• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Is the Incredible S rooted yet?

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

:(

P

Posted · Report post

We're waiting for you. :(

Posted · Report post

:(

P

Yep waiting for you, hopefully will get one from a friend at carphone warehouse, but also looking for LG Optimus 2x if you can get rid of all the crap and fix the software inside. :(

Posted · Report post

I've been doing a lot of poking about, but very unsuccessful so far :(

Tried the easy methods (your own VISIONary+, z4root and SuperOneClick), none of which appear to work

Posted · Report post

Tried alot but nothing worked so far, Shell root trough psneuter was easy.

Currently stuck @ the NAND-lock. did a (quick) try with a gold-card, but doesn't worked then. Will try again soon when i have more time and more rested XD

But since im a total Android newbie (system wise) im a little stuck. Know my way in linux pretty good, but its not the same... :(

Hopefully some one like you Paul, is willing to help to take this little phone down and get all the rights we want. Pm me where i can get a little more support (like IRC or some ways to try) to get this done.

Will make a report of what i tried and what happend with every method soon, so we wont try the same thing all over again.

Greetings Timbo007up

Posted · Report post

Cool that psneuter works at least... I assume the kernel module method doesn't work then for S-OFF?

P

Posted · Report post

Cool that psneuter works at least... I assume the kernel module method doesn't work then for S-OFF?

P

I looked into that method, but I couldn't find enough info about what to edit to happily start pushing files to my device, I didn't really wanna end up with a brick! If you can point me to where I can find some info on what I am editing and what it changes I will happily try it

Posted · Report post

This might be a stupid question, but is trying the gfree method described here worth giving a go, or is it a sure fire root to have a nice shiny brick?

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Paul i heard that u also got an IS! willing to join the team?

Currently scotty (from xda) is doing a lot of work, so hopefully we will be trough soon, but every help is welcome.

So that was also the update about the rooting of the IS

Greets Timbo007up

Posted · Report post

In case anyone is interested, the Kernel Source Code has been posted over on XDA.

XDA

Posted · Report post

Due to hardware problem, my Desire will be sent for repair and meanwhile, I joined the Incredible S and at the same time, joined the queue here~ XD

Posted · Report post

@Paul

Did you try/consider XTC clip on your Incredible S!?

Wondering if it will do the trick?

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Paul i heard that u also got an IS! willing to join the team?

Currently scotty (from xda) is doing a lot of work, so hopefully we will be trough soon, but every help is welcome.

So that was also the update about the rooting of the IS

Greets Timbo007up

Tho I am not a programmer and possibly will never join the team, I am willing to help by reporting bugs~ Just 2 days using my IS, I found:

1. Voice Cancellation incorrectly activated when a normal headphone is plugged in. The other side cannot hear what I say as my voice is canceled when I am talking to the phone's mic during a call. I heard some other devices have the same problem, and can be fixed by disabling voice cancellation if the device is rooted.

2. The toast message of [Fit to screen] and [Fit to video] are somehow mixed up during video playback using stock video player. The function and the icons are correct, just the toast messages aren't.

Posted · Report post

That is the only reason I am not buying it.

I am never going to use an unrooted phone again, I need my firewall and other protection from all the crap on the internet.

Posted · Report post

:)

P

rooted with gingerbreak.apk, v1.2

Posted · Report post

rooted with gingerbreak.apk, v1.2

I assume you were one of the lucky ones to purchase an already S-OFF device.