[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp
So I had a Gen1 phone and ROMManager did not warn me about that. Solved witht TPT+CM7N60 installation.

Yeah, Rom Manager has been gen2 for a while now. It still works with older recoveries (which you can optional install at the bottom) but it does keep bugging you to put on the gen 2 recovery no matter what gen of phone you have.

Guest Totyasrác

New issue: sitting in the office and started to hear some strange, quite little sounds (a bit of white noise, very quietly and some popping/cracking sounds every now and then).

Anyone experienced similar issue? HW-buttons don't wake the phone while I hear these sounds so Blade should be in sleep state but something is using the speaker...

(I'm on Nightly60)

Guest LVL91
N61 battery life is amazing. I installed it last night and its been on standby for 10 hours and 20 mins browsing and so far its dropped only 3%.

I was on 7.0.2 and battery life was pretty bad so i went back to N39 and now i am happy with N60.

I have no GPS reboots, very smooth interface, usb charging working properly now, Just the wifi reconnect problem but i can live with it.

GEN1 UK OLED using converter and N60.

What do you mean with 'very smooth inferface'? Froyo-smooth like smooth in menu's, or game-smooth like standard gingerbread?

I am still waiting for the day to come when cyanogenmod 7 will be smooth all the way...

And wifi not reconnecting is a big disadvantage for me.

My Desire is being repaired, so SS5 is the best option to use it as a normal phone...

Edited by LVL91

Guest devilkazuya

I mean "Froyo-smooth". The menus and homescreen are not as jerky. This is improved since 7.0.2, I am using launcher pro. If you search for blade wifi on market there is a fix for the reconnect problem

I have gone back to Froyo many times for stability but battery life is nowhere near the CM7, i did ofcourse do full wipes, battery calibration blah blah

Edited by devilkazuya

Guest targetbsp
And wifi not reconnecting is a big disadvantage for me.

The wifi reconnecting works for me as long as the sleep policy is never.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

I've HUGUE battery drain on N60 yesterday... But I can't say that's ROM fault cause I've play some emulators before... Any way, from 100% when I go to sleep to 49% in the morning (GPS, wifi, 2G/3G off)... :mellow:

Dialer show 100% of use.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest MitsosTheGreat

There is a problem with connecting to WiFi AdHoc network. It tries to connect and fails. Pls fix.

:mellow:

Guest mELIANTE
New issue: sitting in the office and started to hear some strange, quite little sounds (a bit of white noise, very quietly and some popping/cracking sounds every now and then).

Anyone experienced similar issue? HW-buttons don't wake the phone while I hear these sounds so Blade should be in sleep state but something is using the speaker...

(I'm on Nightly60)

Never heard it before but after reading your post I put the speaker to my ear and the noise is there.

Battery drains explained maybe?

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest enDal

(I'm on Nightly60)

I did at least on 7.0.2, haven't checked on N61 yet, you can star this issue: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3608

Guest The Soup Thief
Never heard it before but after reading your post I put the speaker to my ear and the noise is there.

Very interesting - i'm on n61 also but I can't make out these sounds from my phone. Listened hard with i) phone on, ii) screen off but not sleeping and iii) sleeping. Had each of the volume settings turned full-up just in case. Couldn't hear a thing

Further though, I've not experienced the dialler (or any other) power drain noted by others, with just 4% battery loss over the 5 hours since flashing 61 and unplugging from charger

Guest Totyasrác
I did at least on 7.0.2, haven't checked on N61 yet, you can star this issue: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3608

I see, then it's not my Blade doing it (actually, a UK-sourced [gen1] SanFran with OLED display).

I haven't tried any stable versions since 7.0.0 and not wanting to place my issue with a Nightly to the bugtracker...

Guest bladerunner81

I had this issue sometimes with 7.0.2 (TPT from Gen1 TFT). Reboot fixed issue, but I could not reliably reproduce it. Seems to be gone since N60 for me, also much improved battery life with N60, now on N61 & no issues so far.

Something interesting happened when this "speaker crackling"-issue came up on my blade. Sound in calls (and the ringing tone) was severely distorted, nearly impossible to understand. Sounded like too much volume & clipping to me.

Guest mELIANTE
I had this issue sometimes with 7.0.2 (TPT from Gen1 TFT). Reboot fixed issue, but I could not reliably reproduce it. Seems to be gone since N60 for me, also much improved battery life with N60, now on N61 & no issues so far.

Something interesting happened when this "speaker crackling"-issue came up on my blade. Sound in calls (and the ringing tone) was severely distorted, nearly impossible to understand. Sounded like too much volume & clipping to me.

I'm on n60 and have it, never noticed it before.

Guest yamahaxjr
I've HUGUE battery drain on N60 yesterday... But I can't say that's ROM fault cause I've play some emulators before... Any way, from 100% when I go to sleep to 49% in the morning (GPS, wifi, 2G/3G off)... :mellow:

Dialer show 100% of use.

Me too. This happened with N60. Went to bed yesterday with 40 % phone battery left. At morning phone was off and there was only 1 % battery left. I checked in the evening that Wifi and gps were off and even the phone was forced to use 2G network. The problem is, that you can´t know how the phone uses elecricity. One night can go with only 5 % loss of energy and the other night can use 50 % of battery.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

(I'm on Nightly60)

Related to my battery drain with dialer intensive usage, I've hear the same sound... Battery drop from 100% to 49% on some 8 hours...

Guest cjp666
N61 battery life is amazing. I installed it last night and its been on standby for 10 hours and 20 mins browsing and so far its dropped only 3%.

I was on 7.0.2 and battery life was pretty bad so i went back to N39 and now i am happy with N60.

I have no GPS reboots, very smooth interface, usb charging working properly now, Just the wifi reconnect problem but i can live with it.

GEN1 UK OLED using converter and N60.

I flashed N61 this morning (no wipe so will try that tonight) and GPS rebooted after 28 minutes.

Guest tukkis
Ohh crikey! That sounds suspiciously like the proximity sensor bug rearing it's ugly head...

Phew! Just tested it here - no such problems on mine

Called my landline - screen went off as it should as I raised the phone to my head. Kept call live 20 secs or so then hung up on the landline. Screen came back on immediately just as it should

I'm on N60 also, btw

EDIT - tukkis - try this - settings>call settings>tick In-call touch UI

It didn't work with those settings you suggested. I tried with N60 and N61. Same thing, screen turns off instantly when I start to call someone and keys are not working. I have to remove the battery to end the call..

My Blade is GEN2 White and bought in Finland last week, and I think I have a different proximity sensor that GEN1 and first GEN2 in the market.. I've read something about it, but no solution to it?

Will CM7.1.0 fix this? Or what is next "major" update?

Guest sej7278
It didn't work with those settings you suggested. I tried with N60 and N61. Same thing, screen turns off instantly when I start to call someone and keys are not working. I have to remove the battery to end the call..

My Blade is GEN2 White and bought in Finland last week, and I think I have a different proximity sensor that GEN1 and first GEN2 in the market.. I've read something about it, but no solution to it?

Will CM7.1.0 fix this? Or what is next "major" update?

i think the whites have different hardware (the whites have that delicate-looking plastic cover too - the greys are more like rugged rubber) as my sister bought a gen1 white at the same time and from the same supplier as my gen1 grey and she's had battery problems even on froyo. mine has been faultless even with cm7 n60.

n59 onwards is cm 7.1.0 "RC0", it has the 2.3.4 api and 2.6.32 kernel.

Guest sej7278
I flashed N61 this morning (no wipe so will try that tonight) and GPS rebooted after 28 minutes.

you sure you didn't update google maps to 5.4 that was released the last day or so - as maps always seems to reboot the first time after you've upgraded it - it did on mine running n60 (and after the previous maps update with n57).

since then its worked fine, as has igo8.

Guest lordofangels

Hi all,

Flashed N61 full wipe, now my sd card will not mount, any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Card wont show in windows, could it be buggered?

LoA

Edited by lordofangels

Guest redironman

(I'm on Nightly60)

Yep I got that on 7.0.2

Not seen it since n60 though

Guest stephen m
The last version with no charger issue was a long while ago! Mid to late 30's. I still use N35 because after that there was the buggy overclocking followed by the charging bug.

For visibility in sun you want the display brightness up as high as possible and as least reflective a screen as possible (so your screen protector if you have one, will have the biggest effect on visibility)

Anyone recommend a tried and tested screen protector that makes it easier to see the screen in sunlight

Guest mELIANTE

(I'm on Nightly60)

New update on this, battery drain stops when the sound goes off (after a reboot). The sound is triggered by the phone apk, when it rings. I bet that's why the dialler is always up there in the battery usage stats.

Guest cjp666
you sure you didn't update google maps to 5.4 that was released the last day or so - as maps always seems to reboot the first time after you've upgraded it - it did on mine running n60 (and after the previous maps update with n57).

since then its worked fine, as has igo8.

I don't use Google maps; I use AllSport GPS for tracking my mountain bike riding. In the process at look at Endomondo as well. I've just installed kallt_kaffe's GPS fix and I'll see how I get on over the weekend.