[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest simonckenyon

why are some files extracted from the phone during a build when we have the source code for them?

why is the kernel and modules not built along with the rest of the system?

Guest hedgepigdaniel
why are some files extracted from the phone during a build when we have the source code for them?

Don't know about proprietary files, but the kernel is built by the devs, its just built seperately from a different repository and then the built kernel is included in the cyanogenmod repository. Maybe its to make it easier to experiment with the kernel code (which is finicky and important) and test it without having to build the entire ROM or go through code review.

Guest fonix232

The files what are currently extracted can not be build from source (e.g. whe do not have them or what we got is not compatible with the phone). For the kernel, our one is a 2.6.32-9 kernel what is way behind the official CM kernel -> no official CM kernel support (and by official CM kernel, I mean a kernel what is directly for CM, with tweaks and updates for the CyangogenMod for the device).

Guest surfatwork
what is include in n76 fix?

whatever is required to make N76 work....

if you are interested in a nightly, then atleast take the trouble to read back a few posts from the point where the nightly was released. If you cant be bothered to do even that, then you shouldnt be dabbling with CM7 anyway. A forum is not a helpline chat window - this is a place where "patient" people try out unreleased software and post their findings - so that people who can be bothered to read do so.

sorry if I am being rude, but the topic is going to the dogs with lazy questions such as these

Guest Aab2011
what is include in n76 fix?

Oh. My. God.

Please read the 1st post for this type of question. Please.

But because you will ignore that advice, goto this link and see for yourself.

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

Looks like some Blade specific stuff will be in next nightly! - or more likely stable.

Edited by Aab2011

Guest lesa0208
two punches to the face and a kick in the nuts for not reading threads properly..

dude what is your problem?

Edited by lesa0208

Guest hedgepigdaniel

We could cut half of the junk out of this thread by not wasting time complaining to people for posting junk. I will only say it once...

Guest Grain
because the blade is designed in hardware to turn wifi off when the CPU is sleeping.

AFAIK the wifi hardware is 'dumb' and does not come with an own microcontroller that can keep the connection alive on its own (without the help of the CPU). This is a cost saving measure basically. With the CPU sleeping there is not much wifi active can achieve anyways (after a while, TCP connections would break without CPU, too). What one *could* do would be waking up the CPU only every, say, 30 seconds, to handle application-level data transfer, prevent TCP timeouts, etc., but that's quite a hack really.

BTW this is also explained on Status of CyanogenMod for the Blade.

Guest burstlam
are we talking N74 and below?

yes,

after V5 script

tried N74 official build

and N72 fixed , N75 76 compiled myself from source.

1st boot no signal found.

I will try to roll back to v3 script later and see what will happen

Guest hedgepigdaniel
yes,

after V5 script

tried N74 official build

and N72 fixed , N75 76 compiled myself from source.

1st boot no signal found.

I will try to roll back to v3 script later and see what will happen

v4 is all you need - it has the old amss.mbn. If you do find a difference, be sure to let wbaw know, so that people stop flashing the new one.

Guest Amphoras

Just saw

blade: Update release to 7.0.4

Looks like we should get another stable release soon, so we'll be able to report any bugs properly.

Guest tomasvilda
Just saw

Looks like we should get another stable release soon, so we'll be able to report any bugs properly.

As I understand 7.0.x is and will be based on 2.3.3

Guest _amano

It will. But 7.0.4 will ship at least with the latest kernel fixes by Tom_G and HDCR.Jacob, bringing 2.3.3. and 2.3.4 to a similar level from a Blade point of view (sensors fixed etc.). Thus a few new bugs could be filed (perhaps e. g. the new proximity sensor regression after the "don't enable light sensor if not used"-patch backed out in N73+; originally it went in in N70).

Updating libaudio means it will probably suffer from the same battery drainage as the current nightlys (if Grain is right that the libaudio is still slightly active during sleep even with Tom_G's latest fix).

blade: Bring gingerbread-release branch up to date with gingerbread.

This includes all commits since the branch was created, except for the dhcp stuff for 2.3.4

blade: update libaudio

Fix issue 3608.

Blade: Update prebuilt kernel.

Contains minor touchscreen fix and a BFQ update.

blade: new sensor lib

New gingerbread style sensor lib. It is hoped this will help with accelerometer lag issues some users

experience using the old froyo sensor lib.

blade: update kernel

Fix hardware keyboard detection bug introduced by change 5195.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/5195

Edited by _amano

Guest Grain
It will. But 7.0.4 will ship at least with the latest kernel fixes by Tom_G and HDCR.Jacob, bringing 2.3.3. and 2.3.4 to a similar level from a Blade point of view (sensors fixed etc.). Thus a few new bugs could be filed (perhaps e. g. the new proximity sensor regression after the "don't enable light sensor if not used"-patch backed out in N73+).

Updating libaudio means it will probably suffer from the same battery drainage as the current nightlys (if Grain is right that the libaudio is still slightly active during sleep even with Tom_G's latest fix).

The libaudio drain bug has been there in 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 as well, but in a slightly different way. I guess the current version of the bug is slightly better than the old one so this is a minor improvement. :P

Guest _amano

I am not too sure, if I can reproduce your findings and that I can hear anything at N72+ (might be my not so golden ears though). But if you are right, please make sure that the affected bug isn't auto-closed for the 2.0.4 release and that Tom_G is made aware of still existing parts of the former big problem.

Edited by _amano

Guest Grain
It's still there. I saw several temperature-related reboots, but also at least one week nothing like that. The bug is really quite random. But it is not fixed and will not go away on its own :P .

Actually wbaw said GEN2 fixes that. Anyone running GEN2 and Battery Monitor Widget can confirm that battery temperature readings are fine there even with the phone sleeping?

Guest emc02
Actually wbaw said GEN2 fixes that. Anyone running GEN2 and Battery Monitor Widget can confirm that battery temperature readings are fine there even with the phone sleeping?

with my Gen.2 (Original Gen.1) Blade and N74 temerature still goes up to about 57°C without getting realy warm, so bug is still there

Guest champrock

Hey

I am facing this for 3nights consecutively now. The phone goes on "awake" for a lot of time when I am sleeping and drains a lot of battery. Can anyone tell me how I can investigate the matter more? I just know how to check in spareparts and this batterystatus. Spareparts doesnt give a very accurate answer and everything seems normal in that.

hptbaw.png

Any sort of custom programme that I can run in order to investigate it a bit more?

thanks

PS: I am on N74. I keep wifioff, dataenabled (but through droidwall only maps and browser are allowed dataaccess), no 3g.

Edited by champrock

Hey

I am facing this for 3nights consecutively now. The phone goes on "awake" for a lot of time when I am sleeping and drains a lot of battery. Can anyone tell me how I can investigate the matter more? I just know how to check in spareparts and this batterystatus. Spareparts doesnt give a very accurate answer and everything seems normal in that.

Any sort of custom programme that I can run in order to investigate it a bit more?

thanks

PS: I am on N74. I keep wifioff, dataenabled (but through droidwall only maps and browser are allowed dataaccess), no 3g.

Hey,

You can take a look at the active services when you get up (menu button > settings > applications > active services (just raw translation, it's the 3rd entry, my French rom reads "Services en cours d'exécution")), : normally apps that woke up while you were asleep should still be open. Check the cached services (push the menu button while on the active services screen) as well.

Finally you can check the applications: it's not very practical, but the probable culprits are Maps, the Market, the Amazon Appstore, aso.

To prevent these apps from randomly starting, I personally use Autorun Manager (donated version), which I find very efficient.

Edited by Guest

Guest simonckenyon
The files what are currently extracted can not be build from source (e.g. whe do not have them or what we got is not compatible with the phone).

that was what i thought, but then http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5312 popped up and that now build libsensors whereas before we just extracted it from the phone.

made me think that maybe there were others.

Guest simonckenyon

they swing all over the place. they just don't cause the phone to shut down.

the effect is fixed. but the cause is not resolved.

Guest targetbsp
Hey

Did you make any calls during the day? Check sensors under spare parts for the dialler?