ZTE Skate - Confirmed Monte Carlo

Guest Jekle

Guest gillestuur
Still no news on when CheapSkate is really coming? With prices of Huawei Ideos X5 dropping, ZTE will lose position of a top dog in low-end market if things don't change soon.

You've got a good webshop selling the Huawei's Ideos X5? If the prices really drop, they will threaten ZTE's position...

Guest jeddy1
You've got a good webshop selling the Huawei's Ideos X5? If the prices really drop, they will threaten ZTE's position...

why webshop-?here in greece we can buy it in wind stores for 188 euros..

EDIT:never know so lets wait and see what they did to skate! i want it but if its an ARMv11 like i saw on the box of a video i will buy the ideos x5

Edited by jeddy1

Guest agreenjesus

That lg x2 is looking even more tempting now, unless the skate launches at the same price as the blade.

Edited by agreenjesus

Guest jeddy1
That lg x2 is looking even more tempting now, unless the skate launches at the same price as the blade.

YES BUT IT MUST BE AN ARMv7!

Guest Toldo

LG Optimus 2x is looking nice but I heard it has a lot of bugs in firmware. Anyways, that LG is a different shelf than ZTE. 2x is LG's flagship for 2011. IMHO no comparison possible.

Edited by Toldo

Guest hecatae
LG Optimus 2x is looking nice but I heard it has a lot of bugs in firmware. Anyways, that LG is a different shelf than ZTE. 2x is LG's flagship for 2011. IMHO no comparison possible.

dragging this thread further off topic, the Optimus 2x has cm7 nightlies and it makes a big difference to the device.

Huawei Ideos X5 is £189.99 in UK, it's completely open for hacking and we may see a device specific forum soon.

Guest unrandomsam
I would not think that availability on orange is inevitable.

Orange probably got a good deal from ZTE for SF and I do not think similar deal on Skate will be agreed.

If it is on Orange at all then the price will be much higher than anticipated and it may be called, following tradition, Denver, or Philadelphia. Double name like San Francisco is not very elegant.

Orange has a Rio II so why not a sanfrancisco II

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Tad much, perhaps, considerind the ideos x5 is a better spec? (I think).

Personally I'll wait a while after any releases and then see what development has occurred :rolleyes: - which means most likely avoiding HTC.

Development is a huge appeal to getting anything for me now, since I got the Blade :P

Guest sane?

The real key question is does anyone actually know when its going to be available on PAYG in the UK? It's nearly June, but still no sign or word.

Maybe when it finally appears we'll know for certain what the price is, whether it supports Flash (which would be a neat trick) and if its possible to unlock it.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

To be honest they've messed it up on this one.

They have released it far too late and therefore isn't up to spec with other models in a similar price range.

Guest jeddy1
To be honest they've messed it up on this one.

They have released it far too late and therefore isn't up to spec with other models in a similar price range.

so better to buy an ideos x5 than the skate.my friend bought it today and its pretty nice but it needs a custom rom i guess:)

if i would buy it today then it would already have a custom rom :D