[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest geegeethatsme

i did create an partition via recovery, S2E and app2sdgui never finds the partiton.

Check that the ext partition is being mounted. If it's not then neither app will find it on boot and the scripts won't run.

Boot into CWM and go to the partitions and mounts menu option. If there is an option to mount ext partition then it wasn't mounted before. Select that and reboot. It will either then run the scripts, or you can go into apps2sdgui and try from there.

If that still doesn't work then open a terminal on the phone and type the following:

su [This should give you a # prompt to confirm you have superuser status]

/system/bin/a2sd reinstall [This should run a2sd. If there are any problems you will see an [X] against the line that is causing the problem and can takes steps accordingly]

Exit terminal and reboot.

Hope that helps.

Guest targetbsp

The problem:

I dont know when it started in the nightlies, but I flashed n149 and n160 and the notification LED only lights up for a few secounds...

I didnt find anything in the configuration that changed that....

Is it possible the LED stays on forever in n149+?

Thanks

-Nuno

In N126 they put in a new Kernel and keeping the LED on whilst the phone sleeps hasn't been added into the new Kernel yet. No other rom can do it either. CM7 N125 and earlier were the only ones to have this feature. So the only way to keep the LED on is to keep the phone awake. I posted a tasker script to do just that a few posts before yours if you have Tasker. If not, an app like NoLed will do it for you but it will drain the battery faster than that Tasker script.

Guest targetbsp

also did anyone look into the wifi disconnecting?

I've not had any issues with it. How often does it happen? Does it auto-reconnect or do you have to reconnect it yourself?

Guest appolus

I've not had any issues with it. How often does it happen? Does it auto-reconnect or do you have to reconnect it yourself?

yes it auto-reconnect, happen all the time. this didnt happen with ginger stir fry.

i am not the only one with this issue if u read 2-3 pages back ppl also reported this

Edited by appolus

Guest nuno-mc

In N126 they put in a new Kernel and keeping the LED on whilst the phone sleeps hasn't been added into the new Kernel yet. No other rom can do it either. CM7 N125 and earlier were the only ones to have this feature. So the only way to keep the LED on is to keep the phone awake. I posted a tasker script to do just that a few posts before yours if you have Tasker. If not, an app like NoLed will do it for you but it will drain the battery faster than that Tasker script.

Many thanks :)

Guest paulocostavct

Hi sej7278 did you ask if anyone fancy a n161+?

Well i would like to know were i can get it?

I've been using your n149+ and it's been working so smooth that i didn't tried any nightlies since that. Great work dude.

Guest Zver27

Greetings to users and developers.

The question interests. Earlier in the menu at conversation it was possible to choose a conversation recording. Has updated an image on 161 and there was a necessity of a conversation recording, but it has not appeared. Where it was gone? How to return back?

Thanks.

Guest Malfis

have you tried using a usb cable to a pc? car chargers especially are shite and the wall charger isn't 100% reliable when the battery gets "stuck" like that.

Trying PC charging atm, but It was working everything (car charger and wall charger) since I updated to CM7 ...

EDIT: PC charge is working OK. Hmm, what now, because it is so slow :(

Edited by Malfis

Guest sej7278

Trying PC charging atm, but It was working everything (car charger and wall charger) since I updated to CM7 ...

EDIT: PC charge is working OK. Hmm, what now, because it is so slow :(

no idea why it does this, but pc charging is the only reliable method i've found (or powered usb hub, doesn't need pc to be on).

2-3 car chargers i've tried just seem to power the phone but don't charge the battery - that's on stock eclair, mcr12 and cm7, on two gen1 phones.

the wall charger that comes with the phone charges really quickly but eventually they seem to fail. seems to be the same charger with the monte carlo too.

Guest androrphin

no idea why it does this, but pc charging is the only reliable method i've found (or powered usb hub, doesn't need pc to be on).

2-3 car chargers i've tried just seem to power the phone but don't charge the battery - that's on stock eclair, mcr12 and cm7, on two gen1 phones.

the wall charger that comes with the phone charges really quickly but eventually they seem to fail. seems to be the same charger with the monte carlo too.

I'm running N160 and have no problems with any form of charging - PC, wall, car - all work fine.

I've got a car charger that does charge the phone as well as powering it - I use it whilst Sat Nav'ing. You can check under Settings > About Phone > Status > Battery Status

If it says Charging AC - then you getting the full whack and you can use the phone whilst its charging

If it says Charging USB - then you're getting a minimal charge (some USB chargers do not have their pins wired up to allow full charging).

In short I've not had any problems of this kind !

Edited by androrphin

Guest targetbsp

I always run out of space with 160MB on /system. which partition size do you use for cm7(n160) and gapps?

It and CM7 gapps fits inside 138mb. How are you managing to run out of space?

Guest MacGyver2k

I'm running N160 and have no problems with any form of charging - PC, wall, car - all work fine.

I've got a car charger that does charge the phone as well as powering it - I use it whilst Sat Nav'ing. You can check under Settings > About Phone > Status > Battery Status

If it says Charging AC - then you getting the full whack and you can use the phone whilst its charging

If it says Charging USB - then you're getting a minimal charge (some USB chargers do not have their pins wired up to allow full charging).

In short I've not had any problems of this kind !

Thanks for that hint.

Had the same reboot problems with the newer nightlies, everytime i plugged in my usb charger the phone did a reboot.

Older nightlies (N88) run fine without reboot, so i checked the Battery Status / Charging Status.

Everytime i plugged my usb charger in, i first got "Charging (AC)" which changed to "Charging (USB)" a second later.

I replaced my cheap USB cable and now it always stays at "Charging (AC)".

So it seems like newer nightlies can't handle a fast AC -> USB charging switchdown while older nightlies can handle that.

Thanks.

Guest sm4tik

I always run out of space with 160MB on /system. which partition size do you use for cm7(n160) and gapps?

Are you using the gapps-full (or whatever it was called) from the other thread? If so, get the basic gapps package instead and install other google apps from the market.

Guest wishmasterf

Are you using the gapps-full (or whatever it was called) from the other thread? If so, get the basic gapps package instead and install other google apps from the market.

Please link me to the package.

Guest Malfis

Well, loaded up GSF to try if my wall charger is ok. Heh, found that wall charger is broken. Maybe from connected to 230V 24/7 :D... Like you said, phone will recognize it, but that is everyting, no charging. Will try car charger tomorrow - it was causing reboot in CM7... I'm so sorry for blaming CM7! Shame on me :D

Guest appolus

will there be a new nightly who fixed the wifi :D:unsure:

ps. if anyone knows how to fix it manually without waiting for new nightly plz post :)

Edited by appolus

Guest sej7278

will there be a new nightly who fixed the wifi :D:unsure:

ps. if anyone knows how to fix it manually without waiting for new nightly plz post :)

without you doing some work to tell us what is going on there's no way it will get fixed.

have you tried static ip, or wep, or another router, or gingerstirfry?

there only seems to be one other person who has possibly the same problem, the rest of us can't reproduce it and there's nothing on the issue tracker. i'd say its a bug with your router not cm7.