[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

What Kernel version is CM7 using at the moment and is it as fast as Ginger Stir Fry?

GSF would seem to be faster,but is no comparison to cm7 feature wise.And not forgetting cm7 for blade is still work in progress.

With the .35 kernel from the skate we should see some more improvements.

Cm7 is .32 kernel still I believe

Edited by Guest

Guest jayhix

can anyone tell me what the latest most stable rom is? I'm currently running a version dated 25/5/11 dont know what nightly build it is anymore haha.

but its feeling sluggish and im sure there must be a more stable rom available now?

Guest wishmasterf

can anyone tell me what the latest most stable rom is? I'm currently running a version dated 25/5/11 dont know what nightly build it is anymore haha.

but its feeling sluggish and im sure there must be a more stable rom available now?

I use nightly 152 and it is very stable. Do not know about n156/n157 but i think they are also stable. Anyone tried?

Guest wishmasterf

GSF would seem to be faster,but is no comparison to cm7 feature wise.And not forgetting cm7 for blade is still work in progress.

With the .35 kernel from the skate we should see some more improvements.

Cm7 is .32 kernel still I believe

Do we know a changelog between .32 and .35?

Guest Maxsas360

Well flashing GSF after CM7 makes you know what's changed. Battery life is superb so as speed. Wifi bugs are fixed and many things more

Guest Ray-man

Well flashing GSF after CM7 makes you know what's changed. Battery life is superb so as speed. Wifi bugs are fixed and many things more

Hi Maxsas360, Which GSF build are you using?

Thanks,

Ray-Man

Guest The_Duck

Hi Ciels, I'm running the latest nightly, N156, and I have no Wi-Fi issues. This morning I tested the Wi-Fi hot spot feature with a new ANDROID tablet, and that worked fine too.

Which version of Cyanogen are you running?

Anil.

I recently purchased an ASUS Transformer and I use my Blade as a WiFi hotspot for it when I am out and about. My problem is actually the opposite, I can't keep WiFi active when the screen turns off.

I have had to set the screen timeout on the blade to 10 mins and remember to wake the screen periodically to ensure it doesn't sleep.

You wanna see battery drain... try running both 3G and WiFi full tilt for a while !! The poor Blade doesn't seem to know what hit it.

Might have to get me one of the high capacity battery packs and use the original as a spare.

Duck

Guest Maxsas360

Hi Maxsas360, Which GSF build are you using?

Thanks,

Ray-Man

Well I used latest builds. I was satisfied. But CM7 has the features I need and battery life is not a most needed thing so OCing makes it as fast as GSF

Guest androrphin

I use nightly 152 and it is very stable. Do not know about n156/n157 but i think they are also stable. Anyone tried?

I am running n157 and it is stable (14 hours so far).

Guest Anil k Solanki

That may be perfect for you, but for others that is a huge bug.

Hi ididmytime, Fortunately I've never had the issue your reporting. Can you provide more info of your set-up. Which version of Cyanogen, type of Wi-Fi network B/G, Network security used. Have you added any apps which have control over network access?

Anil.

Guest targetbsp

I have had to set the screen timeout on the blade to 10 mins and remember to wake the screen periodically to ensure it doesn't sleep.

You wanna see battery drain... try running both 3G and WiFi full tilt for a while !! The poor Blade doesn't seem to know what hit it.

Sounds like you'd be better off with GSF for your usage.

Would it be possible to overvolt the CPU so that we can achieve higher clocks? Mine does only 710Mhz. :(

Nope. 710 seems the most common from what I've read anyway. It's hardly 'only'. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278

Hi ididmytime, Fortunately I've never had the issue your reporting. Can you provide more info of your set-up. Which version of Cyanogen, type of Wi-Fi network B/G, Network security used. Have you added any apps which have control over network access?

Anil.

its a known problem isn't it - there's no way in cm7 to force the wifi to stay on with the screen off, it may reconnect properly these days, but any downloads will drop off.

GSF doesn't have this issue, although personally i don't fancy it, it would mean a wakelock and having to manually turn off wifi all the time.

Guest ididmytime

Anil.

You do suffer from this issue, for me personally, there are three major bugs Blade users are currently experiencing.

Loss of Wifi when device sleeps.

Loss of LED usage when device sleeps.

Improper audio rooting for VOIP apps (eg Skype)

There are also other issues, such as GPS, FM Radio, Wifi Reconnection, Bluetooth connectivity to devices, which all vary depending on the rom/kernel being used.

GSF currently fixes one of these (wifi)

Current kernel CM7 fixes one (audio)

Older kernel CM7 fixes two (audio + LED)

It's not about what rom is better, it's all about what bugs you are willing to accept, and accepting bugs seems to be a habbit of this community. I have a feeling because this device is so cheap that people accept it for what it is. ZTE is budget through and through, there is no denying that considering how poorly built and buggy their roms are, but if these problems existed on high end devices people would not stand for it.

Guest reallordx

hey, since I updated GMail to newest version, cyanogen's dock setting: "unread Gmail count" doesn't work anymore. I'm on an awesomely stable v125ish (cant remember exactly ;)) version, with great battery performance and working fm radio...

Has this unread thing been fixed im some later version?