ZTE Skate - Confirmed Monte Carlo

Guest Jekle

Guest Jekle

Well from CNET UK, ZTE told CNET UK that it will be on all major U.K Carriers, including Orange. Will it be the NEW Orange San Francisco, Or will we see it completely unbranded and sim free?

CPU Upgrade Confirmed 1GHz so it will be an ARMv7!

Edited by Jekle

Well from CNET UK, ZTE told CNET UK that it will be on all major U.K Carriers, including Orange. Will it be the NEW Orange San Francisco, Or will we see it completely unbranded and sim free?

umm.. you've sorta answered the question in the title

zte skate, what do you think it will be called?

lolz

Guest Jekle
umm.. you've sorta answered the question in the title

zte skate, what do you think it will be called?

lolz

I mean under Orange Branding duh.

Guest ronc2000

I would not think that availability on orange is inevitable.

Orange probably got a good deal from ZTE for SF and I do not think similar deal on Skate will be agreed.

If it is on Orange at all then the price will be much higher than anticipated and it may be called, following tradition, Denver, or Philadelphia. Double name like San Francisco is not very elegant.

Guest Jekle

If you think about it Orange have a habit of using alot of ZTE Handsets like the Rio, Lisbon etc. Orange is proberly ZTE biggest customers. And the sucess of the San Francisco it's likely for us to see the Skate under Orange Branding. But saying that they would like to keep the price as low as possible, So they might pass on this one. But any idea of which different carrier it would be under? Vodafone is my bet.

OR instead of the Skate we have the Amigo instead?

Edited by Jekle

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Well, considering the Skate's gonna be a 4.3" blade, I'm probably not gonna be too excited about it. It says "Oooh, 800MHz CPU", but it's just an overclocked MSM7227, apparently, and not the one found in the Desire Z, which is 800MHz, yet significantly faster

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Looking here: http://thehotgadget.com/zte-skate-android-...date.html/1527/ they say they are expected top flog for less than $100! Which is missile on euros/pounds! Not a huge upside over the blade tough, but a larger screen and faster processor. Ok, theres a better comets with flash, but I personally, don't use it anyway :D., if its under £150 and my sf breaks, then its mine D

Guest fonix232
Well, considering the Skate's gonna be a 4.3" blade, I'm probably not gonna be too excited about it. It says "Oooh, 800MHz CPU", but it's just an overclocked MSM7227, apparently, and not the one found in the Desire Z, which is 800MHz, yet significantly faster

Nope, it will DEFINITIVELY have an ARMv7 CPU, there was a ZTE publication where they told specs, and they've noted that the ZTE Skate will support Flash 10.1!

Guest Jekle
Nope, it will DEFINITIVELY have an ARMv7 CPU, there was a ZTE publication where they told specs, and they've noted that the ZTE Skate will support Flash 10.1!

I wouldn't of thought that it would come overclocked anyway. I don't think they'll get the £99 price tag, if they do they've cut a corner some way or another.

buying the Orange SF, it really changed what i think of these China Manufactuers (I don't made in china, as in chinese brand) there proberly all made in the same factory!

Edited by Jekle

Guest JimJam707
it'll be called the ZTE Battle Los Angeles, have you not seen the trailer?

Dude, I just went to see that, bloody epic.

Great Name :D

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

I thought there was a large thread about how it would only have the 7227. Well, at least that's a reassurance. because THE 800MHz ARMv7 proccessor at the moment is the one in the Desire Z. Which is quite a bit nippier than our blades.

Guest cmberry20

If its less than £150, supports Flash 10.1, can be modded with custom ROMs & has a better camera (note: Bigger MPixels doesnt equal better camera!!) then I'm gonna get a Skate.

Dont really care about speed. I think a fully modded Blade is fast enough for me!!

Guest ronc2000
If its less than £150, supports Flash 10.1, can be modded with custom ROMs & has a better camera (note: Bigger MPixels doesnt equal better camera!!) then I'm gonna get a Skate.

Dont really care about speed. I think a fully modded Blade is fast enough for me!!

If it has a native gingerbread modded possibility is not really necessary.

Guest deksman2

The Skate seems like a nice one.

I actually thought about waiting and getting it instead of the Blade, but my stay in UK did not extend until the release date.

Oh well, I'll eventually move to London permanently, so it's not a problem... but since I already got the Blade, I must say I'm quite satisfied with it and will last me long enough until ZTE releases a much more powerful Android smartphone that's in the budget range (money wise).

So I'm thinking on waiting until the dual or quad core devices come out (maybe even 6 core).

2 years is a relatively long time and with capitalism/consumer based market, things will change relatively fast (well, at least in terms they will release in 2 years what they already developed 2 years ago).

:D

Guest ricer

The Blade will sell for over £100 second hand on eBay if you have the OLED version.

I reckon, sell it in mid-end April, use your crappy Nokia till Skate comes out.

Buy Skate for £150, upgrade for only £40-£50!

Guest Maringer
Orange Milton Keynes :D

To justify a name like that, the phone would need to be completely round!

Not sure where the concrete cows would fit into a mobile design, however.

Guest fredewis
To justify a name like that, the phone would need to be completely round!

Not sure where the concrete cows would fit into a mobile design, however.

or it can be a bad ass phone and be called zte Hackney.