[GUIDE] How to change your bootanimation and splash image

Guest JudasLucifer

Guest Len Ash

Nowt to do with theming, but the Modaco Reboot app you link to - doesn't appear to work. It works in MCR12, and it "opens" in kk's ROMs, but actually does nothing. No FC though.

I am using there is another lib file (perhaps) missing?

Guest Mushroom_Lord

As I said, I am no means a dev. My ability to program anything is rather - limited.

I'll assume it was written by Paul.

You could try taking it apart, its probably only be a few lines of code - see what it refers to etc.

Or you could ask himself :)

Guest Len Ash
As I said, I am no means a dev. My ability to program anything is rather - limited.

I'll assume it was written by Paul.

You could try taking it apart, its probably only be a few lines of code - see what it refers to etc.

Or you could ask himself :)

Have done, many moons ago, no reply. I also asked Flibbesan as he uses a slightly modded version of it, again - no response. I assumed you were offering it tested and working...

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Have done, many moons ago, no reply. I also asked Flibbesan as he uses a slightly modded version of it, again - no response. I assumed you were offering it tested and working...

Sorry to disappoint. I can't remember what ROM I pulled it from, I'll get the ones from Pauls r12 and flbs r11 when I have the time.

Disclaimer:

I am 13 :L

Guest Len Ash
Sorry to disappoint. I can't remember what ROM I pulled it from, I'll get the ones from Pauls r12 and flbs r11 when I have the time.

Disclaimer:

I am 13 :L

No problem, I would wholeheartedly encourage you to learn/contribute - everyone, irrespective of age, started somewhere!

My interest in the app started with MCR r12. I simply pulled it and tried it in some of the kk ROMs I "remixed". No go. My assumption therefore was that there is something else associated with the app, but the only thing I could find was libnative.so, which I pushed. No difference. I suspect that the kernel is hacked for it. But don't know. There are some very odd ROMs out there with various loose ends and redundant files...

Guest Mushroom_Lord
No problem, I would wholeheartedly encourage you to learn/contribute - everyone, irrespective of age, started somewhere!

My interest in the app started with MCR r12. I simply pulled it and tried it in some of the kk ROMs I "remixed". No go. My assumption therefore was that there is something else associated with the app, but the only thing I could find was libnative.so, which I pushed. No difference. I suspect that the kernel is hacked for it. But don't know. There are some very odd ROMs out there with various loose ends and redundant files...

There are reboot apps on the market (requiring su, of course) but none of them seem to work on the evo, and others. I'll assume people can run such apps on stock ROMS I wonder if it's sense effecting them. And how that might translate to us. Unfortunately, that could take some time. I doubt the market apps work for us, but I'll try a few :)

Guest Mushroom_Lord

'Quick reboot' (free) from the market worked fine for me on cm7, but. That's cm7, not kk.

Maybe kk's kernal doesn't work with it for some reason...

Guest Len Ash
'Quick reboot' (free) from the market worked fine for me on cm7, but. That's cm7, not kk.

Maybe kk's kernal doesn't work with it for some reason...

As a minor point of interest, the kk SSParts/SSExtras app from SS 4 works on JJ.

Not earthshattering news though.... :)

Guest Fou-lu
please i change mine but now i want the original and i forgot to make a backup someone helpme please??

animation or splash? and what rom?

Guest Mushroom_Lord
please i change mine but now i want the original and i forgot to make a backup someone helpme please??

Your bootanimation should be reset to the original stock one after flashing a stock ROM. The original orange splash image can BS found here, it just doesn't have a preview. Flash it with fastboot. (Its all in the guide)

Guest xondrax
Lots of bootanimations work across all devices. Try it first.

I know it,but I think work on chnge the device name,starting rom etc :) I´dont know which sw is needed for the changing

Guest Fou-lu
I know it,but I think work on chnge the device name,starting rom etc :) I´dont know which sw is needed for the changing

The nexus CM7 bios animation work's fine on CM7, nice speed too, just the name saying nexus + 1ghz chip is awkward, someone needs to edit the png to say the blade with the correct spec would be awesome :)

Guest sm4tik

Hi,

I've tried to find a way to backup the original splash screen image, but haven't found a way to do it. As a workaround, I tried to look for the original, but that was a dead end also. I'm using a saunalahti gen2 phone, and would be happy to have the original around.. just in case.. you know why :)

Anyways, thanks for the guide, the only thing I had trouble with was when repacking a bootanimation.zip. There's no mention here that it shouldn't be compressed. I found a tip from another thread, don't remember where.. Using the following command with linux in the directory with all the files creates a working boot animation archive:

$ zip -r0 bootanimation part0 desc.txt

include partN if using more than one part.

Edited by sm4tik