[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

How has the FLB been unstable for you?

i never said flb was unstable,i am just saying that this rom is the most stable that i have used.

Its not good to twist peoples words!

Edited by Guest

Guest Blues003
i never said flb was unstable,just that this rom is the most stable that i have used.

Its not good to twist peoples words!

Sorry if I sounded bad-intetioned. That was not my goal at all.

I just wanted to know in which ways you have noticed stability of this ROM over the FLB r10b. What has this ROM given you, in terms of stability, that the FLB has not, and that makes you prefer it even if the Quadrant scores are lower.

I am not saying this ROM is more or less stable, nor implying anything else; I have never tried it, actually. I was just curious about your post.

Sorry if I sounded bad-intetioned. That was not my goal at all.

I just wanted to know in which ways you have noticed stability of this ROM over the FLB r10b. What has this ROM given you, in terms of stability, that the FLB has not, and that makes you prefer it even if the Quadrant scores are lower.

I am not saying this ROM is more or less stable, nor implying anything else; I have never tried it, actually. I was just curious about your post.

no offence take :D

RLS2 boots much faster than all the roms i have used,battery seems to last longer and,in general things just feel just that little bit smoother,maybe because this is based on a newer build ?

Edited by Guest

Guest dadashi

WiFi connection at least 2 or 3 times faster than JJ9, FLB10 or modacoR12...very stable rom....

battery seems good, thats the real deal breaker for me...

Guest hecatae
Has anyone else noticed how fast this Rom boots up ?

the advantage of no boot animation, though I agree it seems quicker than JJ9 as well.

Guest Len Ash
the advantage of no boot animation, though I agree it seems quicker than JJ9 as well.

No bootanimation in JJ9. Both take the same time to boot...

I think it's a bit soon to claim that battery life/stability and so on are better than.... whatever. Give it a few days of real use (games players and App volume freaks excluded) - plus the battery stats need a few use/charge cycles to be anything like meaningful.

Signs are good though. There are improvements if the VM heap is increased to 32M too - it helps avoid too much Dalvik housekeeping as there is more memory headroom.

Edited by Len Ash

Yes I agree with that,Swedish spring is about same as JJRLS9 with boot time

Edited by Guest

Guest Len Ash
WiFi connection at least 2 or 3 times faster than JJ9, FLB10 or modacoR12...very stable rom....

battery seems good, thats the real deal breaker for me...

A few hours ago you were complaining about no Wifi in spite of full wipe...

(and some very strange claims about 2.1 battery life vs. 2.2)

Guest Len Ash
That's very disappointing. In my opinion, poor Wifi performance is the phone's achilles heel. I can't believe that after (at least) four ROM revisions ZTE still haven't fixed this problem.

Can you tell me whether the Swedish ROM has any effect of the strength of the wireless signal? My phone's ability to pick up a signal and hold on to it is very poor, and borderline unacceptable. But I'm not sure whether the problem is hardware or software.

The poster wasn't clear. The Wifi reconnects fine. Best in class like JJ9. BUT I suspect he/she meant that Wifi switches off in deep sleep whether set to never or not. This is normal for this phone. And has been mentioned SO MANY TIMES in EVERY ROM thread.

Hence my "dry" retort subsequent.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest danmanbad

hi love the rom its far better that JJ9 that was a good rom i put it on my phone and my girlfriends untill this one came out as soon as i sore it i had to have it

i like things like the 3G connects automaticly when you send and receve MMS it seem faster and more stable than JJ9 but only time will tell i have tryed most of the 2.2 roms that are here to try and for me this one has been the most stable for me. three thing i would realy like to see in your rom are bringing up the name rather than the number in toast notification for delivery report, the power controle in the notification bar and the circul mod.

one more thing can you or is there any way of making the headset louder

Thanks for the great rom and all the time and effort you have put into making this rom

have a nice and plesent day

Edited by danmanbad

Guest hecatae

I think it's a bit soon to claim that battery life/stability and so on are better than.... whatever. Give it a few days of real use (games players and App volume freaks excluded) I'm looking at you dadashi....

Signs are good. There are improvements if the VM heap is increased to 32M too - it helps avoid too much Dalvik housekeeping as there is more memory headroom.

well I was on cm7, so battery life is very different

Guest Frankish
Notification bar all fine, transparency OK. Drawer not themed (stays "white" as before) and no other apparent theming (vol control still yellow etc). Assume that's expected?

Cheers yeah that's all normal. For anyone that wants the Launcher or dock themeing you can download Gingerbread launcher from market or icons for your current launcher. I've never used the stock launcher so that's why i didn't bother. Also keeps the file size down.

Guest Len Ash
Cheers yeah that's all normal. For anyone that wants the Launcher or dock themeing you can download Gingerbread launcher from market or icons for your current launcher. I've never used the stock launcher so that's why i didn't bother. Also keeps the file size down.

Might roll it in to a remix then! Nice one. Signing "platform" as per usual?

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Frankish
Might roll it in to a remix then! Nice one. Signing "platform" as per usual?

Yeah all platform signed as is the norm for this lot now :D

EDIT:

Current theme list for SS RLS2.

Stock Theme

Gingerbread

Gingerbread Circle Mod

Gingerbread Thin Circle Mod

Mnml.

More to follow later.

Download the themes here!

Edited by Frankish

Guest dadashi
A few hours ago you were complaining about no Wifi in spite of full wipe...

(and some very strange claims about 2.1 battery life vs. 2.2)

That's right, you didn't read my further posts...

I did another complete wipe and re-install and it worked fine after that, I think it was probably one of my titanium backups or something left from older roms that was causing problems...

I'm surprised how fast and stable the wifi is connecting now...with JJ9, FLB10,R12 sometimes it would take ages and I'd have to go into wireless options and reconnect to my router...

And battery life in de-orangeated eclair roms were great....I would leave the SF in standby for several days, something I just can't do with current froyos, bar this one maybe...I've only had it on my SF for a day, so too soon to tell but it's looking promising....

Guest Blues003

What are your general opinions after 2 days with this ROM, regarding speed, bugs, battery life, stability, performance, etc? Specially, when compared to the most popular 2.2 ROMs: FLB r10b, JJ RLS9, and even MCR r12?

Guest StevenHarperUK
What are your general opinions after 2 days with this ROM, regarding speed, bugs, battery life, stability, performance, etc? Specially, when compared to the most popular 2.2 ROMs: FLB r10b, JJ RLS9, and even MCR r12?

The WiFi is as near as perfect as its going to get - restarts and connects in about 2 seconds.

I tried CM7 nightly 23, FLB 10b and SS RLS2 last night and of all of them this is the one I preferred (Although FLB 10b is very polished).

It looks like that ZTE have finally fixed a lot of the little bugs in this first European 2.2 release.

Its seems very very responsive to touch, noticeably over other ROMS, this makes it feel far snappier (even thou it may not be)

For me it is now my main ROM. - With Frankish's lovely theme