How do you set 'My Number'?

Guest Spies

Guest Spies

I know you can use other phones to set it as it can't be set on the Blade, I have a Nokia N73, would I be able to set 'My Number' on the sim using this phone? If so which menu options do I go to, I tried this morning but couldn't find the option in the settings menu.

I know you can use other phones to set it as it can't be set on the Blade, I have a Nokia N73, would I be able to set 'My Number' on the sim using this phone? If so which menu options do I go to, I tried this morning but couldn't find the option in the settings menu.

look for an app called 'My Phone Number' in the market...

Guest Exiled Womble
It doesn't work, hence asking how I set it using another phone.

Hi... I took my SF's sim and put it into my old phone and set the "my number" from the menu there, then put it back in the SF and TaDa! simples.

Guest Spies
Hi... I took my SF's sim and put it into my old phone and set the "my number" from the menu there, then put it back in the SF and TaDa! simples.

Where in the menu is it? I looked all around my Nokia and couldn't find anything like that. On my iPhone I found the My Number bit, but it doesn't appear to write it back to the sim card.

I'm using Vodafone but a friend just told me that Vodafone don't store the number on the sim, you do it via a network request which no other network does.

Edited by Spies

Guest toytown
I know you can use other phones to set it as it can't be set on the Blade

You can with a different rom, i unlocked my phone and moved to giffgaff months ago and always had "Unknown Number" on the about screen. However after i flashed CM7 on the phone i was able to change it, i'm now back to 2.1 because of the bugs/batterylife/performance and obviously it shows my number still.

Guest da1000

On Nokia try

Menu> contacts> options> special numbers> My numbers> My mobile> edit

Not sure if its the same for all Nokia's but thats where it was on some old one i used a while back, dont know which model it was and dont have it anymore but worth a look to see if its the same on yours :D

Guest Spies
On Nokia try

Not sure if its the same for all Nokia's but thats where it was on some old one i used a while back, dont know which model it was and dont have it anymore but worth a look to see if its the same on yours :D

Contacts, options, just has sorting options.

Guest Spies
On Nokia try

Guest Exiled Womble

Sorry that didn't help! I was using an old Motorola L6, Mainmenu:Settings:Phone Status:My tel. Numbers and then changed the first line. Maybe you could try another phone?

Guest da1000

Boo was worth a shot sorry it didnt help, if google does not bring up any answers for this then you could either borrow another phone for 10mins and do it or get a sim card reader online for about £8 (its like a usb stick that u stick a sim in) and use a bit of software to edit the sim :D

Guest Yuccaman
look for an app called 'My Phone Number' in the market...

My Phone Number appears to have worked for me - well, its still stored after a reboot of the phone anyway....

Market says it only works on 2.2 and up.

Guest Phoenix Silver

dial *#*#4636#*#*

menu phone information

enter your number here

enjoy :(

edit : it's not the good chain dial :D

let me found the good one (somewhere in my docs)

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest Spies
dial *#*#4636#*#*

menu phone information

enter your number here

enjoy :(

edit : it's not the good chain dial :D

let me found the good one (somewhere in my docs)

I'm on that menu but theres nowhere to enter my number?

Guest k0nrad
i just used my phone number app on cm7 rom and worked fine. could you back-up your rom, upgrade to cm7 to use this app then restore?

Please confirm, if on CM7 it stored the number after a reboot? For me it doesn't, using either My Phone Number app or Additional Settings in Call Settings.

Already checked *5* other phones at home to try and set it hard on the SIM.

Results - nada.

Both nokias are dead (N70 not charging at all, 6310i doesn't show anything on the screen, backlight only), LG KU990 doesn't have such a setting, both Omnia phones (i900 & i8000) running WinMo don't have it as well. There's still my brother's HTC TouchPro, but as it runs WinMo too, I've already lost any hope :D

Edited by k0nrad

Guest Ydnaroo
dial *#*#4636#*#*

menu phone information

enter your number here

Take care! When I used the sequence above, it takes you to a screen that allows you to change the Service Centre number for sending texts. :D

Using FLB Froyo r8.

Edited by Ydnaroo