Convert mkv to?

Guest pitepalten

Guest pitepalten

I'm trying to play some clips on my phone but i can't get it to work. Anyone know how to convert mkv files to valid optimus - files ? :D

Guest the1c3man
I'm trying to play some clips on my phone but i can't get it to work. Anyone know how to convert mkv files to valid optimus - files ? :D

Try gotsent or xenonmkv, thats what i use to convert mkvs so they can play on ps3/xbox 360.

Guest pitepalten
Try gotsent or xenonmkv, thats what i use to convert mkvs so they can play on ps3/xbox 360.

Also use gotsent for ps3 but it doesnt work for th optimus. But i found something that works. ADVERTISING SPAM mkv converter

Guest Sorensiim

Screw converting - this phone has plenty of oomph to just plow on through. Install Rockplayer from market and enjoy your files :D

I just watched a 720P mkv file on the phone with no problems :D

Screw converting - this phone has plenty of oomph to just plow on through. Install Rockplayer from market and enjoy your files :D

I just watched a 720P mkv file on the phone with no problems :D

can you show the output of mediainfo on that file that played? wondering if it was h264+ac3 with which bandwidths.

jasper

Guest T0yK4T
can you show the output of mediainfo on that file that played? wondering if it was h264+ac3 with which bandwidths.

jasper

Would like to know that as well, I've tried with an MKV myself, x264, 720p and a relatively high bitrate (not completely sure how high)

And all i saw was a flurry of lag... This is probably due to the fact that there's no real hardware decoder for x264 in android (yet?)...

Would like to know that as well, I've tried with an MKV myself, x264, 720p and a relatively high bitrate (not completely sure how high)

And all i saw was a flurry of lag... This is probably due to the fact that there's no real hardware decoder for x264 in android (yet?)...

There is in Rockplayer, is has hardware accelaration so it should be able to work.

Guest Schmew

About converting the mkv files:

Just change the filename from Mkv to Avi and it will play on the QQPlayer. It will be laggy tho. Or convert to mp4 so it will play properly with no lag or sound desync

Edited by Schmew

Guest Sorensiim

Doooooh - sorry for getting your hopes up guys: I was playing the wrong file. 720p mkv studders like mad in rockplayer, hardware decryption is not yet supported for the Tegra2 :D