[GUIDE] How to change your bootanimation and splash image

Guest JudasLucifer

Guest TouchyAndalou
Mario Boot Animation

mario_0025.png

Direct Download: Mario Bootanimation

I'd really like this boot animation, but the file doesn't seem to be hosted any longer. Does anybody have this, and if so, could you please upload it? Pleasepleaseplease.

Guest wbaw
I would flash this, but I think it just gave me a seizure!

80s kids know that the seizure you get from watching the loading screen is better than the game ever will be :D

We used to have to watch that for half an hour, until the mess of garishly coloured blocky blobs game loaded.

Guest Mushroom_Lord
80s kids know that the seizure you get from watching the loading screen is better than the game ever will be :D

We used to have to watch that for half an hour, until the mess of garishly coloured blocky blobs game loaded.

wbaw, your the one to talk to here :D

Thousands of splash images have come up from everywhere, and, I just don't know what to do with them all!

Should I try and shrink the image previews down 50% do i can fit 4 on a row?

And should I offer 2 versions of slash images, one in the "original" .img and one as a 16bit rgb bmp?

Guest wbaw
wbaw, your the one to talk to here :D

Thousands of splash images have come up from everywhere, and, I just don't know what to do with them all!

Should I try and shrink the image previews down 50% do i can fit 4 on a row?

Yes

And should I offer 2 versions of slash images, one in the "original" .img and one as a 16bit rgb bmp?

No, they're both the same.

Guest wbaw

I'd pack them all into clockworkmod zip files, reduce size of the preview image to 25% (120x200) & have the preview images link directly to the clockworkmod zip file. Then you can fit a few in the first post, just click the image to download & they'll all be easy to flash.

Guest Mushroom_Lord
I'd pack them all into clockworkmod zip files, reduce size of the preview image to 25% (120x200) & have the preview images link directly to the clockworkmod zip file. Then you can fit a few in the first post, just click the image to download & they'll all be easy to flash.

Okay, cheers, thanks for the opinion, obviously you have the experience in this area :D

I'll get to it asap.

Guest Phoenix Silver

there is a bug when you ckick on a link the file isn't downloaded but displayed like text

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest Mushroom_Lord
A splash that i have made for me ;)

phoenix.jpg

Splash image

Wow, that is pretty badass!!! (shame about the slight irregularity in the bottom left corner. Sorry If you hadn't noticed and now its going to bug you forever)

Which one, all of them? I wont use webs to host file now I can use hotfile...

And, I'm going to have to spend some time going over the "website" but I've got 5 exams over the next few days and so am a bit strapped for time, but will have a look.

Guest Mushroom_Lord
there is a bug when you ckick on a link the file isn't downloaded but displayed like text

Right clicking the click and choosing save as wont help, I take it?

Guest Phoenix Silver
Right clicking the click and choosing save as wont help, I take it?

i haven't made the picture ;) i'm zero in drawings lol

no don't help

it's the splash img of wbaw cyanomodgen

the error in left corner don't appear in the splash something i have borked with gimp :P

Edited by Phoenix Silver

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris Banks

Anyone have a default bootanimation/splash?

Even when I flash a new ROM its still there..

The 'default' splash a few pages back seems to be a little messy around the edges. Thanks

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Anyone have a default bootanimation/splash?

Even when I flash a new ROM its still there..

The 'default' splash a few pages back seems to be a little messy around the edges. Thanks

That is actually what the default splash looks like :)

Funnily enough, This thread, a little while ago now, actually originated with me asking if I could change that very image because I thought it was a bit fugly :rolleyes:

Guest Chris Banks
That is actually what the default splash looks like :)

Funnily enough, This thread, a little while ago now, actually originated with me asking if I could change that very image because I thought it was a bit fugly :rolleyes:

Haha crazy, its such a poor quality image. Thanks anyway, think ill just keep it modded!

Heres my version of the original/stock splash

YcwQk.png

splash4.zip

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest idiotechnick

hello guys i'm new here. I need help i just instaled solidchip boot using clockworld recovery. And only getting the first boot logo (splash?) and the original theme are still there in animation (actualy not animated now). I'm using N880 Blade/Wide Gen2 (CDMA).Do splash.img are located originaly in media?(see using rootexplorer) because in my Blade there is none. there only .png in folder.Thx for the help.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tonydl

I want to revert to the default (stock green) android splash screen.

Should I just flash the image 2 posts above me or is there a "better" way (like removing bootanimation.zip to get the stock boot animation)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonmac73

hi all - is there a stock Orange boot screen ?

May have to return phone - or do I just use the stock andoid one referrred to her ? Thanks

hi all - is there a stock Orange boot screen ?

May have to return phone - or do I just use the stock andoid one referrred to her ? Thanks

if you just flash a stock rom, the boot screen will return to stock

flashing a stock rom also makes the phone exactly as it was when you brought it, which i would recommend if you're returning the phone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi people first off all actually i dont have a blade but the bootscreens work just fine on the Medion P4310 (ZTE skate) to. the resolution etc is all the same so it works. :P But have a few questions tough because im having 2 splashscreens, and im having trouble deleting one.

Ok when i first bought the phone it had a medion stockrom on it so the boot order was:

picture of a globe (stock spashscreen) > Bootanimation from medion. (link)

Then i flashed a custom bootlogo with the zip trough clockworkmod methode, and now when i boot cyanogenmod nightly i get what i wanted: Custom splash picture > Cyanogenbootanimation

But when i restored a nandroid backup from the original medionrom, it still shows the custom splashscreen first.

Custom splashscreen > picture of a globe (stock spashscreen) > Bootanimation from medion.

When i flashed tillaz bluemonte 1.6 today i got the same.

Custom splashscreen > ZTE splashcreen > Bootanimation from medion.

So my questions are:

1. where do i delete the custom splashscreen?

2. and is there a way to get the original splashscreen from the nandroid backup?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
Guest JudasLucifer

i replaced splash screen and re ziped, i go to install and it says

(Status 0)

installation aborted

thanks for your time.

You will want to choose store as your zip compression method, otherwise clockwork wont read it