[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

An internet search revealed that your phone is the same as a San francisco which is the zte blade rebadged for the UK market.

I have one myself but my phone has 512mb. Maybe you have 512mb but need to unlock it.See this forum for that info.

I have been able to use any rom on the forum on my phone as if the website I saw is correct ,then so should you.

Here is the link I found http://www.modem3g.c...-v880-p-82.html

Before you install any rom then you should download clockworkmod and backup what you have.That way if anything goes wrong you can easily go back to where you are now.

I promise, it's 256mb ramsmile.gif

The v880s only have 256MB RAM, there isn't any more to unlock.

The recent v880s have some hardware changes that have not been seen in European models yet. Recent CM7 nightly builds added support for the new LCD panel and FocalTech touchscreen used in the v880, however I'm not sure if the new kernel currently being tested has support for these (I think it does). The specs listed mention 4G NAND, I assume this mean 4Gb (512MB), but if it is actually 4GB, then that is a change I haven't seen before and will probably be incompatible with all roms. NAND sizes are usually specified in bits, not bytes so it is probably 512MB.

The most recent CM7 nightly build should work. I'm not sure if any other custom roms added support for the newer hardware.

Hi, Tom G

You are right. it's 4-gigabit NAND flash memory chips, just 512mb rom.

Ah... What else hw info should i provide to you?

Edited by olol

I see smartass was added to the new kernel. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this is the newer V2 version of it?

Will be testing the kernel again tomorrow :)

Edited by sm4tik

I see smartass was added to the new kernel. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this is the newer V2 version of it?

Will be testing the kernel again tomorrow :)

i just made a test build (usual link) with the kernel patch 2 and its says smartass, not smartass_V2

proximity is fixed - the screen goes on/off during a call.

whilst flashing it i noticed that rom manager 4407 has the old "error processing rom manager script...." bug back again with cwm 5020. doing a nandroid works fine, but not flashing a zip :(

Edited by sej7278

Guest LorianNod

i just made a test build (usual link) with the kernel patch 2 and its says smartass, not smartass_V2

The previous verson was OK for me, but your new patchset 2 build reboots about every 60 seconds for me at the moment. I'm going to try re-wiping and re- flashing.

Guest LorianNod

I just came here to post that Patchset 2 is awesome lol. Somewhat at odds with LorianNods experience! The proximity is indeed now fixed.

It's possible it's ok now. Haven't done anything different except the re-wipe/flash. It took ages to start up (longer than normal after a flash) but has been up for a few minutes now.

It's possible it's ok now. Haven't done anything different except the re-wipe/flash. It took ages to start up (longer than normal after a flash) but has been up for a few minutes now.

i find first boot after a flash is always iffy, i guess the dalvik hasn't settled down. i never judge a rom on its first boot anymore.

i got a gps reboot, but i put that down to google maps moreso than the kernel. i never get reboots with a proper gps app like igo8 (why are google's own apps the worst of the lot?!)

i had a reboot with the first patch earlier today writing an sms, which is why i made a build with patch2.

Guest targetbsp

There is no way I'd go back to the old kernel, I'm finding then new one much better in games.

Excellent! I was thinking the same but I've only been playing the 1 game this week and wondered if I was imagining it. Glad to have a second opinion on that. :D

Guest targetbsp

antutu score ?

Nothing special from what I recall. But then GSF scored lower than the old CM7 kernel and was also great at games performance. In short, benchmarks suck. :D

Running a benchmark now...

Here we go (On Demand governor):

post-784250-0-95951400-1315774953_thumb.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

SmartAss scores a 100 more points in Antutu than On Demand

post-784250-0-08028000-1315777005_thumb.

The benchmarks were run multiple times and producing consistent scores.

Edited by targetbsp

i don't know if i'm doing something wrong, but when i put my orange payg sim in my sanfran the carrier label is blank in the statusbar, always has been (well on cm7 at least, can't remember froyo and nuked eclair in under a day) is this due to using an old simcard, or some apn setting i need to do?

i keep meaning to try the newer 3g simcard that came with the sanfran. certainly various french simcards i've tried work fine.

the thing that worries me about antutu is the it takes the sdcard into account, so benchmarks could vary wildy. my crappy 16gb sandisk was 4mbps or something and ondemand @ 710mhz gave me 1650 antutu's as i recall. that said, it can't be worse than quadrant.

Guest targetbsp

the thing that worries me about antutu is the it takes the sdcard into account, so benchmarks could vary wildy. my crappy 16gb sandisk was 4mbps or something and ondemand @ 710mhz gave me 1650 antutu's as i recall. that said, it can't be worse than quadrant.

True that. Use calc to deduct the sd card scores I guess! It's worth noting though that whilst the sd card is contributing 30 of the extra points in the governor switch, those speeds are consistently higher. So as a matter of personal interest, rather than comparative to anyone else, I can presumably load stuff faster!?

The SD card and 3d scores are consistently higher with SmartAss than On Demand. Interactive fell midway between the 2. Performance scored pretty much the same as Smartass but would obviously eat the battery.

I've never played with the governors before!

Guest hlubepet

Confirms that the proximity sensor works after calibrating. This compared with the previous version seems faster, someone has confirmed this?

yeah, noticably faster also here... "Im lovin it".... but still, scared about bugs.. this is my primary and only phone...

I am using sej latest build.After checking md5,I did complete wipe,fresh install.

Only everytime I boot,there is one bootloop before the rom actually boots ?

The bootanimation goes through two cycles everytime.

Edited by Guest

Guest LorianNod

Actually I don't think its a boot loop at all. I think its maybe just a blank screen for a while between the duller and brighter phases of the cyanogen animation.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Actually I don't think its a boot loop at all. I think its maybe just a blank screen for a while between the duller and brighter phases of the cyanogen animation.

yes that's what i think it is - just a longer boot phases between dark and bright.

as far as gps issues goes, they're never going to be fixed it seems, maybe its just a crappy gps chipset?

GPS with N143 and .32 kernel works fine without any problems. Yesterday I loaded v2 kernel, maybe help this. Question - Can i try load older GPS files from lib folder of N179 CM7 Nightly? Or files doesn´t compatible with .35 kernel?

Edited by hudasp