screen won't turn off automaticlly while being charged

Guest xibianliang

Guest xibianliang

i set screen off time at 1 min, both on battery and external power, but the setting doesn't apply when the phone is being charged. it works as it should when on battery power . but when i plug my omnia2 into AC outlet or computer USB port, i have to turn the screen off manually by pressing the lock button. also, the backlight and screen off timers sometimes change on their own when being plugged. please advise what else i can do to fix the problem except do a hard reset.Thank you a lot ahead!

Guest Darius P.
i set screen off time at 1 min, both on battery and external power, but the setting doesn't apply when the phone is being charged. it works as it should when on battery power . but when i plug my omnia2 into AC outlet or computer USB port, i have to turn the screen off manually by pressing the lock button. also, the backlight and screen off timers sometimes change on their own when being plugged. please advise what else i can do to fix the problem except do a hard reset.Thank you a lot ahead!

FW>>>>

To solve this problem, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\ and change 'ACUserIdle' value (Default is 0) to your desired number (in seconds). This setting turns off your screen after your set setting once the screen goes dim.

(e.g. I set it to 120 and I set my "Turn of backlight" in Samsung settings to 1 mins. This means in 3 mins the screen will turn off regardless of what application I have running in the background).

Guest xibianliang
FW>>>>

To solve this problem, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\ and change 'ACUserIdle' value (Default is 0) to your desired number (in seconds). This setting turns off your screen after your set setting once the screen goes dim.

(e.g. I set it to 120 and I set my "Turn of backlight" in Samsung settings to 1 mins. This means in 3 mins the screen will turn off regardless of what application I have running in the background).

Thank you! yeah, with the ACUserIdle' value, the screen will turn off within the specific time no matter if the phone is plugged or not, and i no more have that issue.but the backlight timers still change randomly without asking me first.