[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ThrashMan

I'm not sure that's strictly true. Google don't make a ROM that works on all devices, AFAIK they release a base OS and HTC, ZTE, Samsung etc have to add the drivers and configs for the hardware they chose to use.

Do you really believe your own statement? I am in no way affiliated with Google, but they do an awesome job. They have so many hardware platforms to support, so many screen resolutions, screen sizes, the list of variables is mind boggling. And the price to us? FREE.

Google make no money directly through ANDROID, they're an advertising company. Without Google, the choices would be, RIM, iOS, Windows 7, and WebOs. All but one are locked down, and only exist to sell hardware. Win7, it's too early to say.

So I for one am very glad Google are writing apps, even ones with a few holes here and there. Finally, just to be clear, I mean no disrespect to you. I simply wanted to add another point of view.

Anil.

Guest targetbsp

I have been trying to keep up with the thread, but there are 2 things that I am unsure of... Is there still unusually high battery drain associated with wifi, and is the notification LED working? Thanks in advance!

Battery drain is fine. LED notifications don't work whilst the phone is asleep.

It seems almost like my Blade has been de-Googled.

When I log into the Market on a PC, it still shows that I have a ZTE Blade in my profile, alongside my ASUS Tablet which I got a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that I still had green icon's a few days ago, so I don't believe the Transformer is the cause.

I have tried flashing and re-flashing the last few nightlies including clearing cache and Dalvik (currently on N165). I have NOT yet tried a full wipe and re-install, as this for me will be the last option.

Any thoughts ?

Duck

Have you been remembering to install gapps during your re-flashing?

Let me guess you did a full wipe? :D I don't know why everyone hates them, I do it for every single ROM I install, I purchased Titanium Backup so restore is no problem and I don't care for old SMS messages. I always prefer things to be "clean".

Maybe I'm a bit OCD but it takes me well over an hour to setup a clean phone precisely how I want it. No-way I'm doing that every day! :DBut then, nor do I have any problems, so I don't need to. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest androrphin

I've just noticed that the brightness icon in my stock power control widget is stuck on "A" for auto. When I press it the screen's brightness does change but the icon doesn't (it used to cycle through different images to simulate the selected brightness and then back to A).

I'm running N160 - does anyone else have this or know of a solution?

Guest sej7278

I'm a bit OCD but it takes me well over an hour to setup a clean phone precisely how I want it. No-way I'm doing that every day! :DBut then, nor do I have any problems, so I don't need to. :)

an hour? takes me best part of a day, in fact i recently did a gen2 tpt, cwm4 and cm7 install on a friend's blade and some basic settings, reinstalling apps etc; that was a morning's work.

i certainly wouldn't wipe data more than once a month, and if you're the type of person who restores stuff with titanium, then you may as well not bother at all, as that's just going to put the crud back in.

Guest targetbsp

Ah. I do re-install with titanium, hence only taking an hour or two. :D User apps only. Except the launcher - that never goes well. I think the only time I've wiped during the life of CM7 was when I switched from Gen 1 to gen2. I have wiped a few times for diagnostic purposes, determined my problem still exists and then restored my nandroid rather than setting up clean again. :D

Gonna take a backup and try that wifi build in a mo.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest The_Duck

I have a thought for you: read the instructions on how to install CM ROMS :P

Mate, that is pretty damn rude.

I ask for some advice from the group and I get some smart ass pop their head in to take a shot at me.

If you have nothing constructive to offer, crawl back under your rock and stay there.

Duck

Guest The_Duck

Have you been remembering to install gapps during your re-flashing?

I will usually only install a new gapps package when I do a full wipe and a re-install. That usually happens when a stable or a RC comes out.

I have been applying nightlies for MONTHS without having to install new gapps packages every time.

Taking your advice though, I grabbed the full gapps package from 15th August and installed that. Hasn't made a lick of difference.

I still don't have the option to add a gmail account to the phone.

So does anyone have any other constructive suggestions other than a full wipe and re-install ?

Duck

Guest targetbsp

hey,

Do anyone found that wake up using the volume +/- button is not functioning? or just me?

I wasn't aware you ever could wake using those buttons? Usually being able to awake using buttons other than power is an indication your phone isn't sleeping correctly. So it's probably a good thing that you now can't. :D

Guest Pelemane

I will usually only install a new gapps package when I do a full wipe and a re-install. That usually happens when a stable or a RC comes out.

I have been applying nightlies for MONTHS without having to install new gapps packages every time.

Taking your advice though, I grabbed the full gapps package from 15th August and installed that. Hasn't made a lick of difference.

So does anyone have any other constructive suggestions other than a full wipe and re-install ?

Duck

Wipe, install latest nightly, install gapps.

Remember "NO WIPE, NO WHINE POLICY".

Guest devilkazuya

TomG has posted a test build for wifi reconnection in comment 86: http://code.google.c.../detail?id=3157

Other things in the rom may be broken and should not be reported as bugs but if the wifi reconnect is confirmed as good it will get submitted. :D

I am testing the wifi patch using this rom, will report shortly:

http://205.185.123.3...KANG-signed.zip

I have another issue with the wifi, i don't know whether anyone has noticed or if its related to the wifi reconnect issue.

If you are downloading something and the screen goes off, the wifi is disconnected and you get incomplete downloads.

Edited by devilkazuya

Guest targetbsp

I have another issue with the wifi, i don't know whether anyone has noticed or if its related to the wifi reconnect issue.

If you are downloading something and the screen goes off, the wifi is disconnected and you get incomplete downloads.

GSF is the only rom that can maintain a wifi connection whilst the phone sleeps. ZTE didn't seem to think anyone would want to do that in earlier roms! I make sure I'm plugged into charger when downloading anything big - that works around it.

Guest WuLiao

I wasn't aware you ever could wake using those buttons? Usually being able to awake using buttons other than power is an indication your phone isn't sleeping correctly. So it's probably a good thing that you now can't. :D

there is a option to wake up using those button in cm setting.

Duck

I havent read too carefully in your previous posts about your issue, but it seems like you wouldnt mind reflash and restore everything and have done so already, maybe try and go all the way and even format /system completely as well before flashing, if you havent tried that already?

GSF is the only rom that can maintain a wifi connection whilst the phone sleeps. ZTE didn't seem to think anyone would want to do that in earlier roms! I make sure I'm plugged into charger when downloading anything big - that works around it.

I wasnt aware of that fix, or in ZTE's eyes bug, with GSF. I really hope we get that in cm7 when the source is released.

there is a option to wake up using those button in cm setting.

I believe the devs havent been able to solve this for the blade, I think I remember reading it was attempted to make it possible to wake the phones with alternate buttons when the phone came out but it was implemented at such a low level they didnt have any success. CM7 is for so many phone models, many having the option of being waked by alternative hardware buttons.

Edited by bagge

Guest Anil k Solanki

I'm not sure that's strictly true. Google don't make a ROM that works on all devices, AFAIK they release a base OS and HTC, ZTE, Samsung etc have to add the drivers and configs for the hardware they chose to use.

As I said, they have a lot of hardware platforms to "support", from many OEM's I said nothing about Google building a ROM for every OEM. Comapre that to iOS and the vastly smaller range of devices Apple needs to code for. I spent over 10 years as an Apple dev & it was far less complicated than ANDROID development. With greater freedom comes greater complexity, but more importantly, greater choice.

Anil.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

an hour? takes me best part of a day, in fact i recently did a gen2 tpt, cwm4 and cm7 install on a friend's blade and some basic settings, reinstalling apps etc; that was a morning's work.

i certainly wouldn't wipe data more than once a month, and if you're the type of person who restores stuff with titanium, then you may as well not bother at all, as that's just going to put the crud back in.

I just update every thirty nightlies or so!

Guest ritterkeks

I got my Tablet the other day (Transformer, like many others here), cheapest version - no 3g,

so I tried wifi tethering the first time with CM.

Before (froyo) I occasionally tethered it to my laptop and it worked great.

But now I found out, that the wifi-AP turns off everyone the display goes off.

I know it's the wifi that drops, as the tablet looses connection immediately.

It's not the data connection, as it was mentioned in an old CM issue, for 7.0.0RC. Background syncing works fine of course.

However, it's not that simple blade wifi problem, as tethering has worked flawlessly with MCR Froyo!

In CM something seems to be missing that should keep the system alive.

Is this a known problem for CM blade?

As the transformer has no usb port without its dock, I cannot use usb-tethering and I'm not sure if Honeycomb supports this.

Well maybe the wifi fix could help here also, but I had the reconnect issues with MCR too and there tethering went fine...

Greetz

Guest Psyloid

Running N166 now for a day and a half and everything is sweet :)

My battery life problem is fixed as well, mostly i update or wipe and restore user apps with titanium,

but now i did it all super clean, installed everything from the market again and it made a difference.

Took me a whole day to get it set up right all the way though, will only update now if there are blade related fixes in the nightlies

Guest Anil k Solanki

Running N166 now for a day and a half and everything is sweet :)

My battery life problem is fixed as well, mostly i update or wipe and restore user apps with titanium,

but now i did it all super clean, installed everything from the market again and it made a difference.

Took me a whole day to get it set up right all the way though, will only update now if there are blade related fixes in the nightlies

Hi Psyloid, I read your signature and thought, shouldn't it read "This is not the Psyloid you are looking for.". :)

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki