How To Change Icons Etc In Rom

Guest Ang3l0912

Guest Ang3l0912

Hello All i will be uploading a tutorial later with screen shots to try help the curious side of some of you

Sorry For No Audio As Mic Busted

Video Tutorial

Right Have Managed To Fix it so it works =]

Right just edit on the changing .apk to .zip you dont need i found out you can edit it without changing the file extension

This Is Update.zip you need to useUpdate.zip All you do is put your framework apk in the frame work folder in the zip flash and done

Most Importantly Make Back up off the original framework-res.apk incase is does not work

Here Update.zip with the original Framework in it Original Framework

Here Is Another Tutorial For You lot how to edit notification bar icons etc Status Bar Tutorial Here Is Also the update.zip Update.zip just insert the apk file in to the app folder which is inside and flash in recovery done

The File Attached Is A Trial Status Bar Bit Colour In A ROM If you want to try feel free but back up your rom first just incase you dont like it PS.Work in progress lol

Status_Bar_Etc.zip

post-796039-1300750259_thumb.png

post-796039-1300750269_thumb.png

post-796039-1300750279_thumb.png

post-796039-1300750286_thumb.png

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest sandy-achar

When we change the images for the notification bar , etc , will we have to change the spacing between the images manually ? Also can we do this to any app we want to install , i.e change the images in the app ?

Guest Ang3l0912
When we change the images for the notification bar , etc , will we have to change the spacing between the images manually ? Also can we do this to any app we want to install , i.e change the images in the app ?

how do you mean spacing between images and i never attempted it with a app so if it did go wrong mmm

by the way had try changing signal etc and you cant the theme of the rom takes over im tryign to look into how to change that

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest sandy-achar

In the 2.3 rom , the spacing between the status icons like battery and signal is very little , replacing those images with larger ones will make it overlap right ? So should we increase this spacing manually ?

Guest Ang3l0912
In the 2.3 rom , the spacing between the status icons like battery and signal is very little , replacing those images with larger ones will make it overlap right ? So should we increase this spacing manually ?

it has to be exactly the same 64x64 image nd 32bit

Guest Ang3l0912
What about the other images in the framework-res.apk ? Even they have to be of the exact same size ?

the size can not be changed or could make things look odd i done nice set of changes i upload screen shot 2 secs

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest Ang3l0912
this is just like my metamorph tutorial that i never uploaded xD nice work ang3l

thank you was hard to do with no audio lol

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest Ang3l0912

Hello People i am trying to figure out how to change icons in the status bar etc but proving to be a pain lol

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest equiliym
Hello People i am trying to figure out how to change icons in the status bar etc but proving to be a pain lol

lol.. this is really nice, its giving my phone some lively colors :D tho i suggest you use metamorph for themes, not to upload the whole apk, it might be easier

Guest Ang3l0912
lol.. this is really nice, its giving my phone some lively colors :D tho i suggest you use metamorph for themes, not to upload the whole apk, it might be easier

i did think about that option but i find it easier with the update.zip way im used to but i may bare in mind the suggestion for future reference

Guest equiliym
i did think about that option but i find it easier with the update.zip way im used to but i may bare in mind the suggestion for future reference

well its more or less the same, both ways phone must be rebooted :D its nice anyway, good work

Guest Ang3l0912
well its more or less the same, both ways phone must be rebooted :D its nice anyway, good work

thank you if you wish i can do custom ones on request

Guest predo1306
Hello All i will be uploading a tutorial later with screen shots to try help the curious side of some of you

Video Tutorial

Right just edit on the changing .apk to .zip you dont need i found out you can edit it without changing the file extension

This Is Update.zip you need to useUpdate.zip All you do is put your framework apk in the frame work folder in the zip flash and done

Most Importantly Make Back up off the original framework-res.apk incase is does not work

Here Is Another Tutorial For You lot how to edit notification bar icons etc Status Bar Tutorial Here Is Also the update.zip Update.zip just insert the apk file in to the app folder which is inside and flash in recovery done

The File Attached Is A Trial Status Bar Bit Colour In A ROM If you want to try feel free but back up your rom first just incase you dont like it PS.Work in progress lol

Very good tutorial. The icons look great when they change colors.

Edited by predo1306

• 1 month later...
Guest electricdel

Video Tutorial

Will this work with the 2.2 mod on here?