SD card issues after gingerbread upgrade

Guest numbersix

Guest numbersix

At least two people (me and http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=fi...mp;pid=1620382) have had SD card issues since upgrading to Paul's GRI54 gingerbread ROM. Now, this looks like a hardware issue to me and upgrading could just be a coincidence but I thought it wise to see if anyone else has been seeing something similar.

My experience in bullet form:

• no sd card issues before upgrade
  • upgraded to Paul's custom based on GRI54
  • started to see sd issues (failed writes, corrupt FAT tables, corrupt partition table)
  • sd card completely failed, wouldn't work in any reader
  • bought new card
  • new card only detectable by Nexus One 50% of the time
  • even if detected, card will stop responding after random amount of time (minutes or hours later)

• 1 month later...
Guest Pinko_Commie
At least two people (me and http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=fi...mp;pid=1620382) have had SD card issues since upgrading to Paul's GRI54 gingerbread ROM. Now, this looks like a hardware issue to me and upgrading could just be a coincidence but I thought it wise to see if anyone else has been seeing something similar.

My experience in bullet form:

• no sd card issues before upgrade
  • upgraded to Paul's custom based on GRI54
  • started to see sd issues (failed writes, corrupt FAT tables, corrupt partition table)
  • sd card completely failed, wouldn't work in any reader
  • bought new card
  • new card only detectable by Nexus One 50% of the time
  • even if detected, card will stop responding after random amount of time (minutes or hours later)

I keep seeing something similar with my ext partition for apps2SD.

My phone keeps losing visibility of it and I have to reformat it. Then it will be OK for a whihle, but the next timee I do a nandroid backup, the ext partition becomes unreadable.