[How To] Install Recovery and Flash Roms

Guest temp_84_m

Guest JasonLeeming

if you have 4.0.1.5 cwm installed, downgrade from 4.0.1.5 to 4.0.1.4 then back to 4.0.1.5 install these through cwm so you`ll have to use the .update files instead of .img

4.0.1.4 update

4.0.1.5 update

should solve it

Thanks. But, if I have to install through ClockworkMod, surely I won't be able to install them, because I can't select anything using the Home button?

Guest Racerboy

its a key mapping problem i think 1 of the other buttons is select , you can install http://android.podtw...oncake-gen1.img through recovery manager and then reboot to cwm which should then have correct keymapping and then update through cwm to 4.0.1.5 with the .update file above

btw the hard button make call is select

Edited by Racerboy

Guest JasonLeeming

its a key mapping problem i think 1 of the other buttons is select , you can install http://android.podtw...oncake-gen1.img through recovery manager and then reboot to cwm which should then have correct keymapping and then update through cwm to 4.0.1.5 with the .update file above

btw the hard button make call is select

Thanks. This helped. I didn't bother updating back to 4.0.1.5, and it worked fine. My girlfriend's phone is running great now I've updated it to 2.3.4.

Thanks for your help RacerBoy.

• 4 months later...
Guest daniel3ub

Hi.

One question: how do one press Home to select the desired option if the Home button is a soft button in my ZTE X850 from China Unicom?

Is there another way to choose the option that I don´t know? Or the hone I have in my hands is not a Racer?

Thanks!

Forget about it. Didn´t read the posts above. Shame on me.

Edited by daniel3ub

• 4 months later...
Guest jean.michel.78

hello thanks for this topic but i wonder if i can use this process for a zte link which is in android 1.6

i have rooted this phone

• 1 month later...
Guest gogobelo

Hi! I have a ZTE Racer 2 ,software version:2.2.3, Krenel:2.6.32.9 and I tried to root it with Universal Androot V:1.6.1 and I didn't made it .Can you help me please?

Mesage on the phone after I tried to root : Failed! No -----Fu goo--- Thanks!

Guest equiliym

Hi! I have a ZTE Racer 2 ,software version:2.2.3, Krenel:2.6.32.9 and I tried to root it with Universal Androot V:1.6.1 and I didn't made it .Can you help me please?

Mesage on the phone after I tried to root : Failed! No -----Fu goo--- Thanks!

you should totally check racer2 thread since it differs from racer method, take some time and read through the posts to find rootkit and recovery for it