Spare Battery and Desktop Charger for the ZTE Blade

Guest That-Guy

Guest t0mm13b

Why does it look odd?

Maybe by you sharing that nugget of wisdom will help others who are surfing on ebay and to avoid falling for the so-called zte batteries - we had someone come on IRC asking if the 1500mAH batteries look legit and tbqh, it sounds too good to be true but...... :)

B)

Guest john.smith

It's just observation but no professional conclusion.

By comparing to what I've got (bundled with Orange San Francisco) and the one I bought from a ZTE reseller in China, the differences are pointed out in the pics.

Actually the serial number and/or production date do not sync either, but I will need to check with ZTE first before saying anything on that.

1. the sticker label is badly pasted over the corner

2. my original battery has a much wider margin but this is too close to the edge

3. the back of battery should be metal-framed. you should find more rigid edges while the one in photo look soft and wrinkled.

4. the negative and positive signs are way too high

5. this is the most obvious one, 1250mAh should read 4.7Wh while 1300mAh is equal to 4.9Wh, this one has mixed them up.

Your thoughts?

Why does it look odd?

Maybe by you sharing that nugget of wisdom will help others who are surfing on ebay and to avoid falling for the so-called zte batteries - we had someone come on IRC asking if the 1500mAH batteries look legit and tbqh, it sounds too good to be true but...... :)

B)

post-202484-0-42864100-1314632543_thumb.

post-202484-0-63088100-1314632547_thumb.

Edited by john.smith

Guest t0mm13b

It's just observation but no professional conclusion.

By comparing to what I've got (bundled with Orange San Francisco) and the one I bought from a ZTE reseller in China, the differences are pointed out in the pics.

Actually the serial number and/or production date do not sync either, but I will need to check with ZTE first before saying anything on that.

1. the sticker label is badly pasted over the corner

2. my original battery has a much wider margin but this is too close to the edge

3. the back of battery should be metal-framed. you should find more rigid edges while the one in photo look soft and wrinkled.

4. the negative and positive signs are way too high

5. this is the most obvious one, 1250mAh should read 4.7Wh while 1300mAh is equal to 4.9Wh, this one has mixed them up.

Your thoughts?

Hmmm ... that's the truth you spoke there.... I agree :)

Sounds either like a botched photoshop on the battery to make it look as if "authentic" and, secondly, no way of knowing if the battery is the real thing or not, possibly another battery with the photoshopping on it to "show"?

Guest john.smith

Actually there's no need to photoshop it, these kinds of "original" stickers are sold in stack (OK, Nokia , Motorola and Samsung ones are much easier to get, I haven't seen a full sheet of fake ZTE battery stickers personally) and all you need is the find the right size of grade B batteries, get a universal plastic frame and voila! here you come the freshly baked "genuine" battery.

If you have seen how a HTC HD2 is assembled by bare hands (I think you can find the vid on YouTube), you won't be surprised how easy it is to make a "genuine" battery (even with laser sticker, packaging, etc.) Now you kind of know why there are so many good deals on eBay <_<

But no, batteries at Sofiz.co.uk are not counterfeit and this is one reason why our price is so expensive :lol:

Hmmm ... that's the truth you spoke there.... I agree :)

Sounds either like a botched photoshop on the battery to make it look as if "authentic" and, secondly, no way of knowing if the battery is the real thing or not, possibly another battery with the photoshopping on it to "show"?

Edited by john.smith

Guest t0mm13b

Well, in that case, for those who are hunting on ebay, forget ebay and go to sofiz.co.uk to get the real thing and giving yourself a peace of mind knowing that

1. Its the genuine article
  2. Win-Win situation for both the consumer and sofiz
  3. Sure it may be expensive but it would be worth it - no point sacrificing for a cheap one from ebay...that could end up doing damage to the blade, etc.

- IMHO.

My 2cents,

B)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest quakkaz

interesting views, thanks. the one that comes with the 2 batteries has gone up in price since i first posted it, but not by too much (just over a quid), ive decided to buy one and give it a go, will report back on whether its any good or not after i get it. the batteries are not original ZTE batteries, as the guy above guessed, the seller confirmed it, though he said he can supply original batts for a few quid more.

Guest hudasp

Yes, it´s totally bricket other Blade (it can only charge battery). Only middle cover, motherboard and some black tape - nothing else. Other stuff removed.

Edited by hudasp

Guest Searcher2

what about this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280714023050

£7 delivered for two sounds like some seriously explosive fakes, but the guy has some mega feedback, and they can't all be £20+ each

Those are the ones I bought and am using. I let my batteries run right down as I feel this is the best way to prolong their life and just bung a fully charged one in. I charge them in a UniRoss battery charger which is designed for phone/camera type batteries - a bit like the one in the OP. So far I haven't noticed any performance differences with these and the original battery. They certainly have different covers than the original but they seem fine to me. If anyone knows for a fact they are dodgy please let me know!

Edited by Searcher2

Guest quakkaz

Yes, it´s totally bricket other Blade (it can only charge battery). Only middle cover, motherboard and some black tape - nothing else. Other stuff removed.

ah cool :)

Guest john.smith

Hi quakkaz, if you don't mind, please post up the serial numbers (the first 8 digits will be enough) and the production date on the batteries.

Our vendor has provided us a check code and see if the serial number and production date are matched.

By using this check code I have confirmed that the above eBay seller is selling the fake ones.

interesting views, thanks. the one that comes with the 2 batteries has gone up in price since i first posted it, but not by too much (just over a quid), ive decided to buy one and give it a go, will report back on whether its any good or not after i get it. the batteries are not original ZTE batteries, as the guy above guessed, the seller confirmed it, though he said he can supply original batts for a few quid more.

• 1 month later...
Guest quakkaz

Hi quakkaz, if you don't mind, please post up the serial numbers (the first 8 digits will be enough) and the production date on the batteries.

Our vendor has provided us a check code and see if the serial number and production date are matched.

By using this check code I have confirmed that the above eBay seller is selling the fake ones.

yes the batteries are definitely not originals, the seller even confirmed this. though ive been using the charger and battery for a couple of weeks now, and find that the charger and the batteries work fine.

the only caveats are that the charger seems to take a lot longer to charge the battery, than if you were to charge the phone via the standard blade charger. also the charger's tiny prongs that attach to the battery seem quite flimsy, and i dont think they will last long before breaking, but apart from that its all good. i can now charge up the 2 extra batteries and go for a long weekend, without having to worry about my phone running out of juice :)