[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I also need several tries to get the statusbar brightness control to work. when i tried it the first times, it doesnt work, but now, several hours later, i tried it again and get it working. my mistake was, that i release my finger too early from the display:

* touch the statusbar in the middle and leave your finger on the screen after it pops out

* move the finger to the left or right side and dont release for at least one second

* now the brightness should change and you can adjust the brightness a little bit more or just release the finger

Ha! Es geht, es geht!

Oh sorry, wrong language. Ha! It works, it works.

Guest ladiko
But i think that Status Bar Brightness control needs some fixing, it's not that handy imo..

i agree, the brightness change should be faster and sometimes it doesnt work anyway - and looks like i'm not alone with that problem as several people here need further instruction for the usage. on the other hand, it's a neat feature. maybe there are some other slidebar features which could be adjusted that way.

On the other hand, i still don't know what's the problem with the autobrightness, maybe because i don't make calls that often with this phone as i use another low end one with a much better standby time. i got it some years ago bundled with a prepaid card for 2€ - simlock free! i guess alot blade users are cheap charlies like me :D

nokia-1200-thumb.jpg

edit:

sorry for being a little bit offtopic

Edited by ladiko

Guest benjai

Hi, I was on SS for quite a while and loved it. Tried this out but the lack of a smart dialer and 'call log' icon prevent me from using this. I've tried dialer one and a couple other but they all have their own problems and arent as good as that built into SS. Is there any dialer replacement for CM? I've had to revert back to SS for now.

Oh, plus the ADW launcher was so slow...I had to use launcherpro. But that obviously didn't fix my dialer issue. ugh

Edited by benjai

Guest Ythle
Hi, I was on SS for quite a while and loved it. Tried this out but the lack of a smart dialer and 'call log' icon prevent me from using this. I've tried dialer one and a couple other but they all have their own problems and arent as good as that built into SS. Is there any dialer replacement for CM? I've had to revert back to SS for now.

Oh, plus the ADW launcher was so slow...I had to use launcherpro. But that obviously didn't fix my dialer issue. ugh

Just get an replacement from market if your not satisfied with the vanilla one :D

Guest shadowninty
I also need several tries to get the statusbar brightness control to work. when i tried it the first times, it doesnt work, but now, several hours later, i tried it again and get it working. my mistake was, that i release my finger too early from the display:

Settings:

Switch off AutoBrightness: Settings > Display > Brightness > Untick "AutoBrightness"

Enable Statusbar brightness control: Settings > CanogenMod > Interface > Statusbar > Tick "Statusbar brightness control"

* touch the statusbar in the middle and leave your finger on the screen after it pops out

* move the finger not too fast to the left or right side and dont release for one or two second

* now the brightness should change and you can adjust the brightness a little bit more or just release the finger

I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Guest Cobble
kalt_kaffee's GPS fix has stopped the reboot happening after using the GPS for the first time for me, on the offical n88.

Do we still need to flash the kalt_kaffee fix in 88 then?

Guest sej7278

anyone else on orange not got the carrier label in the notification bar since n88? (could have been earlier actually as i've not used this sim in a while)

Guest MidaMilunk

N92 + kk's GPS fix. Not bad, but a few issues:

- Starting Waze for the first time, using it for a few minutes , and the displayed fonts inside the application went wrong. I am used to see this many times with earlier CM7 ROMs, but is never raised its ugly head with the very recent one (which is a hungarian mod from a pre-88 status)

- Market exited one or two times

- When installing all apps, I got a message, that I was running out of storage!! It is kinda nonsense, I have never seen this using the Blade, last tim when I saw, I had the Pulse mini! I did not want to see is again :D

Currently my TPT-to-gen2 is v7 with 160MB system, I can switch to a 138MB system of course, but the difference does not seem to be so big... It is true, that I have forgot to enable APP2SD, but this is not the firs time forgetting this!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest sej7278

anyone seeing that every nightly since n88 is needing you to install gapps now otherwise it doesn't carry your gmail account across in the settings?

i.e. there's no account in sync and market and even google search widget don't work, wifi/carrier icons stay white not green etc,

wondering if i need to do a full wipe now :D

Edited by sej7278

Guest Simono

Just install GAPPS from clockwork recovery if You don't have it. I install from ROM Manager nigtly + GAPPS and all working.

Edited by Simono

Guest hankhandsome

i've just tried flashing N93 and nothing happened - got stuck on the green android for about 10 minutes so i had to pop the battery and re-mount to USB so I can go back to N88

Guest sej7278
Just install GAPPS from clockwork recovery if You don't have it. I install from ROM Manager nigtly + GAPPS and all working.

yes but what i'm saying is that we've never had to do that before. once gapps is installed, all nightlies should just use that one, its not like its been updated in months.

and when i tried flashing gapps separately from the rom install, i had to enter all my gmail account info again.

does everyone do rom+gapps every nightly these days?

Guest Simono

On time I've N92 and it's working goog. I don't remeber how long I must wait on green logo after flash N92 but it's was long.

Edited by Simono

Guest Simono
yes but what i'm saying is that we've never had to do that before. once gapps is installed, all nightlies should just use that one, its not like its been updated in months.

and when i tried flashing gapps separately from the rom install, i had to enter all my gmail account info again.

does everyone do rom+gapps every nightly these days?

I have install rom+gapps from ROM Manager from N88 to N92 yesterday and I don't must to enter all my gmail account info again. After flash it's all working like I just turn on and off phone. After that only Android Market was self-updated.

Edited by Simono

Guest sej7278
I have install rom+gapps from ROM Manager from N88 to N92 yesterday and I don't must to enter all my gmail account info again. After flash it's all working like I just turn on and off phone. After that only Android Market was self-updated.

but if you don't install gapps with the rom, do you lose your account info, that's what i'm seeing.

Guest hecatae
anyone seeing that every nightly since n88 is needing you to install gapps now otherwise it doesn't carry your gmail account across in the settings?

i.e. there's no account in sync and market and even google search widget don't work, wifi/carrier icons stay white not green etc,

wondering if i need to do a full wipe now :D

always do a full wipe if using nightly builds or you could cause many issues that cant be reproduced

Guest hecatae
but if you don't install gapps with the rom, do you lose your account info, that's what i'm seeing.

if you dont install gapps, you dont get anything google.

Guest Simono

Now I install N93+GAPPS from ROM Manager and all working and I have all data and settings to Google.

I have all, I don't lose nothing. On ROM Mananger only checked wipe Dalvik cache.

Edited by Simono

Guest targetbsp

People say you can do this, not install gapps and it keeps your previous settings. It seems random to me. Sometimes I don't install gapps and I have my previous ones and sometimes I have a useless phone with nothing google. Sometimes I install gapps and it all wants setup and others it just logs me happily into google. I don't know what causes this behaviour - maybe the difference between doing it from rom manager and manually in clockwork or something.

Anyway, I just install Gapps always these days to avoid any potential problems.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278
People say you can do this, not install gapps and it keeps your previous settings. It seems random to me. Sometimes I don't install gapps and I have my previous ones and sometimes I have a useless phone with nothing google. Sometimes I install gapps and it all wants setup and others it just logs me happily into google. I don't know what causes this behaviour - maybe the difference between doing it from rom manager and manually in clockwork or something.

Anyway, I just install Gapps always these days to avoid any potential problems.

yes i wonder if its because i've been using my own builds or nightlies via the sdcard for a while, instead of rommanager download.

it doesn't re-download gapps anyway, it just gets it from the sdcard cache, so i suppose its no issue. i've just never seen it before n88 and now i've seen it in n92 and n93 too.

Guest hecatae
yes i wonder if its because i've been using my own builds or nightlies via the sdcard for a while, instead of rommanager download.

it doesn't re-download gapps anyway, it just gets it from the sdcard cache, so i suppose its no issue. i've just never seen it before n88 and now i've seen it in n92 and n93 too.

I stopped using nightly builds when started self building, as it causes less strain on cyanogenmod servers and you get to see what specific change have been merged

Guest LorianNod

On N93 + GPS fix and all looks pretty stable still.

Shame the GPS fix isn't in the build.

First boot after flash hung though, had to drop the battery and then it booted OK (yes I wipe)

Edited by LorianNod