[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest jesuita

Hello,

First of all, great rom, made me finnaly jump from JJR9.

Just came up with 1 little problem, today out of nowhere Automatic Brightness stopped working.. its allways at maximum brightness.

Any ideia on how to solve this without haveing to reinstall the rom again?

Regards,

Jesuita

Guest Len Ash
Hello,

First of all, great rom, made me finnaly jump from JJR9.

Just came up with 1 little problem, today out of nowhere Automatic Brightness stopped working.. its allways at maximum brightness.

Any ideia on how to solve this without haveing to reinstall the rom again?

Regards,

Jesuita

Just reinstall without wipe...

Question is, what caused it?

Guest rheumatoid

well impressed with the battery life on this. Need to go out so putting it on charge before I go but after 3 days and 3 hours still at 25%. Wifi on all the time (set to go off with screen off and reconnecting flawlessly), checking for work email using roadsync every 15 mins and personal email using inbuilt client every hour. Google syncing calendar, contacts, etc. Have been using it for browsing and texting with a bit of GPS but not made any calls. :)

Edited by rheumatoid

Guest Spies
well impressed with the battery life on this. Need to go out so putting it on charge before I go but after 3 days and 3 hours still at 25%. Wifi on all the time (set to go off with screen off and reconnecting flawlessly), checking for work email using roadsync every 15 mins and personal email using inbuilt client every hour. Google syncing calendar, contacts, etc. Have been using it for browsing and texting with a bit of GPS but not made any calls. :)

You on RLS4? How do you not have any wakelock issues :)

Guest rheumatoid

RLS4b. wiped everything before install and works perfect. non of the wifi issues that i had with modaco r4 requiring the use of blade wifi fix.

- sorry!

Guest newbornlife

I couldn't find any topic mentioning it, but I have a problem with text messages while using SS that wasn't there when using JJ.

When I type a message using 75 Greek characters (well I am Greek so I use greek a lot :) I get a notification that the message is sent as 2 messages, while normally I could send 160 characters as one message.

To give some more detail, when I type the second Greek character of the text message the count drops from 159 to 68 characters left.

I use the Greek keyboard v0.9.1

Does anybody knows why that happens, or if anything could be done to fix it?

thanks

Guest kallt_kaffe
I couldn't find any topic mentioning it, but I have a problem with text messages while using SS that wasn't there when using JJ.

When I type a message using 75 Greek characters (well I am Greek so I use greek a lot :) I get a notification that the message is sent as 2 messages, while normally I could send 160 characters as one message.

To give some more detail, when I type the second Greek character of the text message the count drops from 159 to 68 characters left.

thanks

Just guessing but what likely happens is it detects you are using greek and propably uses DBCS or something similar together with a header (that eats 20 characters from the looks of it). So basicly you get 70 double byte charactes = 140 one-byte characters + 20 character header = 160 characters.

I'm just guessing but it seems like a likely explanation.

Guest h@mster81

Really weird. Dialer is top on the network usage list. Using more data than Gmail and opera mini!!!

Is it normal? Maybe this causing that strange wake lock and battery drain.

Edited by h@mster81

Guest kgian

thanks

Use Handcent SMS app for messaging and you will have 160 characters per sms. All of us (Greeks) use it :)

Guest Aellius

I'm interested in this rom, especially because it has a feature that I might have misunderstood.

"Wifi added as a tetherable upstream interface (use phone as a Wifi card substitute)"

Does this mean that I can connect my phone to my PC through USB and use it as a wifi card?

If yes, then how would I do this? If no, then what does this mean?

Guest Armod
I'm interested in this rom, especially because it has a feature that I might have misunderstood.

"Wifi added as a tetherable upstream interface (use phone as a Wifi card substitute)"

Does this mean that I can connect my phone to my PC through USB and use it as a wifi card?

If yes, then how would I do this? If no, then what does this mean?

It means exactly that. Under Wireless Settings, there is an option Tethering and Mobile Hotspot, you turn on USB-tethering and your wifi and connect to your pc. Your pc then recognizes a new network.

Guest styxxx
I have been trying to get this working for days but have had mixed results. It does sync but not reliably. It keeps re-syncing the entire inbox (set to 3 days) every few hours or so. Very annoying and battery draining. Partial wake up in spare parts has the email app as the biggest battery drainer.

Hi,

I am still unable to connect to an Exchange 2010 (did the whipe etc. before applying the ROM). Has anybody found some ideas or fixes for that. I just switched over from flbsan 11b (where it work perfectly)...

cheers,

hirsel

hi

guyz can sy pls help me

I cannot configure excahnge on this rom

it say that the network is unreachable it has an I/o problem

I double chechked the APN setting they are ok. Tryed it over wifi connection, and the results are the same.

With both mobile internet and wifi the browser works fine. Somehow the exchange email configuraiont stops after it should check the settings, and ask me to accept the security setting of exchange server.

What could cause the problem?

thank you for your help in advance!!

Exchange 2010 sync not working on this rom pretty much makes it a non starter for most of us. Had to go back to FLB11b where everything is just perfect. Since this is a know issue, you could make a note for this on the 1st page to let people know what to expect.. some people are messing up their good setup to find out they can't use email on their phones. Or just fix it quickly in the next rls.

Edited by styxxx

Guest Aellius
It means exactly that. Under Wireless Settings, there is an option Tethering and Mobile Hotspot, you turn on USB-tethering and your wifi and connect to your pc. Your pc then recognizes a new network.

Thanks for the info!

Guest Carbonize
Exchange 2010 sync not working on this rom pretty much makes it a non starter for most of us.

Most? I'd say a few possible a fifth of users if that.

Guest shootomanUK

Just wondering if anybody is having problems with the GPS, i open google maps app but it just stays on loading screen and eventually says there is no data connection, although my data connection is on and working as i tried ebay app and it works. Also the GPS icon is not showing, the checkbox in the location settings for the GPS is checked but still nothing ?

any help would be great

thanks.

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest oldfella
Just wondering if anybody is having problems with the GPS, i open google maps app but it just stays on loading screen and eventually says there is no data connection, although my data connection is on and working as i tried ebay app and it works. Also the GPS icon is not showing, the checkbox in the location settings for the GPS is checked but still nothing ?

any help would be great

thanks.

probably doesnt help, but my guess is it hasnt got to the point of opening gps as it hasnt found a data link. Are you using 3G/2G ie not wifi

also try another app that uses gps

Edited by oldfella

Guest shootomanUK
probably doesnt help, but my guess is it hasnt got to the point of opening gps as it hasnt found a data link. Are you using 3G/2G ie not wifi

also try another app that uses gps

im using 3G on giffgaff unlimited data plan, the internet works though, and i dont have any other GPS apps ??

it was working fine until i updated to gen2 and flashed with this rom ??

strange.