ZTE Skate - Confirmed Monte Carlo

Guest Jekle

Guest sambartle

It's just like HTC.. they used to be an OEM for all the networks (They made the most of the SPV phones for Orange, XDA's for O2, Vario's for T-Mobile) and then once they got well known for decent quality handsets came out with own branded products.

ZTE are sure to want to do the same.. so it may just be ZTE branded who knows!

• 2 months later...
Guest SUBZEROUK

the zte skate isnt very good tbh it is very laggy and the display looks very low rez unlike the sanfrancisco i doubt the skate will even run flash dispite it being 2.3 the processer just isnt big enough 800mhz thats only a little bit better than the san francisco.Im going to stick with my san fran i like it to much to get a new phone

Guest mcfly666
the zte skate isnt very good tbh it is very laggy and the display looks very low rez unlike the sanfrancisco i doubt the skate will even run flash dispite it being 2.3 the processer just isnt big enough 800mhz thats only a little bit better than the san francisco.Im going to stick with my san fran i like it to much to get a new phone

Dunno if its the case with the skate, but you shouldnt compair cpu's "clock for clock" - unless their the same architecture, you might find that the skate will have a few hardware optimisations under the hood

Guest gn123

A few things to bring up here. First of all, while the demo's have shown it being laggy, it is far from a finished release yet. Come release, it is more than possible that it will be quicker, and if it builds up a community like the blade has done, faster still.

Second, if it is running an arm7@800mhz, that is a significant step up, and will be able to run flash no problem. If it is an arm6 like our blades, then not so much.

Guest jeddy1
A few things to bring up here. First of all, while the demo's have shown it being laggy, it is far from a finished release yet. Come release, it is more than possible that it will be quicker, and if it builds up a community like the blade has done, faster still.

Second, if it is running an arm7@800mhz, that is a significant step up, and will be able to run flash no problem. If it is an arm6 like our blades, then not so much.

it is an ARM11 @800mhz but if the delay(bec it was laggy) was so they change the processor to it then it will be an ARM7 @800mhz

Lets hope so :unsure:

Guest swisstourist
it is an ARM11 @800mhz but if the delay(bec it was laggy) was so they change the processor to it then it will be an ARM7 @800mhz

:)

yes but it s still a big phone for your pocket. bigger than an iphone?

i have already a netbook, looking for something i cna put in my pocket easily and drive my scooter.

Guest Jekle

They already said it was Flash 10.1 capable device it WILL be an ARMv7 CPU.

Guest jeddy1
:P

yes but it s still a big phone for your pocket. bigger than an iphone?

i have already a netbook, looking for something i cna put in my pocket easily and drive my scooter.

then dont buy it and if u have a blade then keep the blade ! it is a nice phone to be so cheap .for its price blade is top phone without flash :)

They already said it was Flash 10.1 capable device it WILL be an ARMv7 CPU.

i get that :unsure: .then much better for those who wanted a phone like that !

Guest Toldo

I'll try to keep up those cpu questions. If they said it will run Flash, then it has to be armv7. But then another thing - it can be the same processor as in the Blade. Why? Galaxy Ace has the same cpu but stock overclocked to 800MHz, works with no problems. Only thing that the native safe cpu freq for this chipset is 600MHz. So either it will be a little unstable stock OC'd cpu or a natively running 800MHz armv7 cpu handling flash 10.1. Either ways I'm looking forward to this device. As for the brand name, I think it will stay ZTE Skate, whatever the network will be.

Guest Njazza
I'll try to keep up those cpu questions. If they said it will run Flash, then it has to be armv7. But then another thing - it can be the same processor as in the Blade.

You think?

I say, no, it can't be, if it runs flash.

Why? Galaxy Ace has the same cpu but stock overclocked to 800MHz, works with no problems.

May work with no problems, but Galaxy Ace can't do flash, just like Blade.

Only thing that the native safe cpu freq for this chipset is 600MHz. So either it will be a little unstable stock OC'd cpu or a natively running 800MHz armv7 cpu handling flash 10.1. Either ways I'm looking forward to this device. As for the brand name, I think it will stay ZTE Skate, whatever the network will be.

I'd say CPU is "upgraded" a bit from Blade.

Too bad it's a tad slow if you compare to other handsets that come to sale... but I don't mind, if the price is right!

Actually, i'm too old to skate.

But that's the only skateboard I want! :P

Guest The Soup Thief

From ZTE's release

ZTE Skate was inspired by a skateboard

arf arf! Doesn't really inspire confidence

Has anyone had a go of one? (Looking at you and your countrymen Pheonix_silver)

Guest laserburn

Still no news on when CheapSkate is really coming? With prices of Huawei Ideos X5 dropping, ZTE will lose position of a top dog in low-end market if things don't change soon.