figured out is Tom G's experimental branch with all the SmartAss governor fixes. Can someone care to explain a bit?

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest LordKickapoo
LMAO Just looked at the 1st post .. really good :D

BTW a typo* it's RC 2 not RC 1

Can someone try the Sound Recorder and see what the levels are like?

That's the only thing stopping me using this rom - I use my phone as a recording machine while out and on the 2.1-2.2 rom's the microphone is sensitive enough to record the tv while sitting across the room at a normal level but the CM rom it's inaudible - the level on the gauge while recording hardly moves and you can't hear it on playback

Volume at the sound recorder seems to be quite low

Guest Ufufu
I think what I have added is useful enough :D

Hahaha awesome!

Bluetooth is fixed in N21, when you re-edit the first post you should probably remove it from the "broken" list and add it to the fixes.

By the way, awesome job at keeping everything updated. Thanks!

Are those reboots common to everybody or are those rather isolated usecases?

I guess, these reboots/shut downs are fairly NOT isolated. My phone shutted down three times, then I made a clean slate: wiped everything and started from scratch. Just as I was happy and setup my wifi again, I was stuck in a reboot loop. Icouldn't even get my pin into the phone, zapp reboot. I had to plug the battery.

Of course I reverted back to N19 with battery/bt-fix.

Guest Smiff2

so still random screen freees (whatever that means?) and random shutdowns/reboots? doesn't sound like its close to ready for mass consumption yet :/

missing features like radio and tethering less important, just has to be stable for everyone who uses this as their primary phone.

Edited by Smiff2